How many suited Vader's do you plan on buying?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this has come up before but I haven't seen this discussed since I've been here. :)

I'd like to only get ESB Vader but it will be extremely difficult to just not buy Vader if a version from ROTS, ANH, or ROTJ is announced first. I just think it would look cooler in a display case to have the ONE representation of suited Vader to draw your eyes to the character. Having four of him seems like it would be kind of strange.

I'll buy 1. I don't really care which one the come out with either, but I would like ESB or ROTJ if I had to choose, but would be happy with any. I do not plan to buy each version if they do one for each movie.

I will definately get ROTS and ROTJ Vader... Other than that I will get ANH and ESB more for whatever he comes with than the figure itself. But I will prolly end up with every version.:D

I'll say 1 preferably from ROTJ,but knowing me I'd probably end up getting the other OT versions as well. The only one I don't want is ROTS Vader. Too many bad memories of mini Vader and the godawful "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" scene :D

My plan is to only buy one OT Vader (Don't really care about the ROTS version), with a preference towards the ROTJ. For me I'm looking at getting the final versions of characters, and while I think ESB is a bit cooler, I need the full reveal head or I'll never feel right :monkey1

Well Vader was seen with his helmet off in ESB as well....

But having the "final" outfits for each character is a really cool system to have. I'd be tempted to do it as well but the ESB versions are just too cool and too representative of the best film of the OT. And for "iconic" status, nothing tops the outfits of Luke, Leia, and Han in ANH. Can't miss those.

Same with the PT. No way I could skip out on Padawan Kenobi or Geonosis Padme to just focus on ROTS.

That's what's nice about the IKEA detolf display cases. You can display a nice range of characters in a case but they're easy to compartmentalize on each individual shelf so you can have ANH Han, Luke, and Leia on one shelf; Bespin Luke, Yoda, and R2, on another; Jedi Luke, Vader, and Palpatine on another and so on.

I can say now that I will probably only get one Vader as well, but when the time comes I am sure I will get them all... they have sucked me in.

I know that many collectors can pick apart the different Vader
incarnations right down to shoe size and circuit boards used, :rolleyes:
but I've never paid THAT close attention to the differences
so I don't care as much about having a Vader from each film.

Whatever Vader that looks good will do for me, in whatever format
it be in - 1/4 scale PF, Polystone, 12" Figure, or Porcelain (Attakus)

Having said that, OT is the only way to go in my humble opinion.

JS :vader :vader :vader :vader :vader :vader :vader :vader :vader

i hope they only produce ONE version of vader. seriously, i dont think there is enough of a difference in the movies to warrant sideshow to produce a version for each one. if need be maybe one from the OT and one from ROTS.

I think it would make sense for Sideshow to make all the Vaders. They look pretty much the same and it would be nice for future collectors to have multiple shots at the most iconic villain of the saga.

I would have only one version....the one where he kneels down and says "What is thy bidding, my master?" Only the ESB version for me....

If they offer the ROTJ Vader, I hope they have an alternative reveal head as an exclusive like the one Hasblow did for the Unleashed Darth Vader.

I figure that Sideshow will produce just one version of the suited Vader. We all saw how their PF Vader got raked through the coals regarding detailing and helmet shape. I don't think Sideshow would want to go through that again with "four" different 12" versions... :monkey5

FlyAndFight said:
I figure that Sideshow will produce just one version of the suited Vader. We all saw how their PF Vader got raked through the coals regarding detailing and helmet shape. I don't think Sideshow would want to go through that again with "four" different 12" versions... :monkey5

I agree. They have already done ANH Vader with the PF line. Hence, for the 12" it would either be ESB, ROTJ or ROTS Vader. I suspect they would lean more towards the OT versions. Those versions are more iconic compared to the newer ROTS Vader.

Nope, However many they make of a suited Vader I'll buy. ANH, ESB, ROTJ, ROTS I'll buy one from each.

FlyAndFight said:

can you give me a link to the PF review please? and with concerns to the multiple versions of 12" vader--- can we say Master Replicas??? sorry, but i dont want a different version for each movie. maybe the exclusive could be an usmasked head???

hairlesswookiee said:
can you give me a link to the PF review please? and with concerns to the multiple versions of 12" vader--- can we say Master Replicas??? sorry, but i dont want a different version for each movie. maybe the exclusive could be an usmasked head???

You would have to scroll down in the Star Wars section of the forum to some time prior to the actual release of the Vader PF. There were a ton of threads regarding the helmet shape. There were pics of the actual helmet worn in the films compared to the Sideshow one. It was a hot topic, needless to say.

Back