PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III Stealth Version

karamazov80
07-21-2011, 08:39 AM
I figure this warrants its own thread. Picture from Michael Crawford's website:

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2011/images/sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_10.jpg

Seems a legit release, as it has a release date of 4th quarter 2011.

darthjuan007
07-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Damn.......just when I thought I was done with Iron Man.:gah::gah::gah:

karamazov80
07-21-2011, 08:45 AM
So I haven't been following the new Mark II discussion all that closely, but my understanding was that that was a new mold, not a modification of the BD Mark III. If so, does this figure appear to be based off of that, or the BD mark III?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9013751&ref=header&live&search

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9005511&ref=header&live&search

If the former, you've gotta figure another, traditional Mark III is coming. Would make a bit of sense to try and sell another upgrade alongside Iron Monger

bumblebee
07-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Geez...i'm gonna need a second job after this cons done.

The Mike
07-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Crawford's pic posted.

I'm interested to see if this is new or just finally the Stealth version that was out before finally on sale....if it is new than it's a lock for a new Mark III.....

Darthrazz
07-21-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm glad I got out of the Iron Man line. Hot Toys is really milking this license! Which I guess they should?

The Mike
07-21-2011, 09:21 AM
If there is a new Mark III (if it comes from this....) and a new Mark I (as rumored) there was no reason to actually have bought anything from the Iron Man 1 line....

BISHART
07-21-2011, 09:26 AM
i made a thread for this yesterday, and it got merged with another sdcc thread. get ready for that

just realized youre a mod. haha nm

karamazov80
07-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Maybe they wouldn't revisit the Mark III BD look. . .but knowing HT, they probably will :lol

Whenever someone complains about HT not finishing lines or whatever, they should look at this as a cautionary tale. Jesus, how many freakin' Iron Man figures can they possibly produce???

Theokan
07-21-2011, 09:36 AM
From what I read in an old article, they couldn't release the stealth Iron man because he's considered a comic book character instead of a movie character. I think Sideshow and Hot Toys crossover has a lot to do with HT finally able to get past the comic book license and release the stealth Iron man. What's interesting is that this could also open the door for other iron man suits from the comic if they really want to milk it, like HT Silver Centurion, modular, Golden Avenger(gold repaint Mark I anyone?), etc..

Spanbauer
07-21-2011, 09:39 AM
What is the point of this hideous repaint? Is it based on some comic book iteration or something?

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-21-2011, 09:41 AM
In before the iron Man haters and Hulk whiners :rock

The Mike
07-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Hasbro was allowed to make conceptuals in their movie line maybe HT finally got Marvel to crack along those lines. The first film had Phil Saunders create a stealth conceptual, I remember hearing there was one created for the second film but never used.

vodoun
07-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Looks like something from Masters of the Universe...

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-21-2011, 09:47 AM
If there is a new Mark III (if it comes from this....) and a new Mark I (as rumored) there was no reason to actually have bought anything from the Iron Man 1 line....

I don't understand this line of thinking. If you enjoy the Iron Man franchise, adding any figure that you like to your collection is great. You don't have to have only the most current, up-to-date figures in order to enjoy your collection.

Just b/c there is a chance that the secondary market value of your older figures might take a hit that doesn't mean "there was no reason" to buy them initially. Some people actually plan on keeping the figures they buy and could care less about their secondary value.

karamazov80
07-21-2011, 09:48 AM
What is the point of this hideous repaint? Is it based on some comic book iteration or something?
Yes.

http://www.superheroes-r-us.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/image1.png

Sideshow has released a bust in this paint scheme, and there have been several low-end figures looking like this. I dig it, but think the paint could be a bit darker. . .and would prefer it to go on the (superior) Mark IV body over the Mark III.

luke314pi
07-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't understand this line of thinking. If you enjoy the Iron Man franchise, adding any figure that you like to your collection is a great. You don't have to have only the most current, up-to-date figures in order to enjoy your collection.

Just b/c there is a chance that the secondary market value of your older figures might take a hit that doesn't mean "there was no reason" to buy them initially. Some people actually plan on keeping the figures they buy and could care less about their secondary value.
Exactly. Plus the Mark I came out in 2009, so I have been able to enjoy it on my shelf for 2 years now. By the time a hypothetical re-release comes out, it might be 3 years total. That is reason enough for me. :)

uc7
07-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Since this isn't exactly a comic or movie version, I would like to see something new. If they were going "stealth", why not make one with a matte black finish (like the stealth jet) and keep the eyes and chest piece red.

I would be more into buying that than a blue Mark IV suit.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Exactly. Plus the Mark I came out in 2009, so I have been able to enjoy it on my shelf for 2 years now. By the time a hypothetical re-release comes out, it might be 3 years total. That is reason enough for me. :)

:goodpost: 2 years is a long time, and I see no reason why you cannot continue to enjoy it regardless if a new mark I were to be released or not. Again, I don't see how the news of new releases of older figures takes away from the joy of the original :dunno

The Mike
07-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I don't understand this line of thinking. If you enjoy the Iron Man franchise, adding any figure that you like to your collection is great. You don't have to have only the most current, up-to-date figures in order to enjoy your collection. Just b/c there is a chance that the secondary market value of your older figures might take a hit that doesn't mean "there was no reason" to buy them initially. Some people actually plan on keeping the figures they buy and could care less about their secondary value.

You're talking out of your ass and reading into my post where there isn't anything. It isn't about updating your figures or being rid of your figures themselves. My point is that most lines are a progression meaning you are adding to a collection whereas if they do this then HT is doing something interesting for collectors and giving them a shot at everything they've done for the most part and not making them run through eBay for them.

It's an interesting perspective given that the collectors haven't been given this "option". For new collectors or even old who haven't got in, there was no reason to buy from the Iron Man 1 line.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-21-2011, 10:17 AM
You're talking out of your ass and reading into my post where there isn't anything. It isn't about updating your figures or being rid of your figures themselves. My point is that most lines are a progression meaning you are adding to a collection whereas if they do this then HT is doing something interesting for collectors and giving them a shot at everything they've done for the most part and not making them run through eBay for them.

It's an interesting perspective given that the collectors haven't been given this "option". For new collectors or even old who haven't got in, there was no reason to buy from the Iron Man 1 line.

:lol "I'm talking out of my ass" really? Ease up keyboard warrior, no need to get so irritated over a figure discussion board. Seeing that others agree with me I guess I'm not alone and we're all "talking out of our asses" :rotfl

JosephCPR
07-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't understand this line of thinking. If you enjoy the Iron Man franchise, adding any figure that you like to your collection is great. You don't have to have only the most current, up-to-date figures in order to enjoy your collection.

You are right, you don't have to, but the truth is that more often than not, the most current, up-to-date figures look much better than the older ones and given that not everybody is a completist, I'm sure most folks are almost "forced" to update their collections if they want to have the best representation possible of their characters.

Gully Foyle
07-21-2011, 12:38 PM
This looks like the Mark 2 autopsy suit retooling.

New paintjob is all (and minus the removable armor).

Note the redesigned abdominal section. It's beefier.

karamazov80
07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I feel that way about my OC Batman. Sure, the new one is basically the same plus improvements. But I've been enjoying the heck out of that figure for 3 years or so. I win! :hi5:

Thanks! But do you think the rivets on Mark II were just painted on?

Chapter 2099
07-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Must resist the one (if it does go for sale.) Unless it's some special exclusive, I'll probably pass. I'd like to limit myself to one HT piece per license. (In my collection.)

The Mike
07-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Ease up keyboard warrior.

:lol I'm still laughing. Let's hug it out.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkwr809xan1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

I'm definitely getting this and really hoping it comes with a Hall of Armor stand because there is a nice display taking form.

RagingBull
07-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Looks really nice this figure but a pass for me. Love the colourings but I really want Iron Monger & then I'll be done with the Iron Man line until we get an Avengers Iron Man.

azurepred
07-21-2011, 01:56 PM
meh, there's no point of even collecting HT IM anymore, this one will prolly be re-done in a couple years anyways :lol.

plasmid303
07-21-2011, 02:04 PM
The only gripe I had about the Mark II Unleashed was the tiny head in relation to the rest of the body. Same gripe here.

Chigger58
07-21-2011, 03:40 PM
This one's a pass for me as I've never been a big fan of the Stealth look. Now a Silver Centurion....that would be different and it's probably 1/2 the reason I'm getting the V.

Blackthornone
07-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Since this isn't exactly a comic or movie version, I would like to see something new. If they were going "stealth", why not make one with a matte black finish (like the stealth jet) and keep the eyes and chest piece red.

I would be more into buying that than a blue Mark IV suit.

The Stealth Armor in the comic was blue, not black, and furthermore, blue is stealthier in the sky than black, because the sky is blue. It is more difficult to see a blue object against a blue background than it is to see a black object against a blue background. The SR 71 is black because flying the plane at such high speeds gets the skin of the aircraft so hot that it turns it black. Paint just peels off. As far as the newer stealth aircraft, they are black partly from tradition of the SR 71 and partly because black is seen as menacing. Stealth aircraft fly so high that is is near impossible to see them anyway, especially at night. Since Iron Man flies close to the ground often times, blue makes more sense. As I recall, it isn't just that the armor is hard to see on radar, it is also because it is super quiet, and has no weapons, incidentally. I have the issue with the first appearance of the Stealth Armor.

LipSmack
07-21-2011, 04:37 PM
actually it was meant to be black in the comic but back then you couldnt use all black in ink for some reason so they used blue, so it wassupposed to be black

VASith
07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm in the minority but I think it looks cool and will order it. :monkey1

The Mike
07-21-2011, 05:25 PM
actually it was meant to be black in the comic but back then you couldnt use all black in ink for some reason so they used blue, so it wassupposed to be black

Yup. The suit was actually black in the beginning with blue highlights:

http://halomall.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/stealth-iron-man.jpg

The same way Superman's black hair was constantly shown via blue highlights:

http://metropolisplus.com/Superman/SupermanJLBColorWeb.jpg

The thing is that the suit always looked so blue that it sticks whereas we all know Superman's hair is black.

Blackthornone
07-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Yup. The suit was actually black in the beginning with blue highlights:

The same way Superman's black hair was constantly shown via blue highlights:

http://metropolisplus.com/Superman/SupermanJLBColorWeb.jpg

The thing is that the suit always looked so blue that it sticks whereas we all know Superman's hair is black.

It's odd how comics will highlight black with blue to show contours when the contours on any black object are actually gray or white, unless it is reflecting another thing that is blue near it.
I realize that the sky is blue, but since Stealth paint would be flat, the armor would not reflect, and hence the highlights would still be gray. Using blue highlights on black just doesn't make sense.
I did know a guy with black hair who had it dyed with a special blue metallic so that it DID look like Superman's hair. His hair looked black until it was in the sunlight and then you could see blue highlights. It was interesting and it reminded me and him of how Superman's hair looked.
That said, the first Stealth armor figure I know of was the Marvel Legends one, which was an ultramarine blue, which is much darker than the blue on this figure, and I think that color would look more appropriate. Again, a blue object is harder to see against a blue background. Similarly, you would not paint a car black to make it stealthy either. You would paint it a flat, light to medium bluish gray, in order to strike a compromise between the color of the asphalt and the sky. I would also prefer the look of a blue Stealth Armor. Perhaps a blued steel color, at the darkest. Somewhere between ultramarine blue and midnight blue would be what I would prefer, but nothing lighter than sapphire blue, which this blue on this figure is lighter than. That said, even if the color remains the same on the production one, I will get one.

Batty
07-21-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm not a fan of the countless IM variations, but I think a black IM would look pretty cool. And no, I don't mean this:

http://i.imgur.com/p42Te.jpg>

Blackthornone
07-21-2011, 06:10 PM
At the very least, I think that the blue on this stealth armor should be as dark a blue as the red is as dark a red on the regular armor, and I'm not sure this blue is that dark. I would also like it if the bluish gray was a tad darker as well.

imthebestatwhatido
07-21-2011, 06:30 PM
i should have never started buying hot toys. food or collectibles? spaghetti O's it is

Grimlock
07-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Someone said on another forum that this figure has been shown at other shows before. So the assumption is that it might just be for display at shows. Has anyone confirmed that they are going to actually make it? I hope they do!

Jango_Fresh
07-21-2011, 06:58 PM
dont know if anyone else mentioned, but there was an art of iron man book displayed with this, i think its some kind of dual exclusive, if no one else does with try to take pics of the book, swore i thought it said and exclusive unlike any other or along those lines.

hollywdbri
07-21-2011, 08:17 PM
dont know if anyone else mentioned, but there was an art of iron man book displayed with this, i think its some kind of dual exclusive, if no one else does with try to take pics of the book, swore i thought it said and exclusive unlike any other or along those lines.

From what the sign says, in order to get the book, you must buy the IM stealth toy. Not confirmed and the grammar on the sign is confusing.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-21-2011, 08:24 PM
You are right, you don't have to, but the truth is that more often than not, the most current, up-to-date figures look much better than the older ones and given that not everybody is a completist, I'm sure most folks are almost "forced" to update their collections if they want to have the best representation possible of their characters.
I understand that point of view, I just hope I never feel that way. Meaning I hope I never feel forced to buy a figure for any reason. I go into the hobby knowing whatever I purchase now as 'new' will be out dated at some point. I just hope I can still enjoy that figure regardless of whatever is released down the road.

:lol I'm still laughing. Let's hug it out.
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkwr809xan1qh4nf6o1_500.gif
I'm definitely getting this and really hoping it comes with a Hall of Armor stand because there is a nice display taking form.
:lol No problemo. You're a great poster Mike, I agree with 99% of your posts :hi5::peace

This one's a pass for me as I've never been a big fan of the Stealth look. Now a Silver Centurion....that would be different and it's probably 1/2 the reason I'm getting the V.
:goodpost: That was my exact initial reaction too Silver Centurion and all. I know better now not to say never wrt to the IM line b/c the odds are stacked in HT's favor on this one :lol

I'm not a fan of the countless IM variations, but I think a black IM would look pretty cool. And no, I don't mean this:

http://i.imgur.com/p42Te.jpg>
:rotfl

mrclean08
07-21-2011, 09:00 PM
For all us Mark suit completists, it's cool we're getting another Mk. suit, but uncool how our bank accounts are getting hit more regularly now. lol

The Mike
07-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Someone said on another forum that this figure has been shown at other shows before. So the assumption is that it might just be for display at shows. Has anyone confirmed that they are going to actually make it? I hope they do!

At the other cons there was a "Not For Sale" sign on the placard. This has a Q4 so it's safe assume whatever roadblock was stopping it before has been surpassed.

Grimlock
07-21-2011, 10:19 PM
At the other cons there was a "Not For Sale" sign on the placard. This has a Q4 so it's safe assume whatever roadblock was stopping it before has been surpassed.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-21-2011, 10:21 PM

Q4 release Mike? WOW. :panic:

Theokan
07-21-2011, 11:37 PM
so is Mark II, Mark V, and Stealth IM all in Q4?

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Correct-a-mundo :lecture

Darth Waller
07-21-2011, 11:53 PM

Sadly, no book on display. It does sound like you have to buy the figure to get the book.

EndoSickness
07-22-2011, 12:05 AM
The stealth version is so godamn unneccessary and godawful.
I hope it sells bad and finally puts a hold on non-related movie material, really.
Itīs the first HT figure to which I speak out negatively and THAT in a big way.
Bummer!!!

Furley_Ghost
07-22-2011, 12:21 AM

Sadly, no book on display. It does sound like you have to buy the figure to get the book.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j337/Furley_Ghost/dphoto8.jpg

I think you guys may have it reversed. The way I read it, you have to buy the book to get the figure. I don't see what makes it an Iron Man book? I can only make out The Art of Collectible. Also, how is the figure related to Iron Man 2?

Furley_Ghost
07-22-2011, 12:29 AM

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j337/Furley_Ghost/sphoto.jpg

The way I'm seeing it, you have to buy this book to get the Stealth Iron Man. I wonder how much this is going to cost and what exactly is in the book. Picture's from a screen shot from ansol2006's YouTube video.

wookster
07-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Hmmmm, interesting.

Chapter 2099
07-22-2011, 01:28 AM
This should shake things up a bit. I wonder how much the book will be.

teoyangk
07-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Maybe it is a book that contains pictures of all the figures which Hot Toys has produced till now...

EVILFACE
07-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Eh, not that great of a idea.

King Darkness
07-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Glad I am over the Iron Man craze. This and Iron Monger look good, but have zero interest.

wookster
07-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Have to admit I'm a sucker for a fine glossy coffee table book. Between Tashen and Hot Toys is like a rock and a hard place.

EXOTICLEX
07-22-2011, 07:13 AM
It wasn't in Iron man 2 unless it was on tony's computer and I missed it. Interesting to say the least.

The Mike
07-22-2011, 07:21 AM

Correct-a-mundo :lecture

Well all slated for Q4. The Mark V is a lock because it's been delayed over and over but we haven't seen the Stealth fully solicited yet and I have serious doubts that the Mark II will actually ship before the end of the year so it might be Mark V for Q4 and Mark II and Mark IIIS in Q1 of 2012...which of course bumps it to the same quarter as the Gantry.

I think you guys may have it reversed. The way I read it, you have to buy the book to get the figure. I don't see what makes it an Iron Man book? I can only make out The Art of Collectible. Also, how is the figure related to Iron Man 2?

Maybe that is the workaround, that the figure is "included" with the book and therefore they aren't actually selling it. It's not related to Iron Man 2 (since it's the Mark III) and if you look at the base there is no movie title on it as well as the placcard says "Marvel Studios" instead of an actual film....

It wasn't in Iron man 2 unless it was on tony's computer and I missed it. Interesting to say the least.

It wasn't, this is completely conceptual and if I remember correctly was originally planned as the Exclusive before the original Gunmetal Gray version but was stopped by Marvel due to licensing constraints. They brought out the proto anyway and continued to but it looks like they've jumped the hurdle for offering it.

lerath666
07-22-2011, 07:30 AM

.. that picture makes the book cover look like it's titled

"fart Of collectables"

Centurion
07-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Stealth version. OK.

Gipetto0812
07-22-2011, 09:53 AM
I would definitely be interested in this book depending on what's inside

Deckard
07-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Do want. Could care less about the figure though.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Well all slated for Q4. The Mark V is a lock because it's been delayed over and over but we haven't seen the Stealth fully solicited yet and I have serious doubts that the Mark II will actually ship before the end of the year so it might be Mark V for Q4 and Mark II and Mark IIIS in Q1 of 2012...which of course bumps it to the same quarter as the Gantry.

I agree about the Mark ii AUV, it really appears to need a lot of improvement. I wonder how much this book will cost? :slap

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Don't like it, but need the figure :slap

Anyone want to split this sale?
You get the book, I get figure? :)

BB&WSF
07-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Have to admit I'm a sucker for a fine glossy coffee table book. Between Tashen and Hot Toys is like a rock and a hard place.

Same here. I love the coffee table editions and have a few, dunno if Art of Top Cow or Superman/Batman Cover to Cover will fall under that category, but its good to have 'em and flip through the pages once in a while. To get an HT IM 1/6 figure with a book sounds good! Pardon my ignorance, but what's with the blue suit, is it from the comics? Never read/seen one of those actually..

jstep13
07-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Don't like it, but need the figure :slap

Anyone want to split this sale?
You get the book, I get figure? :)

Believe it or not, I would split the book/figure :D

I'm the opposite, I really want the book, I don't necessarily need this figure. I'm happy with my other 8 iron Man figures.

If this comes to fruition, keep me in mind peeps :wave

The Mike
07-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Shouldn't this be in Marvel? :dunno There is already a thread for the MIIIS....

I want the figure, don't really care for the book so depending on the price I might take someone up on the split offer. I wanna see the price first.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Believe it or not, I would :D

I'm the opposite, I really want the book, I don't necessarily need this figure...If this comes to fruition, keep me in mind :wave

Awesome & absolutely. I'm in. :yess:

I thought so too :dunno

Jedi Adrian
07-22-2011, 12:16 PM
why the mk 3 body?

Gully Foyle
07-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks! But do you think the rivets on Mark II were just painted on?

Dedguy is the member to ask.

Dedguy! White courtesy phone! :stick

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
07-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Dedguy is the member to ask.

Dedguy! White courtesy phone! :stick

:lecture:lecture:lecture

DFanatic
07-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Believe it or not, I would split the book/figure :D

I'm the opposite, I really want the book, I don't necessarily need this figure.

This goes for me too people. When the time comes, I hope I can get the book.

Grosby
07-22-2011, 02:36 PM

The thread was for the book alone, which we all seem to be figuring is about the history of Hot Toys in general and just happens to come with a Marvel figure. I don't think it should've been merged, the book is a topic in itself and something people are obviously interested in discussing outside of this Iron-Man figure.

I believe the book is called 'The Art Collectible,' that would make more sense at least - I mean, I hope they put in enough care to at least get proper English in the title... The title writing though certainly looks ridiculously unclear, sure - I agree with the person before who said it also looks like 'The Fart Collectible.'

Anyway, I'm very interested in this book if it turns out to be a history of HT, with a look into their workshop, how they make figures, etc, etc. I'd even be interested if it was just a book compiling just the specs and official pictures they list on their site. I've long wanted to have something like that.

karamazov80
07-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Though I'm not sure what there is to say about it at this point, I've started up a new thread about the book here for those who want to discuss it without discussing the Iron Man figure:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3647076#post3647076

KingGrayskull
07-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Is it already known wether this is a new sculpt or the old BD or MIII? Noonoe with comparission pics?

Alice Adrenochrome
07-23-2011, 09:20 AM
A pity HT didn't take this chance to give us an armor from the comic books. That's what I really would like to see.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
07-24-2011, 01:23 PM
No offence to those who like this, but i think it looks like ____

Collectible
07-24-2011, 10:25 PM
easy pass for this one

karamazov80
07-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Is it already known wether this is a new sculpt or the old BD or MIII? Noonoe with comparission pics?
This was a response from earlier in the thread:

But there are no rivets on this newer figure, so it is probably a slightly new sculpt if it is based off the new Mark II.

LordAzrael
07-25-2011, 05:20 AM
A pity HT didn't take this chance to give us an armor from the comic books. That's what I really would like to see.

Absolutely. I would love the "classic" shell head armor, which would not require much modification from the classic stealth, along with a silver centurion. I'd also love a comic book war machine!

KingGrayskull
07-25-2011, 09:15 AM
This was a response from earlier in the thread:

But there are no rivets on this newer figure, so it is probably a slightly new sculpt if it is based off the new Mark II.

I see. Thanks! So I assume we will have another Mark III based on the Mark II Unleashed comming?:yess:

skullboy
07-26-2011, 08:14 AM

Is there really going to be a new mark I :yess: i have heard nothing, where did you hear this?

The Josh
07-26-2011, 02:17 PM
As I said in another thread glad this one is coming. I told you Buttmunch they would be making this one. :)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/affiliate%20album/IMG_0546.jpg

The Josh
07-26-2011, 07:24 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/affiliate%20album/IMG_0919.jpg

Hooney
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
easy pass for me. really don't like my iron man just one color. hot toys is milking iron man now. guess they gotta make something til avengers movie is out.

karamazov80
07-26-2011, 09:26 PM
hot toys is milking iron man now.
Well, they've been milking that line for awhile now. It's just that now they're trying to milk it completely dry.

The Josh
07-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I've got no problem with that.

karamazov80
07-26-2011, 09:49 PM
I just wish they gave us these paint apps with the Mark IV over the Mark III. Just a sleeker, cooler looking figure IMO.

The Josh
07-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Now, that I agree with. Not sure why they didn't just upgrade the figure to the Mark IV design. I'm glad this figure is getting made but wouldn't mind having seen the switch.

Buttmunch
07-26-2011, 10:12 PM
As I said in another thread glad this one is coming. I told you Buttmunch they would be making this one. :)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x214/Sideshow_SuperFan/affiliate%20album/IMG_0546.jpg

He hasn't gone up for Pre-order just yet :lol

But I am really surprised. This really boarders on being a comic based figure rather than a film figure. But for some reason they can make the odd grey versions, so I guess a blue one isn't a problem either :dunno

The Josh
07-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Oh happy day when it does :rock

SRTtoZ
07-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Dont like it...paint looks extremely cheap, like some amateur repainted his M3.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Dont like it...paint looks extremely cheap, like some amateur repainted his M3.

Hate to agree but I do. I've seen a custom Mark iii painted like the Mark ii that blew this away

leatherneck
08-04-2011, 05:01 AM
I just hope they finally fix the hip flare dispenser on this one.

mrclean08
08-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Waiting patiently for the preorders...

The Ween
08-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Do you have to buy a book to get this?

http://hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/284634_10150253182097344_58690437343_7810452_59699 54_n.jpg

inuka
08-06-2011, 02:05 AM
They are really milking this license to the last drop............

tdk5
08-06-2011, 08:04 AM
I think they may have made this in dedication to the Iron Man Dio suit in the new Iron Man Anime series:

http://randomc.net/image/Iron%20Man/Iron%20Man%20-%2001%20-%20Large%2015.jpg

just my guess :)

The Mike
08-06-2011, 08:26 AM
They are really milking this license to the last drop............

and I'm still thirsty! :lol

I think they may have made this in dedication to the Iron Man Dio suit in the new Iron Man Anime series. just my guess :)

Here is the pic from your broken link:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2762/iron20man2020012020larg.jpg

and I doubt it, it's completely different. :lol

(Look for the Stealth Mark VI in this color design at next year's SDCC!)

tdk5
08-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Color scheme wise it's the same tho

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-06-2011, 10:25 AM
The arc reactor on the figure is red :dunno

darren1228
08-06-2011, 10:29 AM
You are thinking too hard about it. Hot Toys isn't dedicating it to anything. It is simply milking :lol

Plus this variant Mark III was shown last year already way before the anime debuted. It is based on the stealth scheme from the comics. Hardly a new concept from the anime

http://www.trantuan.com/images/StealthIronMan09.jpg
http://tomopop.com/ul/4056-550x-3AGE-STEALTH-IRONMAN.jpg

Zeniff
08-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Hot Toys is just milking this license so much, but what can you do

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/facepalm/grand/disappointed_gif_44556.gif (http://www.gifsforum.com/gifs/24467)

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-06-2011, 10:45 AM

That looks infinitely better than this Mark iii stealth variant we're seeing displayed with the book.

The Josh
08-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Do you have to buy a book to get this?

http://hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/284634_10150253182097344_58690437343_7810452_59699 54_n.jpg

Yeah, its either buy the figure get the book or the other way around nobody was quite sure at comic-con either.

tdk5
08-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Sorry don't know much abt iron man comics since i only liked it because of the movies. But yeah it looks more like the stealth suit pics and if anything, the dio suit may have been based on the stealth suit. Either way, i thimk the color scheme on this figure is just so dull.

JohnnyT
08-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I need every Iron Man....please stop Hot Toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I need every Iron Man....please stop Hot Toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be a Jersey thing :dunno :wink1: :gah: :slap :yess:

toystales
08-06-2011, 10:56 PM

That looks infinitely better than this Mark iii stealth variant we're seeing displayed with the book.

I am quite sure Hot Toys will make sure we get all the different versions of Stealth Iron Man available in the comics, anime etc. And they will also throw in some "concept" versions as Fair Exclusives. :)

mrclean08
08-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Must be a Jersey thing :dunno :wink1: :gah: :slap :yess:

and must also be a California thing. :slap

The Josh
08-06-2011, 11:16 PM
And Missouri. :lol

The Mike
08-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Iron Man fans have no borders. We all belong to Stark Industries.

The Josh
08-07-2011, 10:01 AM
True :lecture :lol

Doctor Who
08-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Yeah, its either buy the figure get the book or the other way around nobody was quite sure at comic-con either.

It says on the card:

Exclusive for Book Purchase.

So buy book, get Iron Man.

The Josh
08-07-2011, 01:24 PM
I can see that. It's the same card that was in San Diego with it. That was the assumption we came to but HT wasn't clear on any of the details with it from what I could gather asking around.

LaMelnik
08-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Doesn't matter - either way I'm getting both :yess:

:nana:

The Josh
08-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Oh I'm with ya there. It will be mine.

The Mike
08-08-2011, 11:58 AM
It says on the card: Exclusive for Book Purchase. So buy book, get Iron Man.

That is going to be a $200 book then...hmmmm....sold. :yess:

Darth Caedus
08-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Haven't really been following the news on this fig....is there a pre-order going up soon???

The Mike
08-19-2011, 07:52 PM
The placcard said Q4. So I would imagine we'd be seeing a PO soon.

ETERNIA FOREVER
11-29-2011, 03:09 PM
bump for any news

automaton
11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
hasn't this been cancelled?

mrjasontodd
11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
watch, $250 for this.

The Josh
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't know if it will clock in at that or not as it also comes with a HT Retrospective book.

moose
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I think they should cancel the color and reissue it as a regular Mark 3 extra sales against the iron monger.

Khonsu70
11-29-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm actually really grateful for figures like this and "Secret Project" Iron Man, because they kill any desire I might otherwise have to be an Iron Man completist. Think I will likewise pass on the coming AU Mark II and wait for the inevitable AU Mark III release instead. With all the cool, original stuff they have coming in 2012, having a few easy passes is actually a blessing.

KingGrayskull
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Agreed. Yet SP is way too cool to pass. I prefered skipping the original and BD MK III. Also no original MK II. Only things I am after ar he cool accessoires and SSC Exclusives...

mrclean08
12-03-2011, 12:02 PM
I say if Hot Toys ever releases a Stealth version, they should utilize the Mark IV or VI molds instead.

KingGrayskull
12-10-2011, 03:08 AM
So is this officially cancelled now?

mrclean08
12-10-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty sure its in limbo. Their main focus right now with IM is the War Machine MILK/Special version and then the Mark II Unleashed next year.

I still want to see it, but waiting for any news about it is frustrating.

RagingBull
01-08-2012, 06:42 AM
So I take it this did get cancelled, as it's been quite awhile now & no news. Shame because I've been wanting this. Oh well :(

Firebird
01-08-2012, 06:51 AM
I would give it a little time. It is still early to say that this has been cancelled.

RagingBull
01-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I hope it hasn't. I'd love to add this to my Iron Man Figures, just to add a bit of variety in colour to the collection & also this is my favourite IM Suit & HT by the look's of things are finally getting it right.

karamazov80
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Hot Toys is in no rush to do anything. I don't recall them showing off a completed prototype of a figure they didn't produce.

mikericm
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Hot Toys is in no rush to do anything. I don't recall them showing off a completed prototype of a figure they didn't produce.

:exactly::clap

Great point. And its not like we've seen any reports to say it may be cancelled. I think we are just a bit impatient.:dunno:impatient:

I know I am.

EXOTICLEX
01-08-2012, 12:45 PM
A repaint canceled? :lol:lol:lol

Khonsu70
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Y'know, if HT was smart, they'd just wait until the Mark II AU is released, repaint it as the Mark III AU (I'm currently planning on passing on the Mark II to wait for what I believe will be the inevitable AU Mark III), then repaint that as the stealth suit. Of course by then, HT will be charging $500 a pop for a basic figure and no one will be able to afford it! :lol :horror :lol

Theokan
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
they're probably still finishing up the book first, I bet it had blank pages back when they displayed the set at the Con.

RagingBull
01-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I actually forgot all about that book. I want that two. I hope they dont charge silly money for it though, just because it come's with a book.

mikericm
01-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I actually forgot all about that book. I want that two. I hope they dont charge silly money for it though, just because it come's with a book.

Can someone refresh my memory @ what the book you are talking about?:dunno

mrjasontodd
01-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Can someone refresh my memory @ what the book you are talking about?:dunno

mikericm
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Ah, Right. Thanks

Fisherprice
04-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Being the adict that I am has there been any word on this?

tybakt
04-26-2012, 12:39 AM
wonderful but not know bout what is it ?

desisandy
04-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Being the adict that I am has there been any word on this?

wonderful but not know bout what is it ?

HT ditched plan to release this few months back, this was displayed at comic-con didn,t get a good reception.:wave

-jay-
04-26-2012, 12:51 AM
HT ditched plan to release this few months back, this was displayed at comic-con didn,t get a good reception.:wave

I'm not surprised and i love buying Iron Man figures.

Minimodel
04-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Bring the book out though...

Fisherprice
04-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the info.

mizuno hadouken
06-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Man I liked this figure when I saw it at comic con. Sad to see that they scrapped it. I was waiting for it to come out.

JonWes
06-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I didn't love the look of this. A darker metallic blue with maybe some black and red eyes/emitter would have been cool though.

Lee in MI
06-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Link to where they said they scrapped this?

mikericm
06-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I want a stealth IM. I honestly don't care what mark they repaint. I would also like it a bit darker, BUT I WANT A STEALTH IRON MAN!!!!!

karamazov80
06-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Link to where they said they scrapped this?
Nothing official that I have seen, though it was slated for a 2011 release and we haven't heard anything about it.

JJL-Z33
06-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Wonder what happen to the book if it got scrapped.

Lee in MI
06-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen any official announcement that it was not coming. Would be the first time HTs showed a fully executed protype and then cancelled the whole project, I think.

I think they are just looking for a spot to drop this thing in. With Avengers and TDKR they may wait for IM III to release this.

medicomsucks
06-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I think it was two years ago, Hot Toys did show a selection of figures that they had initially planned to produce, and then scrapped. The Stealth Iron Man was one of those. Last year they teased a release of that Stealth figure, but since then I've seen nothing to indicate either way of it's availability.

I also agree, it needs to be a darker blue.

Bizzitty
06-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm also sad that they are not producing this...I wanted this version too...but I do hope since they have the updated mark II body they will release a Mark III 2.0 because the first one just doesn't look very good with the newer releases.

karamazov80
06-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Mark III 2.0 seems like a no-brainer release. Like Lee says, I think they are waiting for the right time, though. Probably after the Mark VII but before Iron Man 3 stuff.

RagingBull
06-10-2012, 03:36 PM
The best time they could announce there making MK III.2 is once Iron Monger starts dropping. A lot of collectors are going to want a good MK III in the excitement of getting there Iron Monger. They need to release a BD Tony Stark head to go with it to.

koon
08-03-2013, 07:04 AM
I didn't get the gunmetal one coz I was hoping for this one.
Was there anything close from IM3?

moose
08-03-2013, 07:47 AM
No we will have to just wait until the rerelease it in diecast

koon
08-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Oh cool, then I don't have to think about getting that diecast Warmachine. I'd rather get this one. Thanks.

I thought there was only three IM in metal, and this is the third one.

Kenzzz
11-05-2013, 09:03 PM
whereee.. where...!!!!iam already looking forward toa very long itme..

dw316
11-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Are they die-casting all Marks 1-7 as well as War Machine Mk1?

LipSmack
11-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Are they die-casting all Marks 1-7 as well as War Machine Mk1?

not officially yet but they did advertise that they could/would... it really depends on how the IP and MK 42 turn out... which I hope they fail as diecast is a dumb idea to begin with

EXOTICLEX
11-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Hope they fail as well. That's why I haven't ordered any of the Iron Men die cast.

LipSmack
11-05-2013, 09:55 PM
this forum really needs like buttons :D

I dont really care what happens with them as the designs do nothing for me, and if the mk 7 is the last great suit we get in plastic then it was definitely the one im glad we got... im just going to hate reading about all the *****ing and QC issues on them :lol cause thats a given

mikelofty
11-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Keep the plastic, and keep me as a customer..... Who can afford 300 plus anymore? The plastics are almost there now, so die cast reboots are going to be in the 400s.....

franpincho
11-06-2013, 06:52 AM
You all could be right. IP has been delayed to freaking march. And who knows about the mark 42, it could also be delayed as well. Could they be experiencing problems with production?

Having that said though, I don't see a problem with these things selling out regardless of materials used. It's IM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

VENOM THE SYMBIOTE
11-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Howard mentioned in the last interview a few months ago that the diecast figure were taking a lot longer to produce thn they realized. I knew then they'd all be delayed. And thats also why they put additional diecast figures on hold ( hopefully permenantly ).

Ship dates on HT HK for all 3 are

Mark 42 - Feb 2014
WM 2.0 - March 2014
IP - March 2014

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1383654_10151743058323108_1466832971_n.jpg

koon
01-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Fourth quarter 2011 can't come soon enough.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/koonfasa/IMG_2882_zps858bca25.jpg (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/koonfasa/IMG_2903_zpsecac769e.jpg)
I so need me some kinda stealthy.