BILLY Cabinet Display/Shelving Units...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad guys. I didn't read through the entire "How to display your collectibles" section. I guess there were other Billy Threads already created. Can one of the mods kindly merge or delete this thread? Sorry :(

Big Fan of Billy system. Got round to installing lights in my yesterday.

Plan more doors and lights soon. Great thing about some Ikea products that they are so customizable and don't have to get all the stuff at once.

SAM_0346.jpg

SAM_0348.jpg

SAM_0354.jpg

where can one get those LED lights? thank you.

Those are Ikea's dioder strip lights. I have the exact same shelf/glass doors and same lights--though mine are multi-colored lights and not white.

cool thanks a lot, this exactly the look im looking for. :)

Looks great mate , shame the door line down the middle is there , they should make one door to fit on.
Aye it shows up more in photos as they are static but when you walking around the house or looking over your should watching TV cant help to break a smile :D
Those are Ikea's dioder strip lights. I have the exact same shelf/glass doors and same lights--though mine are multi-colored lights and not white.

Mine are Multi-coloured also think they 10 pounds more? To many colours to pick... Red suit the preds!! White/purple suit the Termintor line!!

Big Fan of Billy system. Got round to installing lights in my yesterday.

Plan more doors and lights soon. Great thing about some Ikea products that they are so customizable and don't have to get all the stuff at once.

SAM_0346.jpg

SAM_0348.jpg

SAM_0354.jpg

Beautiful display and love the lights!

Looks great mate , shame the door line down the middle is there , they should make one door to fit on.

I have the same setup with the same doors. I wish they made sliding glass doors, or straight glass doors with no doorline as it is distracting.

Has anyone seen the new 15 and 3/8 inch versions of the Billy. I dont ever remember seeing them before.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90208473/

I recently read in the news they were redesigning the Billy system to have deeper shelves. I guess this is it.

It was interesting, because a spokesman said they were doing this because people are increasingly using them to display things like collectibles, iirc! i.e. us :)

I'll probably be picking some of these up, once I get posted out and we move to a new house. No sense in doing that now, since it'll only be another year here, and no Ikea within some 20 hours of driving... :(

@BigPig.....where did you breach the cabinets to run the power cord? Just got a Billy and 2 sets of dioders. tyia

So I finally got my book case. Ended up going with the Billy.

So far I have a number of 1/6th figures in there already but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can plastic stands/steps so that I can have almost like bleacher style levels to display multiple rows of figures.

I recently read in the news they were redesigning the Billy system to have deeper shelves. I guess this is it.

It was interesting, because a spokesman said they were doing this because people are increasingly using them to display things like collectibles, iirc! i.e. us :)

I'll probably be picking some of these up, once I get posted out and we move to a new house. No sense in doing that now, since it'll only be another year here, and no Ikea within some 20 hours of driving... :(

I just hope they don't jack up the prices on these things after the redesign.

I just hope they don't jack up the prices on these things after the redesign.

Since they are not discontinuing the old design and will therefore be selling both, I don't think you should worry about the classic Billy being more expensive. :)

After some considerations, I will go for simple billy bookcase instead of detolf, as I feel that detolf sometimes look too crowded in one shelves.
Here is an example from other collector, but mine will be no glass doors
t522hj.jpg

Back