1/6 Scale Horse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Migwit

Imbued with Mad Skills
Reaction score
I used to have a website saved in my "Favorites" list of a 1/6 scale site that sold horse figures, along with saddles. I am unable to find that link, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have deleted it because I have always intended on getting a horse or two for some figures. I know I used to have it saved because I've given it to other folks before when the question has come up about 1/6 scale horses. I don't really want to by the Dragon Horst and Blitz set, but if that's the only way to get a horse, then I guess that's what I'll have to do. Before that happens, though, I thought I'd throw this question out to y'all first.

I appreciate any help! :dance

Hi Migsta, I know I have asked you previously for the link you require. I think I have lost it once again. I thought it was Opsgear, but they haven't anything listed. Try BattleRhino. https://www.thebattlerhino.com/ Go to the search function and type 'saddle'. I tried 'horse' but nix. Only three results, one being the Blitz.

Hey, Creech! :wave Yeah, I remember sending you the link, one that had been posted by someone else on the board. That was the link I was looking for, don't know what happened to it. Weird. Guess whatever site that was is now defunct, 'cuz I have tried every kind of web search I can think of and no hits. :confused:

Melvin, thanks for the link. I love that horse, but it's out of my price range. The link I used to have had a 1/6 horse that looked great, and was around $30-$35, which is about what I was hoping to spend. I guess I'll have to settle for the Dragon Horst and Blitz set, then try to sell the military figure as "loose" or something, since I'm not interested in keeping it. :monkey2

https://www.firebirdarts.com/animals/7anim28.shtml

that place has a large selection of horses (some 1/6). some flocked or fur covered (my fave), but not many articulated ones. personnaly i don't think any articulated ones look very good, but the best (ironically) are still the MARX horses from the 60s-70s. they can be found usually for around 15-30 bucks on Ebay and i think that site has some too, but u'll probably find'em cheaper on ebay.

Get in line, on Ebay! And let me tell you, darn few of them have been going cheap lately! I know, cause I've been trying to get a horse for my Ramirez! Good luck!:monkey5

P.S. Breyer horses are too small a scale.....I have a number of the large Breyers that I dug out of a box in the garage, and they're something like 1/9th scale.....anyway it makes a 12" figure look like he's riding a pony. Not cool.

Last edited:
yeah, i wish Breyers were 1/6. most look really good. and you're doing a custom RAMIREZ!!!! do u have any pics of him so far???? PLEASE!!

Hmmm, so it sounds like Marx horses are good but are hard to find on eBay? Drat, just my luck.

I did get a Dragon Dieter horse "Florian Geyer Cavalryman" version. I was starting to get antsy at not finding something and then paid more than I had budgeted for myself for horses ($63 shipped). I had hoped to stay at $40 or under, but silly me I was only searching for Dragon horses. I'll have to expand my search criteria and see what else is out there. :monkey1

Thanks, everyone, for the links and info!

Migwit, if you can be patient Dragon is coming out with a new horsed figure in July and Battle Rhino will usually break these down for you. It might be cheaper for you than a whole out of production set. Do a search there for "Taras Karabanyk".

Rabbit

I've got a pair of Marx Thunderbots on the way courtesy of eBay. It'll be a project. I'll post pix as they develop.

But here's something that was posted at Twisted Plastic from the Weekend of Heroes show in Ontario CA. Don't know the manufacturer or release date, just what's in the picture. It's called the Revolutionary Philipine Cavalryman:

woh2006055.jpg

woh2006056.jpg

Edit: My 2 Marx Johnny West Thunderbolts arrived today, and now that I have them in hand... the horse in the photos above is a restored and repainted Marx Thunderbolt. Maybe this is a custom figure?

Last edited:
I just found a site belonging to a gentleman who made saddles for decades. In retirement he makes 1:6 tack. His site is https://benscustomtack.com/index.htm

Here are a couple of shots of particular interest to Sideshow collectors. I think we all know what Lee's Traveler looked like, but I'd love to know the manufacturer -- the rear leg says it's not a Marx Thunderbolt. Did Breyer ever make a 1:6 horse?

DebFritz-bg.jpg

Grant's horse is a converted Thunderbolt, and though it's not painted to look like Grant's horse, the saddle is straight out of a photograph on Ben's site.

25JW.jpg

Last edited:
Horse-43-100.JPG

The articulate Marx horse next to Dragon's Blitz. It is articulate at the shoulders, knees and ankles like Blitz.

Horse-42-100.JPG

A repainted Marx Thunderbolt next to a Marx horse with articulated head, neck and spine.

Horse44-100.JPG

Kurt being taught to ride at the dude ranch by Nikki (for size comparisons).

All horses from the Rabbit Collection.

Rabbit

Wow! That Dragon horse is BIG.

Carbo, these are all out of production. It's eBay or the swap meet, I'm afraid. The Dragon horse was sold in a set with a figure, and if you should luck out and find it gathering dust on a store shelf it'll run about $65 - $70. I can't find a price for the new Taras Karabanyk set, but it looks like the same horse. You might try what Rabbit suggests to find the horse parted out from the figure when it comes out next month. The Marx horses last came out in 1975, I think.

Sideshow really ought to think about horses. The LOTR figures are going to cry out for them, and so did the Six Gun Legends. Personally, I don't need articulation. Just big horses in a variety of poses so you can have two or three that aren't exactly alike. I wish Breyer made them in this scale. Guess nobody recognizes the horse Lee is on in the snowy photo above?

Last edited:
Mr. Bear is correct, Carbo-fation. I paid about $40 for the Blitz as soon as someone parted it out. All of the Marx horses (I must have close to a dozen plus the Johnny West kid's pony and the buckboard) I bought over 35 years ago from K-Mart. I don't remember what they sold for back then. The difference being that I held on to my stuff when everyone else was throwing them out. Little did I dream that 1/6th would come back into style like never before.

The stock Destiny (a Thunderbolt with wheels for tilting) was rereleased a few years ago with the Noble Knights series. Some of them may still be found (I couldn't find any).

Rabbit

Hello All,

I was able to buy two Blitz' for $30 each including harness, sadle bags, sadle, and blanket from SmallBluePLanet.com last year. Like Gruff Old Bear stated, Dragon USA will be releasing two new variants to their original horse, one will even be black! I'm not sure weather these new horses are the same size as Blitz, (to me they look a tad smaller,) but we will soon find out as they are scheduled to be released shortly, if not already. You might want to try Opstoys, (I heard they're going under) or Monkeydepot.com, these are the only 1:6 scale sites that part figures out, that I know of. Anyone else have a favorite sight for custom 1:6? I'd love to know. Almost all categories of 1:6 could benefit from having horses. As a once avid Planet of the Apes collector, the lack of horses was a huge issue and SSC refused to hear our plea. Lets hope this time around they lend an ear and listen. :confused:

Back