Any experience with wireless LED lights?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm currently trying to find LED lights for my Ikea Besta shelves. I got these ones and they're mounted to the wall:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50102157

It looks like that:

umbau_020.jpg

The biggest problem is that it's nearly impossible to place lights with wires there, because it would ruin the shelves (the only way would be to go through the top and then you would still see the ugly wires).

Are these Dot-it-LED lights really an alternative to the wired LED strips from Ikea and others? I didn't see them live, only in some videos and it seems that the light they produce is not enough for one besta shelve.

Any recommendations?

damn that is one red wall! your setup looks nice:clap I know one member, kingc...I forget his SN right offhand...anyway, he has some lights he got from costco that are battery operated and come with a remote. I believe they're discontinued though unfortunately. I think you might be able to find them on amazon.

have you looked through any of the lighting threads? Forgive me for posting any links right now but I'm a bit lazy at the moment:p

I wouldn't mind finding some wireless LEDs for my Besta unit but I think I'll just go with the dioder strips and do the b est I can to conceal them.

Hey there, these are the lights I use that civiclx was talking about but they seem to be inexistent now :(:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Lightmates-LITE00113-Wireless-Switch-6-Pack/dp/B004H7TABC"]Amazon.com: Lightmates LITE00113 LED Wireless Puck Light with Switch, 6-Pack: Home Improvement[/ame]

You can see if its bright enough for your liking here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3495712#post3495712

Hey guys, thanks for your suggestions! :clap

Unfortunately both LED lights are unavailable in Europe, at least I couldn't find them, not even on eBay. I guess I have to keep searchin', but the picture showing the wireless LED in action was helpful! :)

It's a little dark, so maybe it works, if I use more of these puck lights. Still got the Ikea Dioder ones, but they're not wireless. Damn! :mad:

Hey there, these are the lights I use that civiclx was talking about but they seem to be inexistent now :(:

Amazon.com: Lightmates LITE00113 LED Wireless Puck Light with Switch, 6-Pack: Home Improvement

You can see if its bright enough for your liking here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3495712#post3495712

Those lights are pretty groovy. I shy away from the battery powered LED's because I don't want to have to turn each one on/off individually, but this fixes that problem. How long do the batteries last?

Those lights are pretty groovy. I shy away from the battery powered LED's because I don't want to have to turn each one on/off individually, but this fixes that problem. How long do the batteries last?

I don't have them on every night for a prolonged period of time so I can't say. I only have them on when guests come over or a quick look before I hit the sack and the batteries are still holding up since I got them.

Hi guys, i bought this LED puck lights from costco. It has 6 lights, a wireless switch and 20 batteries.Got if for $29 plus tax. It says it has 100,000 hours of light.

Question, has anyone tried these already? My concerns about this is the heat from the lights, will the heat affect/melt my figures and also the life of the batteries. I've read a review saying that he needed to replace the batteries often.

I plan to put one light in each shelf of the detolf cabinet .Here is a photo of the lights in its package. Wanted to see what you guys think before opening this.

securedownload

don't recall much heat but you do know hours refer to lifespan of the LEDs not battery life ;)
I was happily changing and charging batteries everyday (had 16 of these) between maybe 3 groups but I gave up soon..... :p

don't recall much heat but you do know hours refer to lifespan of the LEDs not battery life ;)
I was happily changing and charging batteries everyday (had 16 of these) between maybe 3 groups but I gave up soon..... :p

So you think its better I go with dioder lights or something that is plugged in rather than battery powered?

To stay sane lol
Actually unless you always turn it on only for few minutes a day. But I tend to stare at my collection for longer than that in a day :p. also my lil one loves playing w the switch so yeah the lights stood no chance
For closet light these work great. Displays not so much but then I am just a lazy man :lol

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

To stay sane lol
Actually unless you always turn it on only for few minutes a day. But I tend to stare at my collection for longer than that in a day :p. also my lil one loves playing w the switch so yeah the lights stood no chance
For closet light these work great. Displays not so much but then I am just a lazy man :lol

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Ok thanks Geil. I'm still undecided whether to return these or just use dioder lights. :panic:

Hi guys, i bought this LED puck lights from costco. It has 6 lights, a wireless switch and 20 batteries.Got if for $29 plus tax. It says it has 100,000 hours of light.

Question, has anyone tried these already? My concerns about this is the heat from the lights, will the heat affect/melt my figures and also the life of the batteries. I've read a review saying that he needed to replace the batteries often.

I plan to put one light in each shelf of the detolf cabinet .Here is a photo of the lights in its package. Wanted to see what you guys think before opening this.

securedownload

installed them last night and wasn't satisfied. The lights don't give enough illumination to the shelf. I'll return them to costco and buy ikea dioder instead.

Back