SS Nightbreed Please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
Nightbreed-2.jpg

Why has Sidehow never attacked the license....Am I the only one who would love to see these get made....

God it has been too long since I've seen this movie... So much in that pic looks foreign to me, but I remember it being a cool movie...

My memory sucks... :monkey2

You should revisit it Josh....Its not the greates movie, but it does have some really kick ass character designs in it....

kingdarkness03 said:
You should revisit it Josh....Its not the greates movie, but it does have some really kick ass character designs in it....

Hey, that's reason enough for me!! Many movies I just barely liked when I was younger, I now watch and love... it's funny how that works out.

Man, I remember when I was a kid... the Kurgan actually freaked me out. Now I laugh everytime he comes into the scene. Funny how the villian of your youth becomes the hero of your adulthood. :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
Funny how the villian of your youth becomes the hero of your adulthood.

Hes called my dad:D .....He used to scare the **** our of me as a kid, now hes my hero!

kingdarkness03 said:
Hes called my dad:D .....He used to scare the **** our of me as a kid, now hes my hero!

Hilarious!!!

I was lucky.. my Dad was cool, just hardly there... Our only real bonding when I was a kid was watching Horror and Sci-Fi together. I really owe a lot of who I am today to him... He raised me on Jason, Freddy, Halloween, Hellraiser, Highlander, Zombie flicks, Enemy Mine, Evil Dead, and a slew of others that would take me days to fully list.

We still have a tradition of watching a sci-fi or horror flick every year on his B-day and Father's Day. He's the man... :chew

DarkArtist81 said:
Hilarious!!!

I was lucky.. my Dad was cool, just hardly there... Our only real bonding when I was a kid was watching Horror and Sci-Fi together. I really owe a lot of who I am today to him... He raised me on Jason, Freddy, Halloween, Hellraiser, Highlander, Zombie flicks, Enemy Mine, Evil Dead, and a slew of others that would take me days to fully list.

We still have a tradition of watching a sci-fi or horror flick every year on his B-day and Father's Day. He's the man... :chew

What a kick ass dad....I watch horror movies arond my pop and he think I'am some kind of freak....You should have seen the look on his face when I got my 1:1 Legend bust...it was priceless.....

Why aren't the horror threads that have new posts in them or when there is a new thread, coming up on the home page??

I love a lot of horror movies but never cared for this one.

[SIZE=-1]Clive Barker's Night Breed, I always liked this movie. A pity it has so few fans. I doubt I'll buy the merchandise, but I think I'm going after the DVD...[/SIZE]

Count me in !!!!! While the movie was so-so..the novel by Clive Barker called '' Cabal'' was excellent...And the monsters in it have such great design...I want a Narcisse and a Peloquin figure...And the killer played by David Croenenberg was awesome !!!! 12 '' Nightbreed yeah...and 12 '' Near Dark... !!!!!

I quite liked this film when I was young.

I haven't seen it in a long time but I liked the fat creature with his head in his belly and his arms up high! :monkey5

I've heard the film was cut/edited and wasn't show as Barker wanted. I've got my fingers crossed for a Directors Cut DVD! :monkey1

Ooh, I'd love a masked killer figure! :chew

Ooh, and the guy who cut most of his face off!!!! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :monkey3

PsychoCenobite said:
I've heard the film was cut/edited and wasn't show as Barker wanted. I've got my fingers crossed for a Directors Cut DVD! :monkey1

yeah i hate when i hear this stuff about some movies. they are just so-so, but then you hear that it was edited differently from what the director wanted, and then you wonder why?? im gonna try to get nightbreed at blockbuster this weekend and re-watch it.

Director Clive Barker was reportedly required to cut the film down to 101 minutes from the original 126 minute cut by distributor 20th Century Fox. They felt that this cut was too long and rather too explicit for an R-rated release. Also, Barker shot additional scenes with David Cronenberg's Decker character to flesh out his mentality. The excised footage consisted of some very graphic gore during the climax, disturbing images in the monsters' lair and quite a bit of "unnecessary" character development. There were also some strange sexual themes between the monsters and Boone that wound up on the cutting room floor.

A scene filmed in stop-motion animation, but deleted from the film, has a leopard woman riding a dinosaur-like creature through Median.

Writer/Director Clive Barker is reportedly preparing a restored "Director's Cut" of the film for DVD release.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Ive read the same thing Psycho. Hopefully a directors cut is on the horizon.

and a SS ButtonFace to mark the event. :monkey1

occulum said:
Ive read the same thing Psycho. Hopefully a directors cut is on the horizon.

and a SS ButtonFace to mark the event. :monkey1

I've got my fingers crossed for a Directors Cut but I've seen that news on IMDB for a few years now and no update.

Well I dreams were answered with the Workprint Cut of 'Alien3' a few years back. Now were're getting Superman 2. So I'm hoping we might see the original cut of Nightbreed!

I remember having the comic of Nightbreed as well. I think it was in a comic called Hellblaser?!

One issue came with a nice painting of Button Face... I think you can find it on Google images.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

I liked the book and movie... but its been years since I had either. They would definitely be cool figures, but my guess (like Dead/Alive) is that NECA would me most likely to pick them up or (shudder) MacFarlane. These could be a cool addition if Sideshow would take 'em on.

Back