Boba Fett: The movie !?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
Joe Johnston Trying To Get George Lucas To Do A Boba Fett Movie?
While doing press for his newest movie Captain America: The First Avenger director Joe Johnston revealed that he has talked to George Lucas about a Boba Fett movie.

Joe Johnston was recently promoting his upcoming movie Captain America: The First Avenger, when he was asked about his mentor George Lucas and in a surprise answer he said that he has pitched Lucas on a movie about his famed bounty hunter Boba Fett.

Reports Screen Rant:

Towards the end of our conversation I asked Johnston if his former boss and mentor, George Lucas, had seen the film. The director gave us this somewhat surprising and thoroughly intriguing response: “You know if he wants to see it, I would show it to him. I’m trying to get George to make a feature based on Boba Fett." When asked if he would direct the film Johnston said simply, “I would like to, it would be a lot of fun.”

Johnston began his career as a story board artist for Lucas. He served as a visual effects art director on both The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi creating the look of some of Star Wars most notable characters and star ships including Yoda, the Ewoks, The Millennium Falcon, The X- and Y-Wing Fighters, The Imperial Snow Walkers, and The Imperial Star Destroyer. Another one of Johnstons designs? Boba Fett.

Intriguing. I'd see it. Question is, would the story be before or after the Sarlacc goes Om nom nom.
Well seeing as how he's dead after that, I would hope before (I know the Star Wars comics ret-conned his story to say he survived, but he was pretty obviously killed there in the movie, and I think it would be less silly not to open that can of, um, worms).

Well seeing as how he's dead after that, I would hope before (I know the Star Wars comics ret-conned his story to say he survived, but he was pretty obviously killed there in the movie, and I think it would be less silly not to open that can of, um, worms).
If the EU did it, a whole movie based on the guy could just as easily depict his surviving of the pit.

Agree with you though.

A Boba Fett movie could be really awesome (or really crappy). I'd love to see more about Mandalorians. Can we get Karen Traviss to write the script?

It's reasonable the someone like Fett could escape the Sarlacc, it's not like it chews its food. As a bounty hunter, he probably has equipment that would allow him to escape.

A Boba Fett movie could be really awesome (or really crappy). I'd love to see more about Mandalorians. Can we get Karen Traviss to write the script?

As long as they can disregard the crappy Mandalorian stuff from The Clone Wars show

It would be so badass. If Captain America is good (and it looks epic!) i would love if Johnston got the chance to direct an epic boba fett movie. But Lucas cant get to involved, It needs to be darker, explore the mandalorian culture and have a strong story. Make it PG-13 and edgy. I enjoyed the Jango Fett Bounty Hunter game for PS2, I would of rather see that a movie than Attack of the Clones, but thats just me.

I like boba fett i think hes a great character, my favorite of the star wars films. I have cool images in mind, id see it!

I would watch it! Just do it right! Boba Fett is a bad-ass! Do him right and get a good actor to play him in the film and not Nicolas Cage!

Boba Fett: The movie !?

Boba_Fett_Movie.gif

They should make it where we just follow Boba as a kid, going to space school. We can see him hanging out after school, doing homework, and having a ____ head expression on his face all the time.

Back