3d tv

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes you do. The ps3 is the best blu ray player, because it has the feature to update its firmware. If you plan on having a surround sound system, you will need a 3D compatible receiver as well.

yes you do. The ps3 is the best blu ray player, because it has the feature to update its firmware. If you plan on having a surround sound system, you will need a 3D compatible receiver as well.

And keep in mind you will not be able to pass Lossless Audio from the PS3 if using the 3D capabilities. Not a big deal for most, but it is a big deal for some.

Thanks people are they good thinking of getting a 46 inch need to test one first to see the effect

PS3 is not the best 3D blu-ray player. Sound and picture wise it does not lead the way. It is as you mention firmware updatable. Although most of the new 3D Blu players are. Most have a wifi connection to update as required. As an entry point player (you already have one, it's fine).

I have been most impressed by the Panasonic TV/Player. Amazing home cinema experience, closely followed by Sony.

Iv seen a samsung 40inch and a 46 inch both same price so think il go for the 46 and now have to get a player can't believe the price of glasses now aswell lol

Iv seen a samsung 40inch and a 46 inch both same price so think il go for the 46 and now have to get a player can't believe the price of glasses now aswell lol

Oh, go 46 for sure. The bigger the better with 3D since it's all about immersion.

And if you can, be on the look out for a bundle. A lot of places are throwing in a player and glasses with some TV's. That'll save you a couple hundred right of that bat.

Yes--definitely need a Blu-Ray player that supports 3D. It's because it needs to process twice as much video resolution for the 3D and so they have to meet certain requirements.

Yes--definitely need a Blu-Ray player that supports 3D. It's because it needs to process twice as much video resolution for the 3D and so they have to meet certain requirements.

And again, make sure you get a 'High-Speed HDMI' cable since it needs the higher bandwidth to transmit the data.

And don't fall for the up-sell wherever you buy your TV. There's absolutely NO reason to spend upwards of $80-$100 on a cable, regardless of what they say.

Go to MonoPrice.com and pick one up there.

https://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=high+speed+HDMI&x=22&y=9

:peace

If the tv has usb, you will be able to play 3d movies from that connected to the tv.
Just got my samsung 59" 3d
Amazing tv

PS3 is not the best 3D blu-ray player. Sound and picture wise it does not lead the way. It is as you mention firmware updatable. Although most of the new 3D Blu players are. Most have a wifi connection to update as required. As an entry point player (you already have one, it's fine).

I have been most impressed by the Panasonic TV/Player. Amazing home cinema experience, closely followed by Sony.

Panasonic huh? that's interesting. I've thinking about upgrading pretty soon and have been reading consumer reports websites and I'm frustrated because each one has their favorite with no clear winner. One says Sony, another says Vizio, yet another praises LG's :dunno

The one constant I do see though is to stay away from Samsung, there are many negative reviews from people stating that they get dead pixels within months of owning sets if not straight out of the box.

I have to say that I don't see a ton of 3D in the theaters if at all. I like to save it for the home experience. I'm glad I did.

I have a 55" LG 3D HDTV. IT has the passive glasses, the lighter Ray Ban glasses. The picture is amazing for 3D as well as for 2D, it's great. For sound I have a LG Soundbar, I couldn't get the whole 7.1 surround sound set up because I rent a townhouse with neighbors, and we can hear most everything.

This is the model I have...
https://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-led-tv-55LX6500.jsp

They are only going to get better and cheaper.

Which settings do people use for like the contrast and brightness and stuff iv played about with but can't get it perfect

Love my 46" Samsung and PS3 player.. the family loves the 3D and the picture is very nice! A welcomed addition to the home!

Got an lg 42 the picture is fine on normal bluray but trying to sort it on the 3d got a 1.4 high speed hdmi but some bits still look blurry like the popup menu when you search scenes

Have you updated your Firmware? I had that issue with my TV where the bottom 1/3 or so wouldn't be '3D' (and was especially noticable when the menu was on the bottom of the screen). I updated the firmware and it fixed the issue.

Do you know the actual model number of your TV? I'll dig up some calibration settings if I can.

Back