Inclusive Edition on next SW 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me like. Although I still bet the servers will got crazy the first minute its up. Wonder who it could be.

So.... this means there COULD be like a edition size of like 5000 for the "exclusive" version of the next Star Wars figure. It's kinda hard to grasp my mind around this. So... basically it means, "better order it quick before it's too late! No time to dilly dally!" I'm not a huge fan of that I guess. They better not do this for many items, since they might literally end up making like only 10 of something. Who knows.

so will there even be an exclusive and regular edition? or will all the inclusive edition figures include an extra accessory?

Sounds like to me then whoever orders during the specific time sets the ES for the whole piece. So say they make the time 1 hour on the next SW piece and 1000 people order then that will be the ES. I like this as this will hurt those that like to flip pieces on a consistant basis.

nash said:
so will there even be an exclusive and regular edition? or will all the inclusive edition figures include an extra accessory?

I am guessing the inclusive is the exact same thing as the exclusive just a different way of ordering them. After the exclusive time frame runs out the regular will pop up.

I assume this replaces the Priority Preorder. So now we have a set time (say 2 hours) to order our figure and however many are ordered in that time, that's the exclusive edition size. Is that correct?

The good thing is that as long as you are available to order in that window, you're guaranteed to get a figure. No more panic from slow servers.

So because of this, next week's figure must be MAUL -- SS doesn't want anyone to miss out on this guy.

I wonder how big the window will be...

an hour? a day? 2-3 days?

one things for sure: all the exclusive figures announced up to this point will be more valuable as the edition sizes will go up. A LOT!

Sure as hell sounds like a SITH is around the corner.:chew :chew :chew

:emperor :emperor WA HA HA HA HA!!!

pitchin said:
so that means no PPO on the sw 12" line, just an order window?

I guess they could still do PPO. Say maybe a 2 hour window with the 1st hour PPO. Or something to that effect. I wonder realistically how big the window will be?

HA! I've been saying this sort of thing since I started posting! Alright! Either great minds think alike or SS has been listening to me whine!

Either way, thanks Sideshow.:chew :banana

gdb said:
HA! I've been saying this sort of thing since I started posting! Alright! Either great minds think alike or SS has been listening to me whine!

Either way, thanks Sideshow.:chew :banana

And we probably all laughed at you for thinking such a crazy idea. :D

It will not 'replace' the PPO, as it will only be available on certain, pre-chosen products. If an edition size is set prior to the pre-order beginning, I'm sure we will still run a PPO.

And yes, this has been introduced for items that you can only order from Sideshow - not regular edition items that you can buy in a store or from a distributor.

Also, Nerd, to address your question - it actually means LESS hurry up, buy now before it's too late, as you won't be competing against other collectors for a pre-set limited number. Basically, it's a timed exclusive - if you buy within ______ days, you will have your pre-order reserved, and you won't have to worry about re-adjusting your schedule to make sure you can be around at 10am on Fridays... don't worry, all of the required information will be announced with each item's preview and it's actually MUCH simpler than PPO :duff

not to mention this is more efficient for Sideshow as well

instead of guessing an edition size for less popular characters the market will dictate how big the run is. What I dont get yet is how the Wait List will factor in.

I think Sideshow also realized that by making the exclusives too limited they were cutting into their own profits.

Back