THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
I'm a little bummed that Branagh isn't attached to return. 2013 looks like it'll be another big Superhero year with Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Superman: Man of Steel all set for that year.

Chris Hemsworth will reprise his role as Marvel's Mighty Avenger for the third time in the same summer as Robert Downey Jr returns for another solo Iron Man film.

Marvel Studios' next film scheduled to hit theaters, Captain America, will be the last to be distributed under the Paramount Pictures banner. Beginning with next summer's ensemble superhero film The Avengers, the young studios' properties will be under the tutelage of Walt Disney Pictures.

Now it's been revealed that the summer of 2013 will not only feature Robert Downey Jr's return as Tony Stark for Iron Man 3, but the recently greenlit Thor sequel as well. Chris Hemsworth will reprise the larger than life character, but director Kenneth Branagh -- who garnered much praise for his dedication to the first film -- is not attached to return.

Marvel recently signed Shane Black, who made a name for himself in the 1980s and 90s with The Monster Squad, Last Action Hero and four Lethal Weapon films, to helm Iron Man 3 after director Jon Favreau left the project. Black, who has worked with Robert Downey Jr. before in the crime-comedy Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang, is working in close association with screenwriter Drew Pearce to produce an original script. Don Cheadle, who portrayed LTC James Rhodes/War Machine in Iron Man 2, will also return for the third film which is scheduled for release on May 3, 2013.

There's no word yet whether other members of the first Thor film's cast, including Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Jaimie Alexander, Stellan Sarsgard, Kat Dennings, Idris Elba, Samuel L. Jackson, Clark Gregg and Ray Stevenson, will be returning for Thor 2.

Re: THOR: The sequel

Very glad its being greenlit and getting things moving. Also glad it will come out the same summer as Iron Man 3. Hopefully Branagh gets brought back as he did great with this movie.

Is there a possibility Branagh will return or has he said he won't do it?

I think Branagh was one of the reasons that Thor worked. He was able to balance the tone of the film quite well.

I totally agree. Thor was a real surprise for me. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Gonna miss Branagh's dutch angles....

Branagh did do a good job. Hope they bring back Portman, she had good chemistry with Hemsworth.

Very glad its being greenlit and getting things moving. Also glad it will come out the same summer as Iron Man 3. Hopefully Branagh gets brought back as he did great with this movie.

:exactly: :pray:

I really hope so too! He did an absolutely awesome job! It was so easy to make this a cheesy film, but he managed to give us an awesome film!
I really hope the sequel will be of the same level as the first one!

I wonder how they'll spin off from The Avengers. That'll be the hardest part. Breaking everyone up for their individual movies.

I wonder how they'll spin off from The Avengers. That'll be the hardest part. Breaking everyone up for their individual movies.

:lecture

I was just wondering the other day if Iron Man was going to be the only Avenger with a stand-alone sequel (Hulk doesn't count). I was only expecting Avengers sequels. I don't see how they can break the Avengers up for individual movies after they've brought them all together.

Unless they're 'prequels' to the Avengers yet still sequels to their respective Solo-flicks?

Like they've been saying that Cap shouldn't really be a problem since they can just tell more WWII stories since, obviously he'd have gone on more missions than what we'll be shown in C.A:First Avenger.

:exactly: :pray:

I really hope so too! He did an absolutely awesome job! It was so easy to make this a cheesy film, but he managed to give us an awesome film!
I really hope the sequel will be of the same level as the first one!

I hope so too. This to me is still the best movie of the summer and for me a one of my favorite films in general.

:lecture

I was just wondering the other day if Iron Man was going to be the only Avenger with a stand-alone sequel (Hulk doesn't count). I was only expecting Avengers sequels. I don't see how they can break the Avengers up for individual movies after they've brought them all together.

Oh, I'm sure they'll all go off and do their own things just like they do in the comics.

Doing individual movies will be pretty easy, just like they all have their own adventures in the comics. Not all enemies take a whole team.

I'm more curious to see what happens with Thor coming back to earth, but not dropping in on Jane Foster. Actually, I wonder how they're bringing him back to Earth period. I wouldn't mind Thor II dealing with that and being set between Thor and Avengers. The average movie fan probably wouldn't like it though.

Cool. I didn't see this coming. I thought Thor was going to be a 1 shot with the rest of his film appearances saved for Avengers films. Glad that isn't the case. I'd love to see him kick more butt now that they have the lost-powers film done. Hopefully everyone from the first will be back (with the possible exception of Loki).

And I don't see a problem with the Avengers members having solo films after the Avengers movie. Like mentioned above, all of the superheros still have their own tales in the comics even though they are still apart of the Avengers. Just smaller threats. Hopefully they realize this. HUGE world wide threat = Avengers Assemble. Small, 1 bad guy problems = solo movie, with possible cameos from fellow Avengers.

Cool. I didn't see this coming. I thought Thor was going to be a 1 shot with the rest of his film appearances saved for Avengers films. Glad that isn't the case. I'd love to see him kick more butt now that they have the lost-powers film done. Hopefully everyone from the first will be back (with the possible exception of Loki).

And I don't see a problem with the Avengers members having solo films after the Avengers movie. Like mentioned above, all of the superheros still have their own tales in the comics even though they are still apart of the Avengers. Just smaller threats. Hopefully they realize this. HUGE world wide threat = Avengers Assemble. Small, 1 bad guy problems = solo movie, with possible cameos from fellow Avengers.

:lol :lol :lol

I'm really hoping for cameos. Not just of the other big heroes, but some smaller ones that may not have their own movie...yet. Hawkeye in Thor was a great cameo.

Back