Has anybody attempted to "shorten" a True Type?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello guys,
So, I'll be starting a new project soon, that requires an HT True Type but my character needs to be about 10 1/2 inches tall, so... I'm wondering if anybody has tried to shorten a TT before.

I thought about cutting down the thighs, but I don't know how weird it might look... the main problem is that I'm using a Whiplash body, so the torso is exposed...

Any suggestions?

:duff

I was wondering the same thing for a Penguin kitbash. I thought I saw a picture of a shortened body on a Betomatali thread. I'll look for it.

If you shorten the legs, you will also need to shorten the arms if you don't want the figure to look like a gorilla.

I've never shortened a figure myself, but in the pictures I've seen, the usual method is to take out a slice of the thigh and the calf. On the arms, you would need to take out a piece of the bicep and the forearm. You need to do two slices for each limb to keep the knee in the right place between the hip and ankle for the legs and the elbow in the right place between the shoulder and wrist for the arms.

Just use a Slim TT. They are much shorter than a standard TT. Plus if you use the STARS ankle pegs, you shed even more height off. That's what I used for Rorschach.

Evolution :rotfl
:lol

If you shorten the legs, you will also need to shorten the arms if you don't want the figure to look like a gorilla.

I've never shortened a figure myself, but in the pictures I've seen, the usual method is to take out a slice of the thigh and the calf. On the arms, you would need to take out a piece of the bicep and the forearm. You need to do two slices for each limb to keep the knee in the right place between the hip and ankle for the legs and the elbow in the right place between the shoulder and wrist for the arms.

That makes sense... not sure if I wanna do it... since I'm using one of the newer muscular trutypes...

Just use a Slim TT. They are much shorter than a standard TT. Plus if you use the STARS ankle pegs, you shed even more height off. That's what I used for Rorschach.

Yeah the problem is I need the torso exposed, and my guy isn't slim at all... :lol

photos-machete-star-danny-6647-0.jpg

BTW those STARS ankles, are those from the RE figures?
Got a pic?

Thanks for the input guys!

Sounds a bit extreme, duck. Couldn't be possible to cut a bit from the legs and just pull the pants up a little? We're not talking about big differences anyway, at most 2cm.

STARS ankle peg in the box, regular on the right:

chrisboots.jpg

I would just go with how tall Machete is supposed to be rather than how tall Trejo really is. 5 foot nothin' ain't all that intimidating. :lol

There really is no way to shorten the legs without making him oddly proportioned. Make them too short and he would just look odd.

Back