general grievous- "ear" problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iansilv

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anyone else get this- I recieved my grious, and his "ears" (those things on the side of his head) are not lined up properly- the bottom of the one on the right is noticebaly higher than the one on the left. Has anyone else seen this? Is this the way the character was created, or do I have a bad one? Thank you.

OK- here is a picture. Itook it with my cell phone camera. It was a pain, but what I did was shoot it dead on to the left "ear" (1.), and you can see the right sticking out to the side and up(2.)

Hurts......... to............much..............eyes............watering............

Jesse

PS Yea it's a little blurry.

I really like it when Melvin posts right after Jesse.... so much fun movement all in my field of vision... :D

The quality of that shot really shows how much of a gimmick camera phones are.

anyway,...ear, hip, part of the leg,....what else could go wrong with this fine statue? :maul

pixletwin said:
:banana :bunnydanc :monkey5 :naughty

Who is that girl in your avatar Jesseawilson?
Heh! Forget about Jesse's avatar! There's two new girls in town! (Sorry about that Jesse!) Check out Melvin's girls!! Where did you find them Melvin??

Where was I? Ow, GG's ears... . Well, due to the pix quality it's hard to tell what exactly is wrong with your GG, iansilv, but, the ears on my GG are fine. Since all GG's are assembled and painted by hand, I would think it's natural that there are some aberrations between the 4,000 existing copy's. But, if the flaw is that inconvenient (after all, it's his head, not his shoulder, if you get me), I'd contact SSC about it. You've payed $450 for it after all (you got it straight from SSC, didn't ya?).

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Heh! Forget about Jesse's avatar! There's two new girls in town! (Sorry about that Jesse!) Check out Melvin's girls!! Where did you find them Melvin??

Is that Saori Yamamoto on the right Melvin? Looks kinda like her...

Anyway, that sucks about the Greivous. :monkey2 I know if I paid that much for a collectible I'd want it to be perfect. :emperor

pfronz said:
Is that Saori Yamamoto on the right Melvin? Looks kinda like her...

Anyway, that sucks about the Greivous. :monkey2 I know if I paid that much for a collectible I'd want it to be perfect. :emperor

Welcome to the boards, and I'm glad that mine is perfect. I love him and I hope my girlfriend never makes me choose between her and my collection.:eek:

Yes, Welcome Pfronz!

Loki, good to know that your GG also is in good shape! Only problem I have with mine, is that I don't have room to put it! He's going back into the box...

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yes, Welcome Pfronz!

Loki, good to know that your GG also is in good shape! Only problem I have with mine, is that I don't have room to put it! He's going back into the box...

Thanks!!

I have the opposite problem... plenty of room but no $$ :monkey2

*%$@ tuition...

The right ear (fin) should be a little higher on the right ear just like in the movie, cartoon, and Visual Dictionary. :)

IIRC, they can move independently also.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys- you all gave me things to think about... all of you:monkey5

I am going ot talk to sideshow aboutthis- i already left a msg. I would prefer to just ship back the one head/torso piece, but I do not know if that is possible. Does anyone know, Or do I have to ship the whole thing?

Back