What PF do you want next in the BTVS line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy folks! I'm bored, so I figured I'd throw out the question of
what would you like to be the next PF in the BTVS line to be?

Mine would be Cordelia, followed up by Willow. Other than that,
I don't care as much about many other characters in PF format.
The vamp Willow would be a really neat PF if done right I think. :monkey5 :monkey3

What PF would you like to see next? :confused:

JS :)

Tough one. It'd be hard for me to justify another PF after Buffy, unless it were a monster. So, the Judge, the Master maybe?

I'd buy a Dark Willow pf.

Well, which character has been made in almost as many 12" versions as Buffy and still commands high dollars on ebay?

But personally I want to see Darth Rosenberg as a PF, or some other power-excited Willow.

Darklord Dave said:
Well, which character has been made in almost as many 12" versions as Buffy and still commands high dollars on ebay?

Spike!

Yeah, I'd get one if they did a decent likeness of him in that format. :D

Cordelia would be awesome. :drool :drool followed with couple of monsters like:

i_robot.jpg

really looks cool :D

Wel the next PF I want is without a doubt Angel from Angel. I think the two would just go perfectly together and sum up the two shows in a single PF each. Iconic I guess.

But if this only extends to btvs then I would have to go with possibley Spike as he created a wonderful dynamic and character in both shows or Willow or Faith. Its too hard! But they'd be my picks.
Villian would be The Mayor, Poor old Wilkins needs some SS treatment.

I doubt it would be a one episode monster or even Skip. Would have to be a significant hero/villain such as Angel, Spike, Willow, Faith. Considering they started the 12" line with Buffy and Angel...

But of course there may not even BE a next PF if Buffy doesn't start selling better...

Whaddaya mean Dave! The exclusive has been sold out for a while now,
and the regular edition has been on low alert with only 50 left now. I think
that when this arrives to people, many who hesitated will kick themselves,
because I think it looks beautiful just from the pictures, and I've got to
believe that the actual item in front of me will look even more amazing.
(still though the hair is a bit funky, and I wish they'd modify it a smidge)

I think if the Buffy PF line starts rolling, people will looking for this first
one, due to the low edition size, coupled with the fact that it is BUFFY! :monkey5

All of coure my humble uneducated speculation........... :confused: :cool:

JS :D

I was kind of referring to the low edition size in the first place. I'd have loved for her to have warranted a 2500 edition size. That would have given me far more confidence in the line.

I see. I'm kind of surprised it isn't sold out yet, as BTVS collectors
seem to be a dedicated lot, much like LOTR & Star Wars collectors.

I hope the BTVS PF line continues, at least for the two that I want. :D :monkey5

JS :)

I think sometimes it is a dangerous business to offer two formats for one license. Collectors tend to be loyal to only one format. And I also think that the PFs are getting the reputation of being much cheaper on the secondary market. We've seen that with all of the Star Wars PF offerings.

I didn't preorder the PF Buffy for many reasons. There is NO shortage of Sideshow stuff to preorder (12" lines of Star Wars, LOTR and Buffy/Angel). And I've decided that collecting PFs eats up too much money and space. :monkey4

Yet, if I like her, I'll keep an eye on her on the secondary market. :D

I'd like a baddie for my Buffy, and I think The Master would make a nice companion piece.

But you just know it's going to be Spike.

anyk_bnnr.jpg

I would disagree that a license can't support two or more different lines. A lot of collectors are very snobby and won't consider a 12" figure but fall all over the PFs. And there are the suckers like me that buy everything.

I could be off base here but I think part of the slow PF Buffy sales have been due to the fact that it entered into a new price bracket for most Buffy collectors. With very few exception most of the Buffy collectibles have been on the lower end of the price spectrum so the PF is asking a lot of collectors who haven't already ventured into PF through some other line.

Kind of saw the same thing with the first PF SW offerings. Of course with SW there were higher price collectibles but most collectors were skeptical at first about what a PF was and decided if they were going to spend that kind of dough it would be on Attakus. Of course after the first couple started shipping the format has caught on.

I hope it's like JS said and once Buffy starts shipping people will realize how great this format is and we will see some more offerings.

Good point oxbeard- there really haven't been any highend Buffy collectibles before the Factory X props and now the SSC PF. Buffy fans haven't had years to prepare for high ticket items like Marvel statue buyers and SW MR fans.

But once they see the higher quality stuff, they'll be hooked (not talking about the Factory X stuff, which has been substandard for the price).

I don't know that BTVs has the same appeal as LOTR for me in terms of the PF. These are the only two lines that I will be collecting PF figures from, and for LOTR I plan on getting the fellowship and a couple notable baddies (Saruman, Lurtz, Ringwraith, Orc). Buffy seems to be the extent of the PF line for me, as the line would get to large for my display space and pocketbook if it were to include the scoobies, Giles, Spike, etc... I think Buffy is a nice iconic character, and maybe Angel down the line, but I would hesitate getting a shelf full of BTVS PF. I think the more ornate costumes and designs for LOTR work better on the larger, shinier scale.

The next PF Buffy figure has to be Angel. Hey, the ladies need their PF Hunk as well. :D

I'm hoping that once Buffy/Angel collectors see the quality of this high end item, it will bring them to the PF table. I know the Exclusive Buffy has sold out but the regular still hasn't and the edition size isn't that large. Plus the price isn't unreasonable for a high end item. That's what gives me the uneasy feeling with the line. I highly doubt we'll see another PF Buffy/Angel until they see how this one is received including cancellations, etc.

After Buffy I would want another Buffy.
How neat would it be to have a buffy from every season.(but that would be pricey)

If not another buffy,then i would like angel or the master.

But not a spike,he gets to much merchandise as it is and hes not even a good character.

hes not even a good character.

Wha?!!!? **splutter**! ..not...a...good..? Why I oughta....!

After Willow, Spike is my favorite character, his development was rivalled only by hers. Give me Spike and Willow over Angel and Buffy any day!

Back