Arctic Padme update??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sideshow we are way overdue for this, and since my wife is a really big Natalie Portman fan, it would do well to endear her to the line I'm preparing to spend so much money on. :D

One of the more recent production blogs mentioned that they are getting ready to start the design and proto for this. I'm sure someone a little more computer savvy will post the link.

I wouldn't expect to see this one for several more months at the very least.

Over the coming months, you can expect shots of ‘Padme in Progress.’ --April 14th, 2006
This is what I'm talking about. Its been a month and a half. Where are those production shots? I need something to show the wife. :D

It usually takes 4-6 months to get a proto and then another 4-6 to get production.

"I cannot teach him, the boy has no patience"

If they wait till the proto is done before they show anything I'll be annoyed. I thought they were going to show us the figure at pretty much each step of the process.

Darth Loki said:
It usually takes 4-6 months to get a proto and then another 4-6 to get production.

"I cannot teach him, the boy has no patience"

Didn't Mat Falls say in his podcast interview that a sculpt takes 3-5 days. Even with approvals you'd think we could at least see the proto scuplt after a month and a half. And they must do some preliminary drawings of the outfit, etc. Couldn't we see those?

I would think SS needs some sort of licensee approval first before showing it to the public. I have heard Lucasfilm is one of the tougher ones to get approval on quickly, or I could be talking out of my ass. :monkey3

They have to "art direct" the figure first, even before the sculptor can get to work on it. Will she be sculpted with the skull cap or not...etc.

When they posted that it's possible that they hadn't even assigned a sculptor yet.

bluesparrow said:
If they wait till the proto is done before they show anything I'll be annoyed. I thought they were going to show us the figure at pretty much each step of the process.

They may be talking about taking pictures at each step of the process and then showing them at a later date. I thought the same thing you did. If they do that, it will pretty much suck. They already do that anyway for most figures.

Yeah, I'm not expecting this for a while. I am more interested in it since it will look like NP.

Yeah, if it didnt it would be an easy pass for me. I hope this figure does real well so we can get more EU characters like Vos, Mara Jade, Asajj, etc.

Hopefully SS makes more than a thousand so we don't have another "maquette" situation on our hands.... :007

I wonder if she'll have an exclusive? Haven't watched the cartoon in a while so I can't remember if there's anything that would qualify. I know there was a little Dooku hologram in that sequence though.

As far as EU goes, I'd probably only be interested in other characters from the CW cartoons. Even then, eh, I'm just not much of an EU fan. Especially with SO many movie characters and only 8-10 figures a year.

bluesparrow said:

I think it would be a mistake for Sideshow to show us the step by step process of Padme as it was happening. If you think about all of the angry "photoshoping" that occurred during ALL of the pre-order pictures as well as the releases of both the Luke and Anakin. I think it would get pretty ugly in the forums both here and ESPECIALLY at Rebelscum when it came to this Padme... thinking that they MIGHT have some say in how this Padme turns out. I don't think Sideshow needs us breathing down their necks. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Personally I avoid the Rebelscum "wretched hive" forums like the plague... but that is just me. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
I'd think that the license agreement would mean they couldn't show anything not approved by Lucasfilm. Hopefully there will be more of a step by step process, but I wouldn't count on seeing variant sculpts, etc.

Back