Maul in the Blog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another kick ass sculpt by Oluf....I wonder if a couple of signed ones will show up on ebay???

Unpainted you can really see a perfect likeness of Ray Park. Oluf is an amazing artist.

Batty said:
Unpainted you can really see a perfect likeness of Ray Park. Oluf is an amazing artist.

Oluf nailed Boromir and now Maul!! I hope he is at SDCC again this year so I can thank him personally for two great sculpts.

He looks great! I almost wish the exclusive was a Ray Park head without the maul make up on (except the horns obviously). That looks great! Oulf is still awesome.

Did Maul have eyebrows? Or was that one of the adjustments to the sculpt?

tomandshell said:
It's really weird how much that looks like Ray Park without the makeup...

Yeah that sculpt is scary good. Oluf did the Human Spike that is one of the best likenesses in the sideshow line (though I still can't seem to get a hold of one). The man has talent.

Can anyone tell just from that what screenshot was used for reference? Having no pupils makes him seem more calm so I'm having a hard time. Off the top of my head I'll guess that was him when you first see his hologram. When you cover his eyes but not the furrow between his brows you see more Maul and less Park. Amazing.

Actually looking at it again I might have to say that's the best 12 inch sculpt to date, PERIOD. Better than Jedi Luke and Qui-Gon even.

Please, PLEASE let Olaf sculpt Bespin Luke. PLEASE. :santa

First I thought when I saw wasn't "wow that looks like Maul" I thought "wow, Ray Park".. and after reading the article on him in this months SW Insider it really does look like him. Grat job Oluf!:D :maul :D

Looks AMAZING!!! Can't wait!!! Although I agree about the eyebrow thing...surely that's in there from the "Park" references...and removed for the FINAL "Maul"!

:monkey5

It would seem other companys try to sculpt Maul and not Park. It is obvious how much more it looks like Maul when they sculpt Park. I don't remember eyebrows on Maul though, but if they were just put there to get Park's likeness done, then great! My hat is off to you Oulf! (come back and post to recieve your glorious praises)

Thanks for the link Austin, and I want my royalty fee for your title. :emperor :rotfl :lol :rotfl

bts_bg.jpg
darthmaulhrfea5uw.png

Yeah it is ok, but Batty's pic nailed it best! :maul JK! Yeah this may be the first Doll I mean 12" SW figure I get!!! :lol In fact it will be!!! Oluf knows what he is doing that is for sure, now where did I put that cloning machine...:chew

I have always been a big fan of Oluf by his captivating sculpt likeness. i am not surprise at all. just check out the Human Spike or Angel he previously had done. Great stuff. This man is an artist. :maul

Back