Feet for the Pro body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexmann

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys

I love the Pro body, I know I read a lot of negs about it and many prefer Hot Toys, but I think that once dressed, the proportions of the Prometheus body are pretty good and it's easy to dress/customize, except for thing that's driving me a little cooko.

With this said, I'm not happy about not having feet on my figures. Call me crazy, but I like a representation of the human body to have its basic parts. I also find that not having feet limits what we can do with these figures in terms of customs and what not since we are limited in the boots/shoes/footwear available.

Does anyone know if these bodies can be fitted with feet from other companies?

Sorry if this is a repost, I did a search and couldn't find a prior thread on the topic and I am kinda new here...

Looking forward to your answers,

Best

Alain
Montreal, QC

Hi Alain , have you tried the feet from the Sideshow Buck body ? I have successfully managed to attach some onto a couple of pro bodies.

What sucks is you need pro ankles to even use buck feet. Wish SS woils have go with HT style ankle and feet as these are easy and cheap to come by.

I tried using the feet and joint from an older Hot Toys figure tonight and it fits/clicks just fine, but it's really loose and the feet spin around in the socket like fans.

You can tell that the Prometheus pin was more than likely styled/based on that pin/ball part, but the pro one is slightly larger in diameter.

So OK then, I'll try boiling a pair of Pro boots to extract the pin and see if Buck feet would work.

I with Sideshow made their figures more accessible to customizers, I would certainly pick up doubles to do customs and stuff. Sucks.

I tried using the feet and joint from an older Hot Toys figure tonight and it fits/clicks just fine, but it's really loose and the feet spin around in the socket like fans.

You can tell that the Prometheus pin was more than likely styled/based on that pin/ball part, but the pro one is slightly larger in diameter.

So OK then, I'll try boiling a pair of Pro boots to extract the pin and see if Buck feet would work.

I with Sideshow made their figures more accessible to customizers, I would certainly pick up doubles to do customs and stuff. Sucks.

I don't think SSC would sell loose Pro bodies for less than $30 and for $12 more most people would probably just buy the True Type. I love the TT but honestly, for most uses the Pro is a great body.

So I tried to fit the Buck feet on the Pro bodies like suggested. It's just weird. The skin color doesn't match at all and I tried several different ones I have here. Back to the drawing board on this one...

I don't think SSC would sell loose Pro bodies for less than $30 and for $12 more most people would probably just buy the True Type. I love the TT but honestly, for most uses the Pro is a great body.

Yeah I agree, it wouldn't make much sense for Sideshow to sell Pros for less than $30, if not more and since the True Types are super popular, I think folks would just pass on them. I think with the current trends, they would probably include a generic head with it too like Hot Toys does and there just would be no point. There are just too many different companies doing nude bodies at the moment, it's getting stupid.

How about an accessory pack then? Wouldn't that be cool? It could have a pair of feet, various boots with bent toes and maybe a set of bending feet too. I'd also include a set of two of replacement pegs, I've broken two pros so far while i was trying to pose them, no fun. This way I think I would be more inclined to use their products to make my customs as it would keep my shelves more consistent. Just a a thought...

Yea, there are only a few SS figures that came with Pro feet. Cobra Commander and a couple Star Wars figures.

It would be cool if someone sculpted some nice looking feet that could be used for barefoot customs. Maybe have an assortment of karate feet poses that had the ankle built into the sculpt and they could be plugged right into the calf joint. You'd still see a seam, but no ugly ball joint.

It would be cool if someone sculpted some nice looking feet that could be used for barefoot customs. Maybe have an assortment of karate feet poses that had the ankle built into the sculpt and they could be plugged right into the calf joint. You'd still see a seam, but no ugly ball joint.

Wait for Quick Kick. :lol

Back