Hot Toys POTC Newsletter, history + hint of the future for the line (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Received a rather cool item in the post earlier in the week.
It has a potted history of the figures released so far and snippets of news about the DX Jack Sparrow, pics below-

POTC1.jpg

POTC2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys POTC Newsletter, history of the line (pics)

i see it says hot toys will continue to release more collectibles of captain jack sparrow from the pirates of the caribbean series and other characters from stranger tides

Maybe we'll get another Jack without all the blond, x mark on the face and other subtle differences from the new film.

I hope they release Angelica and a new Elizabeth Swann but i'm afraid they probably won't do Liz and Will anymore.

They could mean that if they continue the series with a fifth film etc.

Given the poll we got today, its a safebet that Hot Toys has really dug themselves in deep and needs to get those licenses moving before they lose them.

I can't imagine they'd go back and redo other Jacks right now given the only differance would be the lack of the x on his face and a little less gear(mom's shrunken head etc). And this is a DX, without PERS etc, would they even stack up? They would literally be lesser figures then this, why would they waste time, and why would you want it?

Frankly given how pissed people seem to be over the lack of news on Indy, Avatar, and now Superman which it seems they maynot have even started, I'd say they straight up can't afford to.

They could mean that if they continue the series with a fifth film etc.

Given the poll we got today, its a safebet that Hot Toys has really dug themselves in deep and needs to get those licenses moving before they lose them.

I can't imagine they'd go back and redo other Jacks right now given the only differance would be the lack of the x on his face and a little less gear(mom's shrunken head etc). And this is a DX, withour PERS etc, would they even stack up?

Frankly given how pissed people seem to be over the lack of news on Indy, Avatar, and now Superman which it seems they maynot have even started, I'd say they straight up can't afford to.

Deckard what did the pole say exactly? was it just assumption it was done to insinuate they want people to tell them which lisence to finish first or was it just done to hype people up since it's been awhile since they announced those lines and have not shown anything,

any 50 bucks says they had superman all done but when they realized their new poster child is a star at sculpting Bruce Lee only and sucked it big time on Indy they are really being critical of the sculpt and refining it to get it right before they show it and shoot themself in the foot.

The Avatar thing was a huge fail on their part... yeah lets focus on Tron but ignore the biggest thing in 2010.. now that the hypes done does anyone really care about Avatar anymore anyway?

Ray it was basically a what are you most excited about but in all honestly doesn't that seem pretty dumb? Sounds like a load to me. Like Captain Harlock or whatever has a chance against Superman or Batman? :lol And they aren't showing us the results so who knows if its even real. Either its a load or they really need some native english speakers over at hot toys to clue them in on what sells here in the U.S.

Agreed they missed the Avatar wave bigtime, probably cost themselves 30-50% of their overall sales or more from the hype dying down. Indy is a massive fail as is Arnie Kim, and every single release has plagued their facebook page with about 20 nice job and 2000 wheres superman comments. And now they ask if were excited about Superman or Captain Harlock? In my best Billy Bob Thorton voice I can only ask "What the ____?"

They are killing themselves with this Sweeney Todd ____, instead of capitalizing on markets that are hot and limited in their time of influence. (Suckers Punch)

Back