Gentle Giant Boba Fett statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone received this yet? Their site says it's "available" in stores now. My dealer has not gotten it yet. Has anyone gotten it or know when it's shipping?

Last edited:
Gonna have to pass on this. It looks great but I really think we'll see SS's Boba Fett before the end of the year.

I am however waiting for the GG Harry Potter Hungarian Horntail that was supposed to ship in May as well.

I have seen a few pictures of the Boba Fett statue, so I do think that he has started to ship. I have him on order but haven't heard anything yet.

Darth Loki said:
Gonna have to pass on this. It looks great but I really think we'll see SS's Boba Fett before the end of the year.

I am however waiting for the GG Harry Potter Hungarian Horntail that was supposed to ship in May as well.

I am foolish enough to be doing 3 different Star Wars lines right now.

1. GG 1/6 line
2. SS PF line ( all except General G. )
3. SS 1/6 line ( Jedi and Sith only which means I have passed on a wopping ONE figure so far LOL )

KitFisto said:
I am foolish enough to be doing 3 different Star Wars lines right now.

1. GG 1/6 line
2. SS PF line ( all except General G. )
3. SS 1/6 line ( Jedi and Sith only which means I have passed on a wopping ONE figure so far LOL )

Kit, I can't believe you're not getting a PF General Grievous! It is amazing! I'm at work now and can't wait to go home and look at him some more. The cape isn't as essential as I first thought (it will be if SS ever decides to sell sabers for it), so go find the regular. You won't be disapointed, I promise.

Darth Loki said:
Kit, I can't believe you're not getting a PF General Grievous! It is amazing! I'm at work now and can't wait to go home and look at him some more. The cape isn't as essential as I first thought (it will be if SS ever decides to sell sabers for it), so go find the regular. You won't be disapointed, I promise.

I am sure it's an awesome piece, but Grievous was just such a "token" bad guy IMO. He was just added as a throw in for script purposes. I just didn't care for him. SS's work on the figure is amazing I agree, but I just didn't really care for the General at all in the movie.

KitFisto said:
I am sure it's an awesome piece, but Grievous was just such a "token" bad guy IMO. He was just added as a throw in for script purposes. I just didn't care for him. SS's work on the figure is amazing I agree, but I just didn't really care for the General at all in the movie.

I too was very disapointed at how Lucas bitched him out in ROTS but he's great in the Clone Wars and I think he's going to be a main character in the new third volume of Clone Wars that supposed to begin next year.

Darth Loki said:
I too was very disapointed at how Lucas bitched him out in ROTS but he's great in the Clone Wars and I think he's going to be a main character in the new third volume of Clone Wars that supposed to begin next year.

Wow, I didn't even know there was going to be a 3rd volume of Clone Wars coming out! Cool!! Is the TV series still supposed to happen?

The live action TV series is scheduled for production next year, I believe.

And there will be more Clone Wars, but unfortunately I have heard that it will be CGI animation instead of the beautifully done traditional animation of the Clone Wars that we know and love, and I also believe that it is being made by a new creative team. So it's not really the third volume of the Clone Wars micro-series line, but something new, different, and similar. It will be like the "Deep Impact" to Cartoon Network's "Armageddon." Or like "Antz" to "A Bug's Life." Or like "Volcano" to "Dante's Peak." Or like "Deepstar Six" to "Leviathan." Or like "The Wild" to "Madagascar." Or like "Shark Tale" to "Finding Nemo." Or like "Big Momma's House 2" to "Schindler's List."

Etc.

tomandshell said:
The live action TV series is scheduled for production next year, I believe.

And there will be more Clone Wars, but unfortunately I have heard that it will be CGI animation instead of the beautifully done traditional animation of the Clone Wars that we know and love, and I also believe that it is being made by a new creative team. So it's not really the third volume of the Clone Wars micro-series line, but something new, different, and similar. It will be like the "Deep Impact" to Cartoon Network's "Armageddon." Or like "Antz" to "A Bug's Life." Or like "Volcano" to "Dante's Peak." Or like "Deepstar Six" to "Leviathan." Or like "The Wild" to "Madagascar." Or like "Shark Tale" to "Finding Nemo." Or like "Big Momma's House 2" to "Schindler's List."

Etc.

The last thing that I read (maybe Wookiepedia) said that the live action series was a go but the cgi Clone Wars was first. I'm not sure how it will be, it does seem to have promise though. Just think, a whole new look and new line for Gentle Giant Maquettes.

Khev said:
tomandshell,

Your avatar and sig aren't very "surf while at work friendly." Just an FYI.... :)

LOL--Just did that as a joke and forgot to change it back. Thanks!

(Although they were both just borrowed from other board members, so they're still out there somewhere...)

tomandshell said:
LOL--Just did that as a joke and forgot to change it back. Thanks!

(Although they were both just borrowed from other board members, so they're still out there somewhere...)
I missed it. Let me guess: Jesse and Melvin?

I am expecting the Boba Fett anytime as well.

I need to pick up the Clone Wars DVD II as I just picked up one and watched it. I cannot wait for the new animation SW.

On the Gentle Giant Official Blog they say it is starting to ship to retailers and should arrive anytime soon.

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
I am expecting the Boba Fett anytime as well.

I need to pick up the Clone Wars DVD II as I just picked up one and watched it. I cannot wait for the new animation SW.

you'll get hooked on the clone wars maquettes next thing you know :cool:

Back