The best quality dinosaur figures ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
My little cousin is after some quality dino figures and I know a few guys on here collect dinosaur stuff so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right directon. Ebay seems to be only coming up with really cheap looking stuff and whilst I don't want to pay a high price they're just not up to scratch.
I need some realistic looking figures for a decent price basically. Any help would be much appreciated. :D

As far as figures go, the Papo dinosaur line is pretty sweet. I don't have any, but back when I was in my dino phase, I always wanted one. They're pretty affordable and look more than a little Jurassic Park-ish (just more collectible).

The prototype pictures look gorgeous...
t_rex_papo_2.jpg

41-mpUxYh6L.jpg

triceratops_3.jpg

...but even the final products are nice (T-Rex on the left might have been repainted). These aren't my pics, FYI.
trexdinnerrs4.jpg

collectible-23447.jpg

There are plenty more to choose from, like two different Velociraptors, Pachyrhinosaurus, Styracosaurus, Oviraptor, Plesiosaurus, Spinosaurus, Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Pachycephalosaurus, etc. They are about 6-7" tall and go for anywhere from under $10 to $30. The carnivores seem to have articulated jaws, but that's all the poseability you're going to get. Still look great on display, I'd imagine.

@Elder_Predator2: They're so damn cheap on feeBay, I'm actually thinking of getting some myself. Then my parents would go ballistic at the thought of me regressing back to the dino phase. Ach, too much stuff on my collectible plate this summer.

Although making a diorama would be cool... ARGH! What am I saying? :banghead

Oh! Another great line is the one by Resaurus (the now-defunct company who made the Quake II, Duke Nukem, and 1998 American Godzilla figures). I used to have the Tyrannosaurus from them and he was great. Not quite as detailed in terms of paint apps, but amazing sculpts and more poseability than you could ever imagine on a dinosaur figure. The neck, torso, legs, tail... amazing stuff. Pity those figures are a total pain in the ass to find nowadays.

Here is my Papo Raptor. I touched up the paint on the claws and added a TINY bit of paint on the lower jaw but what you see is pretty much what you get. I believe Papo is now rereleasing a few of the more successful dinosaurs with a different paintjob now so they shouldn't be too hard to find.

raptor01.jpg

My little cousin is after some quality dino figures and I know a few guys on here collect dinosaur stuff so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right directon. Ebay seems to be only coming up with really cheap looking stuff and whilst I don't want to pay a high price they're just not up to scratch.
I need some realistic looking figures for a decent price basically. Any help would be much appreciated. :D

You could try getting this.
Look uber cool if you aske me.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqR8vDLp_9w&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Giant Robot Dinosaurs from Japan‬‏[/ame]

The only Papo dino I have is the T-Rex. Which I must say is indeed a nice low priced figure with good quality detail and paint.

TRex1.jpg

TRex_OpenMouth.jpg

Back