Statue ‘I Am Your Father’ – Luke Skywalker VS Darth Vader on Bespin Polystone Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
34obc.jpg

I like it. Will display nice with the Vader vs Obi-Wan dio.

It'll be interesting to see if/what the exclusive is. On the Vader vs Obi-Wan the exclusive background makes that dio a home run! Wonder if it'll be something similar.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like the faux bronze dioramas better than the regular version. I guess for me it gives a more "epic" feel to them. I really wanted the Obi vs Vader FB, but that one looks to be difficult to find now. Anyone know how Sideshow goes about determining whether/not a statue gets the FB treatment, and when it would be released? I really like this dio too, but would like to hold out for a FB version.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like the faux bronze dioramas better than the regular version.

Yeah, definitely in the minority. I imagine that they do the faux bronze thing for the ones that sell better. I might say that it also depends on the subject matter, but they did it for the Luke vs. Tauntaun diorama, and I don't think that was particular suited to it, so I don't know. The only faux bronze one I want is Leia vs. Jabba. :)

Gosh as if i havent got enough on order for this year already! :(

Looks great! Ive been steering away from the dioramas due to their high price, but this might have to be the first one i get! again... depending on the price, i think the price tag on this will be higher then the last dio released?

Gosh as if i havent got enough on order for this year already! :(

Looks great! Ive been steering away from the dioramas due to their high price, but this might have to be the first one i get! again... depending on the price, i think the price tag on this will be higher then the last dio released?

I'm in the same boat...I remember them talking about this DIO in a former Q&A a while back and I wanted to see it before coming to any conclusion. This particular scene in ESB is so Epic for me, this may in fact be my first DIO. Based on the preview Pic, the Luke likeness actually appears to be pretty good and that was the key part for me. So many other companies have screwed up his face likeness that it ruins the piece (ie - Koto, GG, SS on other pieces etc.)

It'll ultimately come down to price and timing of release, but I definitely want this!

Back