Series Cancellations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praxitas

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry if this is talked about elsewhere I didn't see a thread:

ABC : as suspected for some time, it’s over for the Walkers. ABC officially canceled the family drama “Brothers & Sisters” on Friday, reports Deadline.com.

ABC has also pulled the plug on its remake of “V” after two seasons.

The series slaughter doesn’t end there: Also canceled are “Off the Map,” “Mr. Sunshine,” “Better with You,” “No Ordinary Family,” and “Detroit 1-8-7.”

NBC: Officially Axed:

“The Event” — widely considered a bust — was officially canceled Friday, according to Deadline.com, along with the struggling and revamped-to-no-avail “Law & Order: Los Angeles.”

FOX:

“Traffic Light” — The freshmen comedy about relationships, which was based on an Israeli format.

“Human Target” — The sophomore drama based on the DC comics graphic novel starring Mark Valley and Chi McBride

“Lie to Me” – The Tim Roth drama, which has lasted three seasons

Breaking In” – Christian Slater just can’t win. This marks his third TV series in a row to get canceled (following NBC’s “My Own Worst Enemy” and ABC’s “The Forgotten”). The freshmen comedy actually wasn’t doing poorly in the ratings, so the network might have some ’splaining to do.

The Chicago Code” – The well received freshmen cop drama from Shawn Ryan (”the Shield”) starring Jennifer Beals and Jason Clarke.

I knew V wasn't coming back, I was totally prepared for that one. I guess we'll never get a conclusion. Only other ones I watched were The Event and No Ordinary Family, and I had already given up on them both.

Lie to me was the only one of those I watched... too bad to see that one go. It was pretty good. Sadly what this all means is probably..... more reality shows. :(

Kind of expected for "V" to get pulled, but was hoping for one last season to finish out the story. If the 2nd season was half as good as the season finale we wouldn't have had to worry.

Suprised to see Mr. Sunshine get the axe so fast. The couple times I watched it I thought it was a decent comedy. I don't know what kind of ratings it was pulling though.

Gave up on a few of those a while ago (V, Lie To Me, The Event) and the rest never got my attention. The only one that I s'pose is a pain is Off The Map, but that's only because my wife liked it.

My sister loved watching The Event. She tried to get me into it but I would have none of it. :lol I guess I made the right choice.

dammit................i liked traffic light.............it had very clever writing. ah ____ it................im still reeling from terriers getting canceled last year so my sympathy level only reaches so far.......:pfft:.

Actually enjoyed Human Target, surprised they cancelled it, it actually had pretty decent ratings. It just goes to show you that FOX has no clue other than it's love of American Idol :(

Soon most major network tv will consist of non-scripted reality TV, crime procedurals and single set half hour comedies :(

Evan

The only ones I cared at all about were The Chicago Code and Breaking In. Sorry to see The Chicago Code go ... it was a very good cop drama.

Word is they may actually end up re-upping Breaking In. Michael Rosenbaum is a riot in that one.

SnakeDoc

Back