Statue Gentle Giant Savage Oppress Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Waller

Are you on the square?
Reaction score
Announced on their Facebook page.

246866_10150213711687695_171646362694_7431858_1933003_n.jpg

248316_10150213711612695_171646362694_7431855_6761788_n.jpg

260033_10150213711662695_171646362694_7431856_6079521_n.jpg

That's pretty cool. If I collected GG statues, it would be one I would grab.

Looks kind of weak compared to the on-screen version... not to mention being a fairly dumb/rehashed character choice.

I like the two GG statues I have so far (Dooku/Ventress and Kneeling Vader), so I'll consider this one. The pose is a little bland, though. And my main worry is that it'll be too small like the Shae Vizla maquette was. How large have their other Clone Wars statues been?

Looks good. GG isn't anyone I'll be buying from so I'll wait for SS but I love the look and being a Darth Maul fan I'll grab this.

For the most part I'm done with GG. This piece doesn't interest me in the slightest bit.

Greatest character in years. Very weak statue. Savage was the ultimate badass and he looks like a scared wimp here.

Love the character and love the statue. Preordered this baby last week I think it looks fantastic. I honestly think Savage is more interesting than Maul ever was, but since he's the second zabrak and Maul was the first (that mattered atleast) not many people will agree with me. But my microwave has more personality than Darth Maul had. And very few SW characters are any better. I find it ironic that for as many people that complain of new characters that are "rehashed" or created to sell toys, that everyone seems to think that the SW universe is this great collection of layered, inspired characters ad the truth is there really isn't. For all the popular series, SW has one of the least amounts of characters that are actually interesting. Most of them are popular because they look frickin awesome or are powerful. Sure, they have a few characters that actually have substance, but we aren't exactly dealing with Christopher Nolan type of characterization in this series. Atleast Savage is a tragic character, a man fighting for honor and family, but forced to be a slave to characters who are just plain evil. I think the fact that he is even related to Maul is the lamest thing about him actually, because he's very unlike him.

And all the characters that start off cool are drawn out long enough or put through the meatgrinder in humiliating ways anyway. But yeah this statue is the business!

Last edited:
Na, there are much better and more important characters to cover!

Sshhhhhhhh.

Greatest character in years. Very weak statue. Savage was the ultimate badass and he looks like a scared wimp here.

:exactly:

Looks good. GG isn't anyone I'll be buying from so I'll wait for SS but I love the look and being a Darth Maul fan I'll grab this.

:goodpost:

Alright Sideshow, time to show us yours! :lecture:lecture:lecture

Oh gimme a Hell Yeah, i'd love a Savage PF next to my Cyborg Darth Maul

Love the character and love the statue. Preordered this baby last week I think it looks fantastic. I honestly think Savage is more interesting than Maul ever was, but since he's the second zabrak and Maul was the first (that mattered atleast) not many people will agree with me. But my microwave has more personality than Darth Maul had. And very few SW characters are any better. I find it ironic that for as many people that complain of new characters that are "rehashed" or created to sell toys, that everyone seems to think that the SW universe is this great collection of layered, inspired characters ad the truth is there really isn't. For all the popular series, SW has one of the least amounts of characters that are actually interesting. Most of them are popular because they look frickin awesome or are powerful. Sure, they have a few characters that actually have substance, but we aren't exactly dealing with Christopher Nolan type of characterization in this series. Atleast Savage is a tragic character, a man fighting for honor and family, but forced to be a slave to characters who are just plain evil. I think the fact that he is even related to Maul is the lamest thing about him actually, because he's very unlike him.

And all the characters that start off cool are drawn out long enough or put through the meatgrinder in humiliating ways anyway. But yeah this statue is the business!
Maul was never meant to have a personality really, or be talkative..etc.

He was just a weapon. No regret, no love, no emotion. An empty vessel that had been filled with Sith rage.

There are books and comics about Maul, though.

I would have liked to see more out of this one. More anger. More power. Something missing her. Almost feels like a museum pose. I think they missed the chance to capitalize on this characters main traits and popularity.

Back