Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
anyone here read any of the story yet?? ive decided to get back into the comics scene and at a visit at my local comic shop the guy working there told me this is the story to start with. today i bought the amazing spiderman #529-532, Front Line #1, Wolverine 42, and Civil War #1. the guy was extremely excited when talking about it and its getting my hopes up so i just wanted to know what some of your thoughts on this were.

civilwar.gif

Actually, I heard the whole Cvil war story and angle are quite good...could someone care to resume what has happened since issue # 1 :confused: :confused:

ill let you guys know tomorrow im gonna read them all tonight. the 2 issues come out soon so hopefully this saga will bring me back into the game.

Fueled by the massacre of 600+ civilians during the taping of a reality TV show starring the New Wariors the Government of the United States pushes through a legislative act forcing all superpowered people to "register" with the Government thus revealing their identities and powers and becoming glorified civil servants accountable for their actions.

This tears the Super Community into two sides, thus the Civil War. Those who don't register become outlaws and those that do are expected to hunt down those that do not. Etc.

So far the lead in has been very interesting reading. I recommend it to all.

moebius9 said:
Fueled by the massacre of 600+ civilians during the taping of a reality TV show starring the New Wariors the Government of the United States pushes through a legislative act forcing all superpowered people to "register" with the Government thus revealing their identities and powers and becoming glorified civil servants accountable for their actions.

This tears the Super Community into two sides, thus the Civil War. Those who don't register become outlaws and those that do are expected to hunt down those that do not. Etc.

So far the lead in has been very interesting reading. I recommend it to all.

That sounds cool....I've been out of the comic scene for a few years now..I think the last time is was around was back in the days Wolverine still had his bone claws...damn that was along time ago..

No trades yet Dave, it's just begun it's year long run. I've been picking up all the Civil War titles so far. I thought House of M was kind of a dissapointment, but I really think Civil War is gonna be good. The New Avengers issue comes out this week, you might want to pick it up too.

Last edited:
Damn, I hate these waits for trades. I'm really curious about the new Crisis and 52 at DC - but damned if they're going to drag me to a comic shop once a week. I waited on House of M (yeah, a disappointment), guess I'll have to wait on these too.

well, after reading the first 7 books of this line so far---YES!! this is gonna rock. im gonna go later this week and tell the comic shop to reserve every issue in this storyline for me. i hate to spoil things, but Captain America goes against the government??? this is gonna be serious

hairlesswookiee said:
well, after reading the first 7 books of this line so far---YES!! this is gonna rock. im gonna go later this week and tell the comic shop to reserve every issue in this storyline for me. i hate to spoil things, but Captain America goes against the government??? this is gonna be serious

oh you killed it for me man!!! i was going to pick it up on Monday!!! ......:rotfl

Any recommendation on new comics? I just checked out the Transformers vs GI Joe line and :angrycanu ...

Great lead in Civil War #1, and the cool factor is the guys you would think would be for regsitration are not and vice versa...#1 really showed why Cap. America is da Man!

Yeah issue #1 was great. I've read all of the Civil War stories so far and the only one I've really not enjoyed has been She-Hulk, although I never really liked the character in the first place.

Azog said:
Great lead in Civil War #1, and the cool factor is the guys you would think would be for regsitration are not and vice versa...#1 really showed why Cap. America is da Man!

yeah i loved that!!! cap america is such a B.A.!!! wolverine looks so different from what i remember him as a kid.

Hightreker said:
Yeah issue #1 was great. I've read all of the Civil War stories so far and the only one I've really not enjoyed has been She-Hulk, although I never really liked the character in the first place.

im gonna go get she-hulk anyways, i want to read every comic that has tie-ins to the story so i know whats going on with it. i never liked she-hulk, spider-woman, or any of the other female heroes that are basically rip-offs of the male counterparts.

Hightreker said:
Yeah I felt the same way about the female counterparts, but I'll pick all of them up too. Oh and Carbo, here's a whole checklist, I would do it myself, but there's alot of em.

https://www.marvel.com/news/-1.318

thanks, i dont fee like typing all that up either. monday im gonna run up to the comic shop and reserve all the title mentioned in the list.

Back