3 Gentlemen figures on ebay...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping an eye on it too. Unfortunately this is a bad time to be buying figures off ebay for me, but if the price is good I might just bite. The fact that all the stands are broke might keep the price low.

That's a great auction Shai.

Personally, I am not in favour of ebay auctions being advertised as a post on the board, unless it's your auction, then fair enough. If you happen to be a buyer, do you really want another potential 1000 people being aware of a buy you might interested in?

If you know someone after a particular figure, PM them the details.

Let's not think about scalpers getting wind.

And what now, do we all bid against each other?

I always loose theses auctions because I am
will only go so high. There is always someone
else willing to go higher.

creecher said:
That's a great auction Shai.

Personally, I am not in favour of ebay auctions being advertised as a post on the board, unless it's your auction, then fair enough. If you happen to be a buyer, do you really want another potential 1000 people being aware of a buy you might interested in?

If you know someone after a particular figure, PM them the details.

Let's not think about scalpers getting wind.

And what now, do we all bid against each other?

lolll...creech....I only post the auction I dont bid on...lollll :D

Well, I'm out of it. The price went beyond what I was willing to pay without me placing a single bid. Same happened with that Doc Holiday figure that I also had my eye on.

If you're looking for a Holiday, just misspell it with two L's in Ebay search.

I'm the one who bid it up to the current amount... although I'm not the high bidder. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I'm not sure if I'll continue to bid at this point. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Did you guys see how much the three Gentlemen went for...

:google :google :google $132.50!!! :google :google :google

That's loose with broken bases!!! WOW!!!

I've seen these go for as high as $300 for the set of 4. I was watching this auction and thought they went for a great (read: low) price, but I didn't read the auction details and didn't know they were loose with broken bases.

Hmmm, maybe I should sell MY Buffy & Gentlemen set! :D

You gotta keep your eyes open. One ended a short while back with no bids at $99 with a little damage as well. I thought about it but in the end my one Single Gentleman is enough.

Well, I think the final price is a really good deal for those 3....They are really really rare now....And as for the broken stands,the buyer can always buy some generic Sideshow Stands...

Last edited:
Shaihulud said:
Well, I think the final price is a really good deal for those 3....They are really really rare now....And as for the broken stands,the buyer can always buy some gereric Sideshow Stands...

That's true and if you think about it, it's still only around $45 per figure at that price. That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Wow, didn't think they'd be worth so much... together or individually... particularly since all 3 are alike with same accessories. Sideshow figs in those era weren't as good either.

I got only one Gentlemen so far but this gets me thinking to pick-up the other two... :eek:

Is Hush Buffy worth even more?

Hmm... sorta want to watch that episode again :D

The generic stands just won't cut it. That's what's so cool about these guys are the stands make them float. Of course my original 3 all have broken stands too. They can't take the pressure over long periods of time.

Mine all broke too. I used a strong wire to wrap around the remaining half of the waist piece and that did the trick and was sturdier than the original holder.

I have a set I keep meaning to put up on Ebay. We have three full sets of Buffy and the gentlemen in my house. I had bought one for me and one for each of my daughters and now my oldest doesn't want her Buffy figures anymore. I just have to get around to doing it and hearing that some of the sets have gone for $300:horror is inspiring me to get around to doing this! And mine are still in their boxes!

I finally took mine out of the box and displayed him about a month or so ago. So I guess I should reinforce the stand and support it somehow before it breaks. How long before the stand finally snaps and where does the break occur?

Fritz said:
I finally took mine out of the box and displayed him about a month or so ago. So I guess I should reinforce the stand and support it somehow before it breaks. How long before the stand finally snaps and where does the break occur?

Ah, I'd like to know too... :eek:

mine are put up now, but the one that broke snapped where it wraps around/holds the figure

Back