HAWKMAN: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Apparently I missed this bit of info around the web:

Some Hawkman Movie Details Revealed!
Hot off the recent announcement of a Hawkman film being written, we now have some details concerning the feel of the film, as well as weapons and a potential love interest...

Recently, we had the announcement that a Hawkman film was being scripted at Warner Bros., joining fellow DC characters Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern on a trip to the big screen (as well as plans for Wonder Woman and Flash films, among others). Bleeding Cool now has some details surrounding the project, comparing it to Indiana Jones and The Da Vinci Code, as well as talking about the weapons the character uses and briefly about a possible love interest.

Part INDIANA JONES/DA VINCI CODE, part GHOST tentpole about the fictional superhero that appears in D.C. Comic books. He used archaic weaponry and large, artificial wings attached to a harness made of the Nth metal that allows flight. Most incarnations of Hawkman work closely with a partner/romantic interest named Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman in his fight against supervillains. Based on the DC comic.

No one yet, they'll go director before actor but since his fans push him behind every big project, Joe Manganiello as Hawkman pushes have begun already :lol

@JOE-MANGANIELLO-HAWKMAN-CARTER-HAL-HOL-HAWKWORLD-WARNER-BROS-TRUE-BLOOD-SUPERMAN-BATMAN-DC-UNIVERSE-SUPERHERO-JLA-JSA-CASTING-LEEE777.jpg

He was in the last season of True Blood, he was Flash Thompson in Spider-Man 1, went through about as many Superhero auditions as Cavill. He isn't any worse than what we got for the small screen version in Smallville IMHO.

Let's hope this doesn't wallow in development hell like so many (non Bats/Supes) DC projects before Green Lantern.

Never understood how he made it into the JLA.
He mustve been able to pay the monthly membership dues.
That costume screams for a makeover girlfriend.

Green Lantern will have no effect on this film. DC knows they are getting their asses kicked at the box office just in terms of sheer number of films and they want to fight them head on. If GL bombs it'll only effect GL, other DC licenses will sprint to go on screen because DC wants to go toe to toe against their archenemy.

Does anyone really want to see a Hawkman flick? He's cool as a supporting team member, but not the main show. It reminds me of that Ant Man movie that was supposedly being made. Who the ____ wants to watch two hours of Ant Man?

Does anyone really want to see a Hawkman flick?
Probably a very small handful of people. Sure, I would like to see it. Why not? I don't think "Joe Sixpack" is gonna go see it. But then, he's probably gonna go see Transformers 3. So I couldn't give a ____ what he wants to see.

Who the ____ wants to watch two hours of Ant Man?
*slowly raises hand*

Back