BTAS customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIDDICK

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought that now is the time for thread like this have appearence.
At least so people got interested... :monkey3
Post your customs based on this wonderful animated series here.

Last night I decided to try capture Joker's likeness in 1/6... and must say it's reeeeeaaally not easy.
Especially in the absence of some good screenshots :gah:
And yeah this is my first experience in serious modeling.

wipJfBTASbyRIDDICK-3.jpg

wipJfBTASbyRIDDICK-2.jpg

wipJfBTASbyRIDDICK-1.jpg

Done entirely out of plasticine with my bare hands, toothpick and without any paint.
I was unhappy with the result and therefore didn't lay "final gloss".
So now I'm looking for a suitable and inexpensive material for further experiments.

Good start. The most glaring thing is that the the head needs to be bigger, especially in the back. My advice to you after you tinker and get a feel for it would be to focus on the proportions of the face and head (the length of the chin, nose, the overall shape of the head) before you put in the detail.

Here's some great references,

m03.jpg

m01.jpg

21.jpg

77.jpg

Good start. The most glaring thing is that the the head needs to be bigger, especially in the back. My advice to you after you tinker and get a feel for it would be to focus on the proportions of the face and head (the length of the chin, nose, the overall shape of the head) before you put in the detail.

Thx.
And lol I did the same notes for myrself :lol
The trouble also is that the chosen expression works well in profile while the full-face looks totally wrong. Perhaps it's a feature of the drawing style (like in anime) so most likely I need to optimize the image before reproduce it in 3D.

Also I made ​​this collage and used it as a reference

JfromBTASset1.jpg

And thx for this shot, very handy :rock

You'll get it, just keep practicing. The most important thing to get down is size and shape, the proportions. After that you can make all the details like the hair, eyes, nose and mouth and refine them as much as you want.

Good luck and great idea for a thread, I love BTAS.

Thx D, now I'm just waiting for free money to buy clay (damn HT suck them out of me like a vacuum cleaner).

I also do some preparation of the body for Batman.
Really hope for Moe's help with his costume :pray:

Nice job, RIDDICK! I like it. For me it's kinda 'designer toys'. )

The likeness is definitely there, good job. Once you work the proportions out I think it will look stellar.

overall i like it the hair needs work ..and the forehand need's to be bigger.

Very cool! I'm working on a TAS Ivy, so I'm really glad to see someone trying TAS characters. :D Looking foward to seeing more.

That's a really cool joker head RIDDICK, looks very much like how he looked in the animation:) This is a good thread, there's not enough BTAS collectables out there besides the old figures, would love to see others' custom work as well..

I dug up this work in progress BTAS Twoface from my portfolio from a while ago, my initial plan was to make the whole rogue gallery and 3D print them to make a whole collection of 1:6 scale statues, or maybe 1:12 depending on the cost.. I stopped working on him for whatever reason but this thread is giving me the incentive to finish what I've started :D

very early stage sculpt:
scaled.php

mock up color and hair added:
twofacesept05.png

Last edited:
Two Face looks really cool. I'd love to see you do more with him.
Here's my contribution:

ivy.png

Loads left to do with her. Ivy been's put on the backburner for the time being; got other figures I'm working on at the moment.

That's a really cool joker head RIDDICK, looks very much like how he looked in the animation:) This is a good thread, there's not enough BTAS collectables out there besides the old figures, would love to see others' custom work as well..

I dug up this work in progress BTAS Twoface from my portfolio from a while ago, my initial plan was to make the whole rogue gallery and 3D print them to make a whole collection of 1:6 scale statues, or maybe 1:12 depending on the cost.. I stopped working on him for whatever reason but this thread is giving me the incentive to finish what I've started :D

very early stage sculpt:
scaled.php

mock up color and hair added:
twofacesept05.png

Looks great Theokan, very close to the cartoon. :clap Would love to see more if you plan to go through with them.
I'm surprised this hasn't got more comments to be honest.

Two Face looks really cool. I'd love to see you do more with him.
Here's my contribution:

ivy.png

Loads left to do with her. Ivy been's put on the backburner for the time being; got other figures I'm working on at the moment.

where you get the costume from ?looks good

here my harley quinn so far

DSCN2767.jpg

where you get the costume from ?looks good

here my harley quinn so far

DSCN2767.jpg

It's from the Mattel Poison Ivy doll that came out several years ago. I'm going to refit it though. It's too big in places on her.

Love your Harley outfit; it looks really awesome. :D

Back