1/6 Saint Seiya Cloth Crown Sagittarius Seiya

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monger

Super Freak
Reaction score
You guys hear about this? Bandai is making a 1/6th scale Saint Seiya figure that is fully posable and still includes diecast armor. To make things even more interesting, AmiAmi has it up for about the same price as your typical RAH figure. Considering the diecast, it sounds like a good deal to me. I wonder how strong the body is as it is bound to be quite heavy.

FIG-IPN-1867_01.jpg

FIG-IPN-1867_02.jpg

FIG-IPN-1867_03.jpg

FIG-IPN-1867_05.jpg

FIG-IPN-1867_06.jpg

FIG-IPN-1867_07.jpg

At the very least, it comes with what looks to be four face sculpts and at least two full head sculpts, a special base, the bow, and removable armor. It seems like a nice package to me and at a good price.

I really want this, but I'm afraid to preorder it or get it day one in the fear that it might be a total disaster. The normal myth cloth lineup falls to pieces if you even look at it and their balancing isn't too good. DX Chogokin tend to be 99% plastic and 90% garbage (except the newest Macross Frontier stuff). With track records like that it can be hard to really trust Bandai to pull through.

Yeah, not my thing, but can definitely appreciate the complexity. I'd say go for it if you like the series. Most 1/6 figures just end up in one pose anyway, so even if the body is terrible it will still probably look cool on display.

And if it totally sucks just return it, or sell it quickly on eBay. Sometimes the risk of loosing a bit of money on a new figure is worth it to satisfy your curiosity.

I know nothing at all about this character but that does look really cool, especially the Pic of him with him standing with his bow & arrow (2nd Pic down). If I where a fan though it would be a must have & I'd definitely take the risk!!

Last edited:
Oh and for those unfamiliar with Saint Seiya or the Myth Cloth lineup (which this seems to just be a 1/6 scale version of), the armor is added onto a base posable figure and some armor is plastic while the rest is diecast. The amount of diecast depends greatly on the character. Some like Taurus are mostly diecast so he ends up being ridiculously heavy (more than Chogokin) while others aren't as much. Anyway, that armor can be used on another body meant to replicate the armor's natural appearance, which is of a constellation form. That's what the bottom picture is of. So you can either have this figure in human form or armor form is a way to put it I guess. If you go with putting the armor like in the bottom picture, it makes for a nice display and you still have a separate posable figure. Unfortunately, historically the Myth Cloth figures look like gutter trash without their armor on.

I love Saint Seiya. Great ending theme song. I loved how there armor and storylines dealt with Greek and Asgard mythology. I always was really impressed with their smaller figures and the detail and the sheer number of character that Bandai did. This may be a buy.

Last edited:
Yeah I love Saint Seiya too. It has a classic feel to it. I love a lot of the classic shounen series such as Hokuto no Ken and Kinnikuman. I'm looking forward to seeing how this Crown lineup ends up going especially since this is definitely a new thing for Bandai. I wonder if Medicom is involved at all? I also wonder how many Bandai plans to do. Starting with Sagittarius makes me think they mean to do the Gold Saints first, which is good since it means this lineup will go quite in depth.

Oh and those who are not a fan of the heavy emphasis on the gold coloring may still want to keep an eye out on this lineup. While the Gold Saints all have gold plated armor, there are also Saints of other kinds as well as warriors for characters like Hades and Poseidon, of which have very different colored armor.

Speaking of which, I hope they do a Poseidon in this lineup. It would be awesome to have a 1/6 scale throne.

Yeah I love Saint Seiya too. It has a classic feel to it. I love a lot of the classic shounen series such as Hokuto no Ken and Kinnikuman. I'm looking forward to seeing how this Crown lineup ends up going especially since this is definitely a new thing for Bandai. I wonder if Medicom is involved at all? I also wonder how many Bandai plans to do. Starting with Sagittarius makes me think they mean to do the Gold Saints first, which is good since it means this lineup will go quite in depth.

Oh and those who are not a fan of the heavy emphasis on the gold coloring may still want to keep an eye out on this lineup. While the Gold Saints all have gold plated armor, there are also Saints of other kinds as well as warriors for characters like Hades and Poseidon, of which have very different colored armor.

Speaking of which, I hope they do a Poseidon in this lineup. It would be awesome to have a 1/6 scale throne.

Oh yeah. I've love the Fist of the Northstar figures that Medicom put out, I have them all. You watch these shows and you can see the progression of Anime from the early 80's into the 90's. As you can guess I am a huge Dragonball fan and Saint Seiya and Hokuto no Ken and Kinnikuman and even Hokuto no Ken 2 are right up mmy alley.

I am really digging this figure but if they put him back in the original silver armor I'd be really excited.

I love Saint Seiya and I think this new Sagittarius Saint looks good with Seiya's face, but there is something wrong about Aiolos's face that I can't tell exactly what it is...

I love Saint Seiya and I think this new Sagittarius Saint looks good with Seiya's face, but there is something wrong about Aiolos's face that I can't tell exactly what it is...

It looks pretty derpy to me. I think it's the eyes. They don't look right and the distance between them doesn't seem right either.

I just remember the smaller scale figures having weak joints. I can see these ones having crappy joints after a couple of weeks. Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I'm wrong.

I quit collecting Myth Cloths a couple of years ago but these look really nice. Although I agree Aioros' face needs some improvement because it is not like they haven't nailed his likeness before.

Aioros Appendix:
:rock
Appendix+Sagi+2.jpg
Vs.
FIG-IPN-1867_05.jpg
:monkey4

I just remember the smaller scale figures having weak joints. I can see these ones having crappy joints after a couple of weeks. Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm just afraid of loose joints. I feel like Bandai already has a big enough problem with them with their smaller figures as well as their other large figures, but add the diecast armor on and it just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Man, I just found out about this and came to see if anyone was talking about it here. I have been waiting for a 12" Saint Seiya series for ages now. I grew up watching the show (It was HUGE in Brazil) and always wanted to collect the figures. With all that being said I dont think I will be getting this one. It would be too much trying to collect all those characters so I'll have to stick with only getting my favorites (here's hoping for Shura and Shiryū).

BBTS has it for preorder already.

For Bandai's first jump into the whole 1/6 thing, this seems really good. Just looking at the pictures it makes the figure look fantastic. I still wonder if it was part of the Bandai Medicom team thing, but wouldn't they have said so?

And someone had mentioned the idea of just buying it because I could always sell it for pretty much the same price or sometimes more. While I don't think that's true for most Japanese figures, I am also starting to see the truth in those words for this hobby in general. I feel like most of my figure related regrets come from waiting as opposed to impulse buying.

It's just that Bandai figures are always misleading. They look great on display, but then they have super loose joints, parts fall off, poor paint application, low accessories, a bunch of web exclusive stuff, etc.. Their DX Chogokin lineup is a great example of something looking good and actually being gutter trash. Then there's that WarGreyMon D-Arts, which has joints so loose that it's unusable. While I feel like Bandai has been good about their Saint Seiya lineup and seems to go for the best quality with them, I still fear for something like this. It doesn't help that Bandai won't really make it up to their buyers either. The most they will do is release another version of the figure at full price or some overpriced web exclusive that fixes parts of it.

Damn, I agree with EVERYTHING you have said.

For Bandai's first jump into the whole 1/6 thing, this seems really good. Just looking at the pictures it makes the figure look fantastic. I still wonder if it was part of the Bandai Medicom team thing, but wouldn't they have said so?

My guess is that Bandai is seeing how people are going crazy over the 12 inch figures and decided to jump in the wagon. 12" is popular these days, mostly because of Hot Toys. However, as good as this is, it doesn't come close to the style of Medicom and Hot Toys. It lacks the realistic body style and real clothing. I would love to see a Medicom (DBZ Style) type figure for the Saint Seiya franchise.

And someone had mentioned the idea of just buying it because I could always sell it for pretty much the same price or sometimes more. While I don't think that's true for most Japanese figures, I am also starting to see the truth in those words for this hobby in general. I feel like most of my figure related regrets come from waiting as opposed to impulse buying.

Exactly! Just recently I was looking into possibly getting some of the Medicom Evangelion figures. While I can still find most figures for the standard price, Shinji's price has skyrocketed through the roof. It was the first one made and now its simply impossible to find.

It's just that Bandai figures are always misleading. They look great on display, but then they have super loose joints, parts fall off, poor paint application, low accessories, a bunch of web exclusive stuff, etc..
Yeah, loose joints were a problem ever since the first Saint Seiya figure came out. Same with parts falling out. They die cast is just too much for them some times.

Their DX Chogokin lineup is a great example of something looking good and actually being gutter trash. Then there's that WarGreyMon D-Arts, which has joints so loose that it's unusable. While I feel like Bandai has been good about their Saint Seiya lineup and seems to go for the best quality with them, I still fear for something like this. It doesn't help that Bandai won't really make it up to their buyers either. The most they will do is release another version of the figure at full price or some overpriced web exclusive that fixes parts of it.
Right again. Right now there is a lot of people angry at these new lines (considering they have finished the other lines yet).Take a look at my attachments.

All in All I'll keep an eye on this line. Might get a couple of figures. Still waiting for the real cloathing, Medicom type body figure though. Hope it happens one day.

Back