Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III Stealth Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I haven't been following the new Mark II discussion all that closely, but my understanding was that that was a new mold, not a modification of the BD Mark III. If so, does this figure appear to be based off of that, or the BD mark III?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9013751&ref=header&live&search

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9005511&ref=header&live&search

If the former, you've gotta figure another, traditional Mark III is coming. Would make a bit of sense to try and sell another upgrade alongside Iron Monger

Crawford's pic posted.

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_10.jpg

I'm interested to see if this is new or just finally the Stealth version that was out before finally on sale....if it is new than it's a lock for a new Mark III.....

If there is a new Mark III (if it comes from this....) and a new Mark I (as rumored) there was no reason to actually have bought anything from the Iron Man 1 line....

i made a thread for this yesterday, and it got merged with another sdcc thread. get ready for that

just realized youre a mod. haha nm

Maybe they wouldn't revisit the Mark III BD look. . .but knowing HT, they probably will :lol

Whenever someone complains about HT not finishing lines or whatever, they should look at this as a cautionary tale. Jesus, how many freakin' Iron Man figures can they possibly produce???

From what I read in an old article, they couldn't release the stealth Iron man because he's considered a comic book character instead of a movie character. I think Sideshow and Hot Toys crossover has a lot to do with HT finally able to get past the comic book license and release the stealth Iron man. What's interesting is that this could also open the door for other iron man suits from the comic if they really want to milk it, like HT Silver Centurion, modular, Golden Avenger(gold repaint Mark I anyone?), etc..

Hasbro was allowed to make conceptuals in their movie line maybe HT finally got Marvel to crack along those lines. The first film had Phil Saunders create a stealth conceptual, I remember hearing there was one created for the second film but never used.

If there is a new Mark III (if it comes from this....) and a new Mark I (as rumored) there was no reason to actually have bought anything from the Iron Man 1 line....

I don't understand this line of thinking. If you enjoy the Iron Man franchise, adding any figure that you like to your collection is great. You don't have to have only the most current, up-to-date figures in order to enjoy your collection.

Just b/c there is a chance that the secondary market value of your older figures might take a hit that doesn't mean "there was no reason" to buy them initially. Some people actually plan on keeping the figures they buy and could care less about their secondary value.

Last edited:
What is the point of this hideous repaint? Is it based on some comic book iteration or something?
Yes.

image1.png

Sideshow has released a bust in this paint scheme, and there have been several low-end figures looking like this. I dig it, but think the paint could be a bit darker. . .and would prefer it to go on the (superior) Mark IV body over the Mark III.

I don't understand this line of thinking. If you enjoy the Iron Man franchise, adding any figure that you like to your collection is a great. You don't have to have only the most current, up-to-date figures in order to enjoy your collection.

Just b/c there is a chance that the secondary market value of your older figures might take a hit that doesn't mean "there was no reason" to buy them initially. Some people actually plan on keeping the figures they buy and could care less about their secondary value.
Exactly. Plus the Mark I came out in 2009, so I have been able to enjoy it on my shelf for 2 years now. By the time a hypothetical re-release comes out, it might be 3 years total. That is reason enough for me. :)

Since this isn't exactly a comic or movie version, I would like to see something new. If they were going "stealth", why not make one with a matte black finish (like the stealth jet) and keep the eyes and chest piece red.

I would be more into buying that than a blue Mark IV suit.

Exactly. Plus the Mark I came out in 2009, so I have been able to enjoy it on my shelf for 2 years now. By the time a hypothetical re-release comes out, it might be 3 years total. That is reason enough for me. :)

:goodpost: 2 years is a long time, and I see no reason why you cannot continue to enjoy it regardless if a new mark I were to be released or not. Again, I don't see how the news of new releases of older figures takes away from the joy of the original :dunno

I don't understand this line of thinking. If you enjoy the Iron Man franchise, adding any figure that you like to your collection is great. You don't have to have only the most current, up-to-date figures in order to enjoy your collection. Just b/c there is a chance that the secondary market value of your older figures might take a hit that doesn't mean "there was no reason" to buy them initially. Some people actually plan on keeping the figures they buy and could care less about their secondary value.

You're talking out of your ass and reading into my post where there isn't anything. It isn't about updating your figures or being rid of your figures themselves. My point is that most lines are a progression meaning you are adding to a collection whereas if they do this then HT is doing something interesting for collectors and giving them a shot at everything they've done for the most part and not making them run through eBay for them.

It's an interesting perspective given that the collectors haven't been given this "option". For new collectors or even old who haven't got in, there was no reason to buy from the Iron Man 1 line.

Back