So You Think You Can Dance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grphyx1

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK I find it hard to believe that I am the only one that watches this show??? And I really want a 1/6th Mary Murphy figure (whispers*Doll*). Who else watches? :pray: and I searched and found nothing in the forum

Used to, enjoyed the first 3-4-seasons with Travis, Nick et., it's gotten corny.

indifferent0002.gif
indifferent0003.gif
indifferent0004.gif

My girlfriend watches it...I run for the hills when it, and Dancing with the Stars, comes on. :panic:

I'll watch once they get to the 20... I'm not a big audition guy. Its a fun show (its more interesting than American Idol for sure) and some of those rutines are fantastic like Twitch and Alex last season.

Last edited:
I'll watch once they get to the 20... I'm not a big audition guy. Its a fun show (its more interesting than American Idol for sure) and some of those rutines are fantastic like Twitch and Alex last season.

Twitch was great, he even got a part on "Bones" major charisma. The auditions were funny last night with the crack head stripper with the missing front teeth:rotfl

Twitch was great, he even got a part on "Bones" major charisma. The auditions were funny last night with the crack head stripper with the missing front teeth:rotfl

I did happen to see that one and when she said she was a stripper my wife said "So she would be the go home girl right?" :)

This is my wife's favorite TV show. So yes, I watch it with her. As with American Idol, I prefer the early episodes with the really crappy auditions.

I have to say that there is just somethings about the movement and emotional connection some of these dancers have that compels me to watch. Plus it's a condensed version of multiple types of dance that you cannot get anywhere else. Love it! Glad it's back on!!!

I tell you what, I don't watch many, Never seen dancing with the stars. But I love watching this show. American Idol sucks. But this is something different to me. I guess you have to have a certain taste to connect to some of it and admire the true talent and strength of the participants.

^^^Exactly,some of them really move you through dance. Hard to pinpoint exactly what it is but you know when you feel it (...waits for the impending "tha's what she said...").

I tell you what, I don't watch many, Never seen dancing with the stars. But I love watching this show. American Idol sucks. But this is something different to me. I guess you have to have a certain taste to connect to some of it and admire the true talent and strength of the participants.

I agree. I almost never watch this kind of stuff, but I have seen a few seasons of this show. The season with Travis and Benji was great; I thought it was very entertaining.

Still a great show and just the opposite of American Idol. I only watch the auditions for Idol and then it loses interest. But the later shows for SYTYCD with the spectacular dancing and choreography are the real reason to watch. Only reality show I follow faithfully.
It's one of the only reality shows that actually adds to the cultural contributions of America rather than subtracts from it.

It's advanced the art of dance beyond what you could reasonably expect in this day and age.

And it's fun to see old contestants make good - anyone else pick out Robert dancing with GaGa on SNL?

I only watch this when nothing else is on, but I agree, I hate all the singing shows that are based on God given "talent".Some of the things these ppl can do are really amazing and it takes a lot of real hard work to be able to do it.

I haven't seen every season let alone every episode, but here are two of my favorite performances.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-kxL-OR74&playnext=1&list=PL2153076F70DD97CB"]YouTube - ‪SYTYCD Top 10 Ramalama Bang Bang‬‏[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDecvqUb-tY"]YouTube - ‪Allison and Ivan - Why‬‏[/ame]

Back