Captain America DVD info...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As crappy as the 1990 version was, at least they didn't puss out and their Red Skull was actually a Nazi.

And a happy one, too:

20089d1309464786-captain-america-1990-dvd-captainamerica_stills_3.jpg

As crappy as the 1990 version was, at least they didn't puss out and their Red Skull was actually a Nazi.

He's a Nazi in the new movie. In the latest trailer Tommy Lee Jones says point blank that HYDRA is comprised of Nazi scientists. I think they just wanted to get away from putting swastikas on kid's toys.

Last edited:
He's a Nazi in the new movie. In the latest trailer Tommy Lee Jones says point blank that HYDRA is comprised of Nazi scientists. I think they just wanted to get away from putting swastikas on kid's toys.

Silly semantics. They can drop the term "Nazi" here and there in the flick all they want but the fact remains they completely shied away from actually showing any. Instead, we'll get overdone uniforms with octopus logos and soldiers that look right out of Stephen Sommers' G.I. JOE. Yippie.

And the toy excuse is lame, too. The INDY films have had notable Nazi characters with kids toys that are suitably altered from showing swastikas and stuff. Same with other WWII toys.

The fact of the matter is that Joe Johnston & Marvel lack balls here. When you're afraid to make your VILLAINS Nazis I'm surprised you have enough cajones to roll out of bed in the morning.

Back