The Muppets new movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Might as well create a new thread in this section since the
movie is coming out on Thanksgiving!

Trailer will be shown before POTC 4

Better image of the poster,

Teaser.jpg

Animal looks good, the other guys, not so much...

From toughpigs.com

usatoday.png

Last edited:
Re: "The Muppets" new movie

The Muppets look exactly how they should look :dunno

omg those puppets are possesed. but seriously who said they look different.

omg those puppets are possesed. but seriously who said they look different.

:lol
I think they look weird, it's the pose and expressions maybe...
Usually posters with the Muppet posers are of them doing silly things, this poster doesn't reflect that "muppetty" nature IMO...
But I really don't care, I just hope the movie is good!!
And can't wait for the teaser!! :yess:

Seeing Kermit with a closed mouth in promo images is rare (let alone all of them full bodied). And I'm still not digging the 'new' Fozzie (muppet itself, I'm fine with Eric as a performer).

BUT I'm stoked about the new flick!

Looks pretty cool! I'm interested in seeing how this turns out, with them walking around like that all the time...

I'm cautiously optimistic. After 20 years of sub-par Muppet films and television, it's hard for me to get too excited. But the puppet segment of Forgetting Sarah Marshall was, to me, quite good and has me slightly hopeful.

I actually liked the Muppet Christmas Carol and even Muppets in Space, but you're right - nothing compared to the ones from the Eighties.

Just hasn't been the same without Jim...

MCC is a classic in my eyes. I love the tandem of Gonzo and Rizzo in that flick and Caine did a great job as Stooge!

Muppets in Space was meh. It had it's moments for sure (Fozzie washing his hands is a standout gag for me), but overall was a little disjointed.

That said, they're slowly getting back to their roots. Muppet Wizard of Oz was a low point IMO, but I actually like the Letters to Santa special (especially over A Very Merry Muppet Christmas which I felt was far too depressing!).

I like MCC as well, really well done IMO.
TI is fun too.
Muppets from space has some really funny moments, but it lacks a bit of soul.
VMMCM is depressing indeed, but Pepe was hilarious...
MWO was terrible indeed...
LTS was passable... I have high hopes for this one.

Super Hi-Res poster:

TheMuppets-teaserposter01a.jpg

I'm game. Don't care what the rest of you think. Muppets from Space is epic...but only because of Pepe. So I hope that the new film will be excellent.

I'm game. Don't care what the rest of you think. Muppets from Space is epic...but only because of Pepe. So I hope that the new film will be excellent.

A lot of "purists" hate Pepe,
but he's definitely my favorite "new" Muppet... he's hilarious...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBxYgMMcpJs"]YouTube - ‪Pepe The King Prawn - Drive Thru - Drive Through‬‏[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mteZUShB1Qo"]YouTube - ‪The best of pepè‬‏[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4PNw1Su1hw"]YouTube - ‪pepe from the muppets‬‏[/ame]

I'm on the same page as you guys with Pepe. ;) There's a lot of hate for Post-Henson characters, for no reason other than they came Post-Henson some times.

Muppet Treasure Island and Christmas Carol weren't horrible, but they were many many times worse than the Henson-era stuff IMO (including the lesser Muppets Take Manhattan film).

I saw Muppets in Space in the theater sadly, and it was a complete abomination in my eyes. It was a completely unfulfilling movie experience. I could only stomach about 5 minutes of Letters from Santa until I got extremely angry and had to turn it off.

Pepe is not remotely funny or likable to me. I have no use for him and hope he doesn't show up in the new movie.

Honestly, it is very difficult for me to even compare the brilliance of the Muppet Show and Great Muppet Caper to the more recent stuff. The only similarities between them are the characters used and some of the voice actors. The old stuff was soulful, subversive, and hilarious. The newer stuff is not smart or funny, is superficial and overly commercial, and caters exclusively to small kids.

I gotta say it. The Muppet Show is over 30 years old. When did Caper come out? Early-mid 80's? There's no way that today's audience would go for that same type of entertainment. And as a business, they need to cater to today's audience. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

The 'good old days' are long gone. I'm honestly VERY happy The Muppets are still hanging around at all. But I acknowledge that they are FAR from relevant. It's a catch 22. To make them relevant you have to change what they stand for. Make them edgier and hip for 'todays generation'. I just hope that Disney can find a happy medium without alienating 'our generation' who grew up with Kermit and Co.

I don't agree that you have to change what the Muppets are and what they stand for to make them relevant. I think what they were that was most important is pretty universal across time.

Of course, the content of the jokes can't be the same today as it was 30 years ago. But the nature of the show can be. Funny, smart, absurd humor that is made to appeal to a range of audiences isn't something that goes out of style IMO. There was cheap, lazy, appeal-to-the-lowest-common-denominator humor in the late 70s just like there is today. The Muppets were different, and can be today I think.

During the Henson years they weren't exactly edgy, but they had depth. More recent Muppet incarnations had neither of those things, IMO. By the way, I'm not being judgmental toward those of you who have found value in that stuff. I know I can be an unreasonable snob sometimes, and should probably lighten up. But, I can't lower my expectations just because those characters are the same. It kind of pisses me off that the legacy of Henson turned into. . .whatever the Muppets have been for the last few years.

I know how this all comes off, btw:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg"]YouTube - ‪Spaced | Menace to Society | Channel 4‬‏[/ame]

:lol

I agree with you though. But I'll watch anything Muppets just because.... Well, they're Muppets. Heh

(As I sit here in my Kermit pajama shirt where he's rocking giant pink headphones...)

I agree with you though. But I'll watch anything Muppets just because.... Well, they're Muppets. Heh

(As I sit here in my Kermit pajama shirt where he's rocking giant pink headphones...)

Well, I would really like some Pepe jammies!

:horror:horror

How could anyone hate Pepe?

The insanity of it still haunts me.
:cuckoo: :lol

I'm on the same page as you guys with Pepe. ;) There's a lot of hate for Post-Henson characters, for no reason other than they came Post-Henson some times.

I like new characters if they fit. And Pepe fits.

Also, I would like to get a Pepe stuffed muppet. Mmhmm!

@Kuzeh, he really is hilarious, and thanks for the vids. I've seen them before but always a lot of fun to re-watch.

Back