Sideshow distributing Attakus?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iansilv

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just saw in a sideshow email that Sideshow is selling the Commander Cody statue by Attakus?? If so- cool! I hope Sideshow takes over getting their products here...

what do you guys think of the attakus stormtrooper and darth vader that just showed up on SS website? I am really not that impressed by the closeup shots.

I was surprised to see that Sideshow is apparently distributing Attakus stuff. There's nothing in their current lineup that I really like, but their Jabba's Palace stuff is great. However, they were originally way overpriced. Every Attakus piece I've gotten has been at least 50% off.

just like bowen and koto, you can get attakus for much less elsewhere. I'm not sure why anyone would want to order any of these (aside from maybe the bowen exclusives) from them.

Are they of poor(er) quality?

I must say that the photos don't impress me that much. Don't know what it is... Maybe I'm just biased by my SS Clone.

Attakus statue are cool, especially the armored troopers and Vader - I mean the 1:5 scale ones. I didn't collect them though, some are getting insanely pricey for what they are really. I have some very small Attakus metal figures which are nice as well. Not sure about the ones here though...

Are they of poor(er) quality?

I must say that the photos don't impress me that much. Don't know what it is... Maybe I'm just biased by my SS Clone.

I would say thier no more poorer quality than Sideshow's statues. You just have these fan boys that like to get there panties in a wad when any other company comes out with something that competes with their brand.

Attakus has some great Statues. The scale is 1/5, which is fine if you just plan on owning one, and it is fine as a stand alone piece as well. If you plan on collecting more of them, all the better! But like JKNO said, they're expensive. I think they have the Probe Droid coming out again soon, as well as a rumored Boba and more clones on the way.

I definitely plan on getting Boba and a Clone or two.

i have always wanted the boba and jango attakus. i have always loved the xwing luke attakus also but the face sculpt is horrible. some day

i have always wanted the boba and jango attakus. i have always loved the xwing luke attakus also but the face sculpt is horrible. some day

Attakus Boba has a very weird pose, like shooting for birds. Similar is the Attakus dancing Sandtrooper...

the probe droid has already been released and is fantastic!

attakus is actually of superior quality than SS, in terms of paint application and qc.

I don't collect this new "elite" (smaller) line, but look very forward to owning both 1/5 scale codys.

What about han in carbonite? i bought this a couple of months ago off evil bay,its excellent in hand and goes well with the 12" line

The Attakus Probe Droid is awesome indeed, but still would like to see one that arrived perfectly and undamaged to the customer. :( I passed on it twice already exactly because of its fragility

Attakus is cool but, as a collector of Boba I am, I have to say that the pose is bad , in fact is the only piece that does not buy it yet...

Back