The Darth Maul FX Saber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this? If so how do you display it? When you have it put together as one long saber I don't see anyway around the blades "drooping" some when it sits on the display stand. All my other FX sabers are wall mounted vertically so it's not a problem with them and if I decided to make two "battle damaged" Maul sabers I could do that, but I like it as one saber, but the drooping blade problem is rather annoying.

Anyone found a way around this?

Last edited:
i forget who, but someone posted this back when it was first released. im not sure if he said how he was gonna display it. do the blades really droop after being displayed horizontally??? ive been thinking about getting a mace windu for a while now and might actually crack.

I've got mine mounted on the wall over my closet in one piece. The only way I can think to keep it from drooping is to use both stands in the same manner you would if you had them mounted individually. I would have done this, but I'm only allowed to knock so many holes in my bedroom. Or you could always display it slightly crooked and you can't tell. :lol

Mace's saber is awesome Hairless. It's my favorite with Luke IV in second. The one bad thing about Mace's saber is it picks up finger prints easily so I find myself smacking hands when the little cousins reach out to touch it.

hairlesswookiee said:
ive been thinking about getting a mace windu for a while now and might actually crack.

I've got two FX Sabers, Luke ROTJ and Mace. They will droop if displayed horizontally unsupported.

I display both sabers with the vertical display stands available here: https://www.saber-stand.com/

They're a bit expensive, and I resisted spending the money for a long time, but I'm glad I did it.

I have no answer on how to display the Darth Maul double saber.

hairlesswookiee said:
i forget who, but someone posted this back when it was first released. im not sure if he said how he was gonna display it. do the blades really droop after being displayed horizontally??? ive been thinking about getting a mace windu for a while now and might actually crack.

I have the Windu, Vader Ep V, Luke Ep VI, Anakin Ep III and the Maul. If you buy one I think you'll like it. Nice detail and they are just plain COOL!

I purchased the vertical wall mounts off ebay for them ( except the Maul obviously ) and they look great mounted between my SW movie posters. I have pics of them lit up over on the Show your shelves page of the boards. I think the vertical wall mount pic is on the 2nd or 3rd page of the "My whole collection in one thread" thread.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1101&d=1148771444

the only thing holding me back on the Mace Fx is that i've heard that in comparison to the others it is not as bright due to it having the older Led technology in it.

hairlesswookiee said:
the only thing holding me back on the Mace Fx is that i've heard that in comparison to the others it is not as bright due to it having the older Led technology in it.

Click the link I posted. Mace is lit up there and so are my other FX sabers...you decide. I think it looks great.

yeah i just finished looking. im gonna have to wait and see, im still looking for my vader PF and right now thats my top priority. i also noticed the obi wan EP. I / II Fx... i didnt know that was out??

I've been very tempted to pick these up before, especially the Maul set. I figured it could be displayed verticaslly without a problem, but now hearing about the droopy blades it's making me think twice about buying them. Let us know if you figure something out.

hairlesswookiee said:
yeah i just finished looking. im gonna have to wait and see, im still looking for my vader PF and right now thats my top priority. i also noticed the obi wan EP. I / II Fx... i didnt know that was out??

I don't think there is an Obi Ep I or II at all yet. My blue one is Anakin Ep III and the one not lit at all is a Parks saber that will soon be replaced by the Obi Ep III when it's released.

hairlesswookiee said:

Well, it is the color spectrum too. The Vader and Maul dont seem as bright as say the Anakin EpII. That one is the brightest in my collection, but by far, Mace is the best rendered piece of them all (visually and design wise). You wont be dissapointed with it, believe me. Any one of them for that matter. You turn all the lights off and any room and fire one of dem puppies up and you'll start slashing and swinging like your on Geonosis:lol

KitFisto said:
I don't think there is an Obi Ep I or II at all yet. My blue one is Anakin Ep III and the one not lit at all is a Parks saber that will soon be replaced by the Obi Ep III when it's released.

ah a parks saber!!! my first entry into the lightsaber hilt collecting.... my blue echelon was all i needed to kick start my collection. then it went downhill until i stopped collecting.

https://www.eitsrc.com/closeup.asp?cid=38&pid=102&offset=0

extmounts.gif

This looks like exaclty what your looking for. FX-sabers is great!

$7.95 is not bad eaither

Last edited:
Back