Scammed on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
Looks like I've been scammed on not one but TWO items bought from different sellers.

This despite both have nearly 100% positive feedback at the time I ordered its now been two month since I paid. Neither is replying to emails so I've bitten the bullet and raised a dispute. Both paid by paypal but outside the dispute period - unfortunately shipping to Oz from US sometimes takes 4 weeks so the 45 day limit for paypal disputes is easy to overrun.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6047553484&rd=1

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6047637983&rd=1

I still hold out some hope that its just a shipping delay (particularly for the werewolf OZ as he has a history of slow shipping) but its not looking good.

Yep. This is my third one this year - and my third on ever. The other one was for $100 of DVDs - About 100 of us lodged complaints with the NSW police but its gotten nowhere

That really sucks. Hopefully it is because of slow shipping and you'll still get them. It does seem like the guy who is selling the Werewolf Oz figure has a history of slow shippings.

I know what you're going through though because I had a bad experience with an auction I won. I did get my money back eventually but it took a long time.

The one thing I notice that you make no mention of, is that the items specifically state, on both auctions: "ships to United States, Canada."

We all make mistakes, and it looks like you made one. Did you email the sellers before hand to arrange this? It isn't much joy, and the sellers should re-imburse you. Go all out to get your money back at least.

Where do you get this 4 weeks to arrive from? Most items shipped via air get here within two weeks. If it goes on the boat, it can take two to four months for an item to arrive.

creecher said:
The one thing I notice that you make no mention of, is that the items specifically state, on both auctions: "ships to United States, Canada."

We all make mistakes, and it looks like you made one. Did you email the sellers before hand to arrange this? It isn't much joy, and the sellers should re-imburse you. Go all out to get your money back at least.

Where do you get this 4 weeks to arrive from? Most items shipped via air get here within two weeks. If it goes on the boat, it can take two to four months for an item to arrive.

Yes I did contact both before advising I was in Australia. And the shipping price I paid was appropriate for that. I've got stuff surface mail from the US and its normally 4-6 weeks. I've tried contacting both about 3 times to confirm date of dispatch so I would know roughly when to expect it and no reply. Two days in and no reply to the dispute either.

I have received items I bought after these from the States already (and paid about the same in shipping)

Shipped by Air takes about 3-4 days.

What I usually do is if I don't receive the item within 2 weeks, I e-mail the seller. If they do not respond back, I contact paypal and ebay. If they do respond back but no package within a week, contact paypal and provide proof.

LordAzrael said:
Looks like I've been scammed on not one but TWO items bought from different sellers.

I still hold out some hope that its just a shipping delay (particularly for the werewolf OZ as he has a history of slow shipping) but its not looking good.

Soooo sorry to hear this happened!

And I agree... it's going on two months since the auctions and no word. The seller of the Oz figure received a negative feedback a couple of weeks ago (after your auction) for not sending the item. The other neutral feedback were for slow shipping... but the buyers claimed to have waited a month. In your case it's been two.

I hope you get something in the mail soon! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Please keep us posted. :eek:

Don't worry about shipping time. If you open a dispute paypal will make them prove that they shipped the item. If they can't (because it was sent surface, so no traking) then paypal will automatically side with you and you'll get your money back. If the item then does show up, you should pay the guy back.

I was ripped off huge by a buyer in scotland because of ebay's policies regarding shipping. Not only did they give the buyer his money back...he got the damn items as well.

Paypal always sides with the buyer. If anyone even makes a whiff of a complaint or even if something looks wierd the seller's account will be frozen, they'll have to submit a ton of paperwork to prove they are who they say they are and they'll have to provide proof that they shipped the item.

Of course they have to provide this proof with no guarantee that paypal will release the funds that have been paid, so the the complaining buyer could easily get their money and the item, just because of paypal's practices.

Can you tell I HATE Paypal?:monkey4

Darklord Dave said:
Paypal always sides with the buyer. If anyone even makes a whiff of a complaint or even if something looks wierd the seller's account will be frozen, they'll have to submit a ton of paperwork to prove they are who they say they are and they'll have to provide proof that they shipped the item.

Of course they have to provide this proof with no guarantee that paypal will release the funds that have been paid, so the the complaining buyer could easily get their money and the item, just because of paypal's practices.

I hear you, man. They are awful. I wish some other paypal-type companies with better policies would pop up.

Filed disputes but they said not eligible as not lodged within 45 days. Oh well - live and learn. I haven't had much experience with BAD transactions.

Badism said:
I hear you, man. They are awful. I wish some other paypal-type companies with better policies would pop up.

I used to use a company called SendMoneyOrder.com but they got bought out by paypal. This was before paypal would let you send money from Australia.

Looks like the Werewolf Oz is on his way - so one down one to go.

Got my figures cross but at least I should get most of the money back from Ebay on the Kroenen if it doesn't arrive. I'd be surprised though cos the guy has pretty good feedback - including for a Master Replica's lightsaber that sold for $100 more than the Nazi Kroenen I bid.

I'm sure there's an explanation *Fingers Crossed*

Badism said:
Keep in mind that sometimes things really do get lost in the mail.

That's why whenever I sell anything I confirm to the buyer when I shipped it - so they know when its overdue from postage rather than it not having been posted at all.

Well some good news - I received the Werewolf Oz in the mail today!!!!!

As far as the Nazi Kroenen goes - I've got the claim in with Ebay so will probably just lose the $US25 fee... which isn't too bad in the end.

Wow it really must be my week. The Nazi Kroenen arrived!!!! Its dated 6 April so the guy did send it pretty much straight away. Given he deregistered himself after I field the claim - and wasn't returning any emails I had given up hope..........

That deserves some dancing chewies!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Darklord Dave said:

Has happened to me twice now, and has cost me several hundred dollars.
One was a fraudulent chargeback, and the other was an item lost in the mail.
Even though I showed proof of shipment, I was still out the money. Hundreds.
Paypal definitely sucks, and if there was a better seller alternative, I'd use it.

JS :maul :emperor

Back