Family Guy playset/wave 1 reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hope everyone celebrating the 4th of July had a nice long weekend - I know I did. But it's time to get back to the grindstone...tonight I'm checking out the first playset and a couple wave 1 figures from the new Family Guy line by Playmates. They're looking to make magic once again with the 'interactive playset' concept, but they did learn a few lessons from the last time around. I'm checking out the wave 1 Peter and Stewie, as well as the Living Room set with Lois. I have the rest of the wave here as well for another review sometime next week.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

defiantly going to keep a look out for these figures. it would be awesome if they made some star wars family guy figures. that would be amazing

Hopefully this will ignite some excitement in the old Simpsons sets so I can finally unload them.

I've chatted with Playmates about that, impressing on them just how much fans would love the Star Wars figures. They feel the licensing would be too difficult, but I don't agree - if Funko could make it happen with bobble heads, I don't see why they couldn't make it happen with figures. I'm plan to chat with Sansweet at SDCC to see what is possible.

Great review, Michael! Thanks for posting!

They should have released the SW versions with the "It's A Trap" blu-ray release, but I still think they have an opportunity to release something in time for CVI next year.

Not that I have any great interest in owning Family Guy figures either way, but I think I prefer the sculpts in the older series over this Playmates one. These seem too short and chubby.

Had no idea these were being made... very cool. I think I'll pick up a set of the family and living room to go with the Simpsons ones. Kind of crazy though to see Playmates revisiting this style of figure/set so many years after WOS ended.

Back