Broken Grievous

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
My Grievous finally arrived! There's just one little thing...

:monkey2

Just opened the box and got ready to unpack him, and there was a broken piece loose inside the top layer of the box. I haven't started the unpacking/untangling process just in case he has to go back. Can anybody identify this piece--it looks like it might have come from part of the leg--and tell me if they think I can repair it, or if I should return it?

grievouspiece6hf.jpg

tomandshell said:
IMG]https://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4295/grievouspiece6hf.jpg[/IMG]

What a horrifying picture! Return it! Or better yet, ask Sideshow to send you a replacement, and recreate GG's death scene!

Burn, baby, burn!

Remember to post the video!

(Man, after waiting for so long, sorry to hear about this...)

It was either here or over at Statue Forum, but someone else had that exact problem. That piece is the "calf muscle," check that area on the legs.

Sorry Tom, it just isn't right; esp after waiting like you have. :eek:

Seriously...

I don't want to return it!! I've been waiting long enough as it is! I just want my Grievous on the shelf... :monkey2

In all honesty, the statue is all wrapped up and twist-tied in and I don't want to have to unpack him just to figure out what this piece is in case he has to be re-packed and returned. If anybody can tell me what this is and if there is any hope of repair, I would really like to get this fixed and not endure any more waiting...

:sick

tomandshell said:
My Grievous finally arrived! There's just one little thing...

:monkey2

Just opened the box and got ready to unpack him, and there was a broken piece loose inside the top layer of the box. I haven't started the unpacking/untangling process just in case he has to go back. Can anybody identify this piece--it looks like it might have come from part of the leg--and tell me if they think I can repair it, or if I should return it?

grievouspiece6hf.jpg
Hey Tom I Am Sorry ..... Man you Have been Unlucky with this Piece.............:mad: ...................... I do not recognice the piece.. I now it is a long umpacking process i barely did mine just to check everything was ok ( did not fully took him out ) but if i were you i would take all out just to see if it is a loose or broken piece.......................

That f***in' sux Tom...I cant believe after you had to wait all that time you finally get him and its broken....I hope u can fix it without having to send it back!!

LOTRFan said:

Looks like the exact same broken piece in that picture...

And then another one on the next page...

But it sounds like they were able to get it back in place without too much trouble. Hmm...

The impatient side of me says to just unpack it and do an amateur glue job--the perfectionist side of me doesn't want to have to clumsily glue broken pieces onto an expensive statue...

:confused:

that is definitely a piece of one of the "calf" muscles. I just looked at mine and you probably could glue it back. since the legs are on the first layer, I would take those out only and see if you can glue the piece back to your satisfaction. if not, all you have to put back is the legs.

tomandshell said:
Seriously...

I don't want to return it!! I've been waiting long enough as it is! I just want my Grievous on the shelf... :monkey2

In all honesty, the statue is all wrapped up and twist-tied in and I don't want to have to unpack him just to figure out what this piece is in case he has to be re-packed and returned. If anybody can tell me what this is and if there is any hope of repair, I would really like to get this fixed and not endure any more waiting...

Tom, the legs are in the first layer of packaging so I'd just open him up a little and see if it's an easy fix or not.

Sorry to hear about this, Tom. I hate stuff like that, just gnaws at me. But I'd agree with Loki and say open him up and see if its an easy fix -- meaning see if the piece lays right without a crack line or anything. Besides, you may want to see if anything else is wrong with him -- or if you got a good one with great paint apps, etc.

tomandshell said:
Looks like the exact same broken piece in that picture...

And then another one on the next page...

But it sounds like they were able to get it back in place without too much trouble. Hmm...

The impatient side of me says to just unpack it and do an amateur glue job--the perfectionist side of me doesn't want to have to clumsily glue broken pieces onto an expensive statue...

:confused:

I hear you, I think if I forked over that kind of cash; I would expect it to be perfect. However, it seems kind of common (sadly :eek: ), and an easy fix.

If it will eat at you, send it back - I wouldn't even hesitate.

Tom...I would sent it back....this figure needs to be perfect !!!! Dont put glue on it !!! Man it cost you 500$ !!!! You deserve perfection....

Shaihulud said:
Tom...I would sent it back....this figure needs to be perfect !!!! Dont put glue on it !!! Man it cost you 500$ !!!! You deserve perfection....

More like $497. But buying some Super Glue would probably send it over the $500 mark! :D

If I do decide to glue it, is Super Glue OK, or is there a certain kind/brand/type of glue that I should use?

It wouldn't be 6/6/06 if something didn't go wrong. Just sorry it happened to you. Look at Batty's face.

You may have posted this already, but what number did you get?

Batty said:
It wouldn't be 6/6/06 if something didn't go wrong. Just sorry it happened to you. Look at Batty's face.

You may have posted this already, but what number did you get?

Must be Damien's fault...

Sorry to hear about this Tom. I know you've been waiting for the General for ALONG time now, and it sucks that this happened. If it is in fact broken, I would return it and have them replace the part thats broken. Just my 2 cents though.

tomandshell said:
If I do decide to glue it, is Super Glue OK, or is there a certain kind/brand/type of glue that I should use?

its called send it back to get replaced!!!! dont let the Fedex man win... he probably knew how much you hated him and dropped it inside the truck just to get even.

Tom, before making any decision, I would contact CS because it seems they will have some sort of policy shaping up to replace this particular part as more complaints about it come rolling in. It is an intricate piece and I'm sure if everything else is good, they will be more willing to replace a small part than absorb the humongous costs of return shipping this 27 lb item and then reshipping a new one. It just may be worth making the call.

Back