Riddick 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been greenlit, starts filming this summer, and it seems Vin is sacrificing some of his salary to keep it rated R.

Vin Diesel said:
D T the writer/director just landed in New York with the good news. We can start filming this summer. However, there is a catch... in order for us to make a true R rated film, I must work for scale upfront. Not unlike the "Find me Guilty" experience (which I wouldn't have changed for the world)...

Money is always second to art, integrity and spirit... but the real issue is deeper. Can I suspend my life, to momentarily venture to that dark place... called Riddick.

https://www.facebook.com/VinDiesel?sk=wall

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/49773

It's officially happening! :yess:

I'm glad he's not a _____. Take that small amount of money for a good film.

Also, Find Me Gulity was pretty good IMO.

Yes. It should be, technically, Pitch Black 3....but since they changed the entire story to have little to do with the first...it became Chronicals.

Kinda like how Raiders of the Lost Ark is just Raiders, and the rest are Indiana Jones AND the Blah Blah Skull Crystal Butt Hole.

Woops, Devil made a good point I probably shouldn't have titled the thread 'Riddick 3' as the film is as of yet untitled. It just felt right to me, and I'd bet the real title undoubtedly won't be under the existing Pitch Black or Chronicles titling.

this is great news it will be rated R. Pitch black was an awesome movie. Chronicles wasnt so great because it was PG. Riddicks story can't be told in a PG movie. needs to be rated R. hopefully there will be more swearing and just over all more adult themes, the way it should be like the first. looking forward to this.

So can someone enlighten me as to why a R rating would have anything to do with Vin's salary? Is this one of those situations where the studio says "we won't make an R rated movie cuz it won't make as much money, unless everyone goes in dirt cheap"?

So can someone enlighten me as to why a R rating would have anything to do with Vin's salary? Is this one of those situations where the studio says "we won't make an R rated movie cuz it won't make as much money, unless everyone goes in dirt cheap"?

l would say so. majority of people who see movies are youger kids. so if they can't see it of course less money will come in.

So Vin will work for 'scale' but score a back end deal and probably end up making more money in the long run. Smart!

I hate how some sites are skewing the last part of his quote into him not really being willing to take the pay cut. He's implying that Riddick is a dark role and he's apprehensive to 'go dark'.

I'm excited though. I liked Pitch Black and really dug Chronicles!

Great news. Always thought Riddick was a brilliant character.
Hopefully hot toys will consider making one !. I'm surprised we haven't seen an official 1/6 Riddick yet , are there any decent statues of him ?.

I have this bust from Chronicles that's actually pretty decent.

Got it for dirt cheap too... (like $15 a while back)

chronicles_riddick-minibust.jpg

The goggles are removable (but took a little paint with them the one time I moved them...)

All the blood and violence in the world wouldn't have improved the story.

thats true. l hope they go in a whole new direction. l didn't really care for Chronicles. we have to remember Riddick is a killer. l want to see a dark side to him. l want to see more back story on him about what he did in the past and maybe have that to do with the story line. he should still be a untrust worthy person who will only help you if it helps him. they turned him into too much of a trust worthy hero in the last one.

So Vin will work for 'scale' but score a back end deal and probably end up making more money in the long run. Smart!

It's only smart if it makes a crap load of money and the last two didn't. Pitch Black only made 30 Million worldwide and Chronicles made even less (about 10 Million). Both were panned by critics and both were considered domestic box office failures.

Well then... maybe he figures going back to the R rated roots and scaling back the scope, this one will be more successful? And THEN he'll make some made dough!! :p

Back