Star Wars Convention in Orlando 2012? And Not C6??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shropt

My Little Mod
Reaction score
A friend of mine in the Orlando Convention Visitors Bureau leaked that there may be a Star Wars Convention in Orlando, FL in 2012. And the most interesting thing is they are saying it isn't Celebration 6 but something to commemerate the release of the Blu-rays.

Anyone else heard this?

A friend of mine in the Orlando Convention Visitors Bureau leaked that there may be a Star Wars Convention in Orlando, FL in 2012. And the most interesting thing is they are saying it isn't Celebration 6 but something to commemerate the release of the Blu-rays.

Anyone else heard this?

Nope, but I could believe it.

You mean the 3D movies, right?!?!

I find it strange that they'd do a separate convention for the blu-rays or 3-D movies. It's not like LFL really needs a reason to have a convention but I just think its weird that it wouldn't be a Celebration 6 scenario.

I just stated it the way I heard it. 2012 actually marks the 3D release of TPM and the 35th anniversary of ANH too.

Hmm, I am sure Carl will chime in on this but I don't see them doing it till 2013 with JEDI's anniversary.

They announced at Celebration 5, that Celebration 6 would be in 2012. So this sounds accurate.

Anyone else heard this?

Lucas has signed an agreement for 3 conventions in Orlando and yes the next one is slated for 2012 and not 2013 for the anniversary of Jedi.

If it's an official convention it most likely will be Celebration VI.

Reed will likely be making an official announcement on when/where C6 will take place within the next 4-5 weeks. That means it's almost sure to be in 2012. That, along with Shropt's info and the fact that C5 was universally considered to be the most successful of them all, leads me to think Orlando may indeed be it again, despite that statement from Reed that "the location may surprise you."

We'll know for sure this Summer.

I've yet to make it to a Celebration and I'm going to do my best to get there this year.

This time I will make sure I see Shropt in his armor and IrishJedi's R2 unit. :lecture

I second that!

:hi5::hi5:

armorf11.jpg

If this is really going to happen, and it sounds like it is, I will be there. :lecture

Cannot wait to meet all of you guys/gals in person, especially after missing CV. I also echo what Waller said - seeing Shropt in his Trooper gear and IrishJedi's R2 will be well worth the trip!

Now I'm really starting to get stoked for this!!!

Back