Gentle Giant - ESB Vader Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kicksplode

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Gentle Giant is tackling Vader yet again.

yhst-51568362379717_2163_499000402.jpg

This amazing statue was pulled from the screen of Empire Strikes Back. Darth Vader stands perched upon the glowing orange lights of the Cloud City freezing chamber.

This 1:6 scale statue is sculpted with Lucasfilm provided reference materials and digital scans of film accurate armor and accessories.
The film inspired stair case illuminates with a warm orange glow and Vader is presented with cape draped back and lightsaber drawn.
Made of durable, hard cast materials, this Vader statue is a limited edition that comes boxed with a hand numbered certificate of authenticity.

I'm not too impressed, personally. The pose is pretty dull, and aside from the display base it doesn't seem that different from their original Vader statue.

Easy pass. GG's done this character and the same pose for that matter several times now. The sculpt is WAY off as well. Neat idea, but they should have chose another character.

Don't know what GG was thinking when they sculpted that Vader. :horror
It looks terrible. That's for sure an easy pass.

In my opinion the kneeling Vader is till now the best Vader Statue from Gentle Giant.

It wouldn't been bad if there weren't so many better Lord Vader poses to do first. But there are so this pose is bad.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFqlf-HXNbw"]YouTube - ‪Disco Dave Vader‬‏[/ame]

Not liking this statue at all. Easy pass for me....and I'm the biggest Vader fanatic you will ever find.

I"ve said this b4 n I'll say it again -- with all the scanning technology, you think they'd do better than a company that put out a confectionary toy that makes a better OT bust than this does -- and THAT one was ROTS - a 2 inch tall bust that is a spitting image of ROTS Vader - scanned.

The Cinemaquette helmet was scanned and it looks just like the OT Vader helmet...

This helmet is almost exactly the same as the original statue, bust, etc virtually no improvement -- except now they aren't using nails for his sensor billets like they did for the statue and the ROTS bust.

Back