Borders Closing - Where to buy books?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avfin

GONK LIVES
Reaction score
I enjoy using my 30 and 40% off coupons at Borders. Now that they are closing their doors, just wondering where you freaks get your books from. I like a real book in hand--wife has Kindle, but I do not want to go that way yet.
I think there is a Barnes&Noble in the next town,but do not go that way often. How is Amazon for new releases?

Amazon is the best place for books I think. Free shipping and no tax. The prices are lower than Barnes & Noble.

Barnes and Noble still works for me but I've long since moved to the digital formatting and only go there when something isn't available in eBook

I'm kind of sad to see Borders shut down. As far as retail book megastores go, I've always preferred Borders to B&N. Their prices were comparable, both being much higher than what you'd see from Amazon, but Borders at least had frequent (often times weekly) 30-40% off coupons - as op mentioned - that would bring prices down to about the Amazon going rate. I liked browsing too. That's what libraries are for, I know, but the local one is a dump full of high school teens.

I actually went over to one on Saturday, and now I see why they are shutting the physical stores down. Even with 40% off, Amazon is still cheaper. I was kinda shocked at that because the store was packed. They actually had some books I wanted, but damn, they can't compete.

I did get this Conan collection for $9.88 at Barnes and Noble the other day. I thought it was a pretty awesome deal. Book is twice as much on Amazon.

948941.jpg

Last edited:
I only buy books from Amazon, free shipping and no tax.

I only use Barnes & Noble for taking a dump, they have exquisite bathrooms. True Story :lecture

And sometimes I'll get coffee.

Barnes does indeed. Have you ever snuck a book in the toilet? I've always wondered if someone tried that. :lol

I avoid toilet reading, gotta focus on the task at hand. I start reading something interesting and forget I am making and dodo, no bueno :nono

Back