Mad Max:Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fox News
And you thought you’d seen the last of the V8 Interceptors.
Everyone’s favorite post-apocalyptic renegade police officer, Mad Max, is set to return to the silver screen just in time for the real-world apocalypse that’s rumored to arrive in 2012. Mel Gibson won’t be reprising his role this time around – instead, he’ll be played by up and coming British hunk Tom Hardy - but that’s ok because, for many fans, Mel wasn’t the star of the original films, anyway.
Instead, it was the heavily modified 1973 XB Ford Falcon GT coupe that Max drove in the first two films in the series, “Mad Max,” and “Mad Max: The Road Warrior.” The high-performance Pursuit Special based on a homegrown Australian muscle car that was once Down Under’s answer to the Mustang.
To celebrate the reboot of the film franchise, Ford and TopGear Australia magazine have unveiled a pair of design proposals and are asking Aussie fans to vote for their favorite, in hopes one of them will be used in the new movie, “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
Far more futuristic than the original, neither is based on an existing car, but both come packing plenty of high-tech highway battle equipment, including tazers to take down motorcycle riding bad guys, spiked wheels to tear the tires of attacking vehicles and titanium body panels to shield the car from police scanners…uh, isn’t Max supposed to be the cop?
One of the designs even puts the driver's seat in the center of the vehicle, perfect for a loner.
Unlike the cars, details on the film are still mostly under wraps, but it is believed to be a sequel that takes place just three years after Tina Turner's character left Max to wander the desert alone at the end of 1985’s “Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.”
By the looks of these cars, things have gotten a lot better for him in those three years.

Not sure how I feel about the designs. Of the two, I favor the second one (the Ford), but my immediate thought was the same as in the text above - waaaay too futuristic! Right now I can't picture THAT in a post-apocalyptic world where gas and food is a commodity.

These pics were released about a year ago I think. They show bits and pieces of vehicles which will be in the new movie. At least that's what it said back then:

0489246.jpg

8f2dd10.jpg

a15ef38.jpg

880d5dc.jpg

As you can see, they don't show much, but it certainly looks a lot more like the Mad Max style we know, than those futuristic cars.

I also seem to remember the director saying in an interview, that the original Interceptor would be back.

This franchises is one of dearest to my childhood. It's a shame what is being done to it.

No way that car is post apoc. If they are doing pre-war I can see it maybe (as mad max was pre-apoc). But even then it's not gritty enough I don't think.

I know, right!? :rock :lol

I also found this video from early on in production of the film:

YouTube - ‪Mad Max director on cars and stars‬‏

It's the director talking about the car and some other stuff.

As long as those are the type of vehicles in it, I'm fine. The vehicles are very important to Mad Max films. They are their weapons.

But those in the original post are just way too futuristic for a crippled global society on the brink on nuclear war with biker gangs taking over the highways.

yea, unless they beat the hell out of those cars and give them a post apocalyptic used look this movie could wind up as an expensive car commercial.............:monkey4

Is this a reboot or a sequel??

Who the hell makes a sequel to a 20 year old movie with none of the same actors in today's film world. Do most people even know what Mad Max is, hell even I have only seen the first 2. There just begging for a bomb.

Kinda don't want to. :lol

Here are some vids of the vehicles. At least we have those to look foward too!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSY8Emh7Ms[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhYf-SM5SA[/ame]

Back