Should I pony up $500 for PF Vader or wait?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzybean

Super Freak
Reaction score
How much better do you think a new PF Vader will look compared to the one released a few years ago? Any of you that own the original, are you looking for SS to produce another version whether it be ESB or ROTJ to replace the PF Vader you already own? Do you think a bunch of collectors will dump their first Vader when another is released lowering the secondary cost of the original?

Not sure whether I should pick the first one up now or wait...

BB

I don't like the existing Vader PF, so. . .I would wait (and am waiting). But, there's no guarantees that any potential Vader will actually be better. Sideshow is hit-or-miss with their choices regarding poses, bases, artistic interpretations, etc. Then, who knows what QC will be like? On top of that, who even knows for sure that a future Vader PF will be made? Lots of questions. If you really want a Vader PF, you may want to go ahead and buy the existing one. Enjoy it. Sell it later if you must.

Does the $500 include shipping and is it an EX or regular version? I picked the EX up off eBay for $430 shipped just this week. I only bought it because I considered it an excellent price. If you can wait it out I would suggest waiting to see what the new one will bring unless you can find a better price on the old one. I did see a regular version going for $320 I think on eBay.

I would wait until you see if you like the new one first. You never know it might be extremely awesome but then again there is a chance it could look like garbage or have a pose that you personally do not like. Now I own the current Vader PF and it's cool but I guarantee you will find another one around the same price two years from now or even cheaper which is fortunate for the buyer and unfortunate for the seller since Star Wars PF's don't sky rocket in price like the Marvel PF's.

I don't like the existing Vader PF, so. . .I would wait (and am waiting). But, there's no guarantees that any potential Vader will actually be better. Sideshow is hit-or-miss with their choices regarding poses, bases, artistic interpretations, etc. Then, who knows what QC will be like? On top of that, who even knows for sure that a future Vader PF will be made? Lots of questions. If you really want a Vader PF, you may want to go ahead and buy the existing one. Enjoy it. Sell it later if you must.

Why don't you like the existing Vader?

BB

^^I personally think the existing piece is great but I'm sure the list of flaws will come out with the opinion of a Vader enthusiast. Jkno will have to chime in on this one. He seems to know more on this subject than I do. Imperials are his specialty.

The recent Vader is good for posing with Obi-Wan, but if you don't have Obi, I would just wait it out.

During a recent Q&A they all but confirmed that another Vader PF will be previewed soon. I'm holding out until SDCC this year to see if another Vader is coming and if not I might bite for the older Vader...

Back