Southland (NBC/TNT)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devil_666

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anybody else watching this?

I remember all the hype for it on NBC. I caught a little of the first episode and wasn't really interested so I skipped it. Then I heard it got canceled. I just recently started watching it on TNT.

On-Demand has this free-tv thing where you can watch shows/episodes from certain networks and while crawling around there I found it and watched most of the third season (seasons 2 and 3 aired on TNT after NBC canceled it).

Been checking out the rest of the seasons/episodes online. Season 3 just ended and TNT renewed it for a fourth season.

Cool show.

Yeah, from what I read NBC thought it was too much for a 9pm time slot. Plus the ratings weren't that good.

Two things cable doesn't give a ____ about. :lol

Anyone else been watching the new season? I ____ing love this show.

Regina King's Det. Adams is the moral center of the show for sure. Thought rookie Ben Sherman might be the focal point in the first two seasons, but they've really made him unlikable and a womanizer. An interesting progression of his character, I would not be surprised if the writers turned him into a dirty cop. The one thing I love about this show is you can never predict the where the story is headed.

Regina King's Det. Adams is the moral center of the show for sure. Thought rookie Ben Sherman might be the focal point in the first two seasons, but they've really made him unlikable and a womanizer. An interesting progression of his character, I would not be surprised if the writers turned him into a dirty cop. The one thing I love about this show is you can never predict the where the story is headed.

I'm also intrigued by where they're going with the Sherman character arc. The show does an excellent job of humanizing all of the characters, giving you glimpses into their moral fabric by peeling back layers. In fact, Adams is probably my least favorite character, because she has the least of that going on.

I love the fact that the show is so unpredictable, it gives every scene and character interaction this feeling of...tension. And when the unexpected does happen, it makes it that much more explosive.

I'm also intrigued by where they're going with the Sherman character arc. The show does an excellent job of humanizing all of the characters, giving you glimpses into their moral fabric by peeling back layers. In fact, Adams is probably my least favorite character, because she has the least of that going on.

I love the fact that the show is so unpredictable, it gives every scene and character interaction this feeling of...tension. And when the unexpected does happen, it makes it that much more explosive.

Agreed...this show has hit new grounds in realism for a police show. I actually have a hard time watching the rebooted Hawaii Five-o because the plots and character developments feels like it was being written in the 80's (and I live in Hawaii so that's hard for me to admit).

Do you remember the episode from the last season when Adams and her female partner had to go into a warehouse to confront that ex-employee who was shooting up the place? The tension and drama was unbelievable. The only time I remember feeling that antsy was the poker scene in Training Day when Denzel set up Ethan for the kill.

By the way, wondering what happened to the blonde female partner of C.Thomas Howell or the Lt. in charge of the detectives (he was having an affair with a reporter).

This is one of my wife and I's favorite show. Favorite is Cooper and all the ____ that has been going on in his life. Wonder if his lifestyle is going to play more of a major role later on. The wife hate Howell's character, but he plays that role to the hilt.

Another intense, well acted episode last night! If anyone wondered if John Cooper is fully healthy and ready for duty, well...doubt no longer. His dealings with the jumper is so gut wrenching, it's tough to watch at times.

I just recently started watching this and I'm really liking it. I feel though that perhaps I should hold off on watching any more so I can start from the beginning. There's so much backstory that I am missing out on.

I just recently started watching this and I'm really liking it. I feel though that perhaps I should hold off on watching any more so I can start from the beginning. There's so much backstory that I am missing out on.

Good idea Jen...the character arcs are very well written and often surprising. Ben McKenzie started out as a real nice guy wanting to be a good police officer. His attitude has really taken a turn for the worse this season. But I like the fact that change is constant in this series, you never know what to expect in any given episode.

Back