Best option for 1/6 ANH Luke Tunic?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I can't say I was ever really satisfied with the Shirt that the ANH Luke shipped with. To me this is the Iconic Luke of my collection, yet the shirt bugs me to no end.

I remember the tunic from the prototype pictures looks really good.

Does anyone have any idea what material might have been used for the prototype?

Has anyone changed the shirt to match closer to the look on screen? If so what did you use?

I have looked into the older Hasbro figures but I’m not too sure about them either.

It seems to me that the shirt should be Whiter versus the Tan color ?

Don’t know if this was addressed before but I didn’t find much in the search.

My problem with it was the seam that made it look more like a karate gi than a tunic. I tried removing that and still may finish that, then folding the part with the holes underneath and using some fabric glue to attach it.

I think there was an ultimate 12" Luke released by Hasbro that some people took the Tunic from. It was one of the last 12" Hasbro releases, I think part of the "vintage" series.

Don't know if it actually looks better in person, but probably doesn't look any worse.

Was that the OTC Luke?

I think there was an ultimate 12" Luke released by Hasbro that some people took the Tunic from. It was one of the last 12" Hasbro releases, I think part of the "vintage" series.

Don't know if it actually looks better in person, but probably doesn't look any worse.

I've always wanted to replaced the tunic on mine too. A water treatment helps but, I agree, the color and texture of the fabric isn't right.

I've always wanted to replaced the tunic on mine too. A water treatment helps but, I agree, the color and texture of the fabric isn't right.

It definitely should have been the texture of a bed sheet. Maybe take a tunic apart and use the parts as a pattern. Cut the parts from a white bed sheet and then sew them together. Hmmmmm, I might try this.

I remember seeing pics of the original prototype tunic and it looked fantastic. But since we didn't get that, my Luke is wearing the poncho permanently. (or until a better tunic replacement comes around.)

Back