Detolfs back in stock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maglor

Super Freak
Reaction score
I made a 4 hour round trip to buy 2 detolfs only to be told they were "recalled". The IKEA employee had no other information so I emailed IKEA directly. This is the response I received.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, the DETOLF glass door cabinet has been discontinued
and is no longer being manufactured by our suppliers. IKEA products
are not discontinued based on sales or consumer demand, but on
product availability. This process allows IKEA to open space to
introduce new products to the range. There are currently no plans to
manufacture a similat cabinet.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, and
we hope that you will continue to be a loyal and important IKEA
customer.

Best Regards,
Thirelle
IKEA Customer Care Center

:(

UPDATE

Further communication with IKEA has made it clear that the detolf cabinet will in face be in-stock in the US again soon. :)

Hello Jami,

Unfortunately, IKEA Customer Care initially received discrepant information regarding the future status of the DETOLF product range, which resulted in replies such as the one you provide. Our apologies, but we can now assure you that the DETOLF glass-door cabinets remain current in our lines and simply await restocking from our manufacturing partners.

You should have received my latest reply to your previous message already, but in any case, should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact IKEA once again.

Best Regards,
Richard

Hello ______,

Thanks for contacting IKEA.

The DETOLF product range is not being discontinued. Unfortunately,
discrepant information was initially provided internally at IKEA
regarding this product's future availability, which resulted in our
incorrect response.

The 101-192-06 DETOLF glass-door cabinet in black-brown is now
tentatively expected to restock at IKEA ___________ [my local IKEA] during the week of
August 15-21st; however, please be advised that all estimates of
availability are not absolute guarantees, as unanticipated
circumstances could impact this scenario.

We appreciate your interest in IKEA and your patience.

Best Regards,
_______

:)

UPDATE 2

I was able to get 3 detolfs at my local IKEA, and it appears that most stores are carrying them again! :rock

Last edited:
Re: Detolf Discontinued

dumb asses. l thought this would happen. last year l went to buy some from a canadian store Jysk. they said they were discontinued. l thought ikea would be also but they had lots. too bad, Detolfs are the best in my opinion. people had better go to their closest Ikea and if they still have some buy them all up.

SOB!!!!!! I knew I should have bought about 4 of them. I need like 2 more. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRARG.

This sucks! They discontinue their most popular items. They did a similar 86 to a cool bookcase better than anything that's available there today. I don't understand.

This is pretty close:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Contemporary-Cabinet-Cappuccino-Bottom/dp/B000IN9BRC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310769142&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Modern Contemporary Glass Curio Cabinet with Cappuccino Top and Bottom: Home & Garden[/ame]

Much more expensive and the dimensions aren't identical.

I have been rethinking my display options lately anyway. More and more I have felt that Detolf cabinets really limited what one could do (especially after HT EtD Bruce Lee came out.

Only if you don't mind seeing them shipped in homemade shippers and really don't mind when they arrive with broken glass. :D

Noooooooo :(

Time to hit up craigslist and see if I can find any to store for later use.

This sucks! I went last weekend and was told the same thing but I was hoping that the sales person didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Glad I ended up finding two on craigslis :D

I have been rethinking my display options lately anyway. More and more I have felt that Detolf cabinets really limited what one could do (especially after HT EtD Bruce Lee came out.

As the figures get more expensive and more elaborate, the Detolf becomes less and less of the ideal display case.

Considering the way the direction this hobby is going, there will be a new favorite display case in about a year.

As the figures get more expensive and more elaborate, the Detolf becomes less and less of the ideal display case.

Considering the way the direction this hobby is going, there will be a new favorite display case in about a year.

I dunno, just because my figures start to come with more and more crap doesn't mean I'm going to display it all...Thor's rock for instance, that thing is never coming out of the box.

I hope you're right about a new display case though!

Seriously, I'm really crushed by this. I've been wanting to replace my bookcase with 2 detolfs for over a year. Every time I would look at that bookcase I would think about it. While at work I would daydream about how I was going to arrange my figures on them.

Now the bookcase is gone and I have a space for 2 detofs... but no way to get 2 detolfs. :(

If only the closest IKEA wasn't so far away, I would have gotten them a long time ago. Now I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Seriously, I'm really crushed by this. I've been wanting to replace my bookcase with 2 detolfs for over a year. Every time I would look at that bookcase I would think about it. While at work I would daydream about how I was going to arrange my figures on them.

Now the bookcase is gone and I have a space for 2 detofs... but no way to get 2 detolfs. :(

If only the closest IKEA wasn't so far away, I would have gotten them a long time ago. Now I don't know what I'm gonna do.

You need to get a life if you're daydreaming about storage units.

Looks like I should go get more used one now.... But I heard they might come out the new one?? But I am sure the price will go up too

Back