Imaresqd1 1989 Joker Paint Up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

small_studios

Super Freak
Reaction score
2r22b7o.png

ibb8f9.jpg

2z7g96w.png

9svte8.png

dblg91.png

35a2lol.png

Just an all around excellent sculpt from Adam. The likeness is dead on Nicholson with just the right amount of detail. Very fun to paint up. Enjoy.

I said it before and i'll say it again. There is NO WAY HTs Nicholson will top this sculpt. Shows even more with this level of paint quality.

Thats quite amazing the detail and shades of green for the hair. The other amazing part is the paint apps are so professional you'd swear it was factory made?

Hot Toys, the bar has been set and its HIGH! :rock

Thats quite amazing the detail and shades of green for the hair. The other amazing part is the paint apps are so professional you'd swear it was factory made?

Comments like those motivate me to keep pushing forward with new techniques and give the best quality paint jobs im capable of. :yess:

Thanks for the support :duff

Josh paints the prototypes that the factories then attempt to replicate...but ultimately fail miserably. :lol There isn't a factory out there that can hold a candle to Josh's work, IMO.

I get what you're saying though :peace

My favourite part on the first photo is how he has done the hair. It honestly looks like he added a gradient but it's really not or it doesn't appear that way as it's so subtle from when you see the side on photos.

I think the way he has pulled that off is the way he's done the darker shades of green in the deeper parts of the sculpt because of that it's flawless.

You know how on a bright sunny day when you look at some peoples hair if they've added some gel to it, from the front as you talk to them the sides are nearly black due to how condensed their hair is from being clamped, or a much darker colour to their hair. Yet when they turn away the colour changes due to the thickness of their hair. Thats quite an impressive painting technique. I honestly wouldn't have thought to try it.

Back