Which is the best Sideshow Sandtrooper to get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cplhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey there!

I want to add a Sandtrooper to my collection but I'm not sure which is best QC wise.

I herd that the Squad leader had really loose joints and the backpack was diffcult to put on.

I don't really care which of the 3 Sand troopers I get but I want to be sure it has the best QC of the three.

Thanks so much!

I really didnt have any issues with any of the 3 QC wise. I would go for the Orange pauldron if i only was getting one though. More iconic i suppose

Yeah my first choice is orange too plus he comes with the T-21 light repeating blaster which just screams "sandtrooper"

I read on another site a poster had purchased the Squad leader(orange) but the joints were aweful. They were so loose.

I read on rebelscum that the Squad leader was relased in 2010 which I thought by then Sideshow had worked out all the looseness issues that had plauged their figures since the introduction of the pro and armoured bodies.

Man, I would say get the whole set. They look really nice togther. If I had to pick just one: Orange. Very iconic.

That said, the black is my personal fav, just cause he's never been done in 1:6 - ever (unless Medicom did him, but I dont count that line)

I agree with get them all though if you can ! they look great together.

tvunl.jpg

Best Sideshow Sandtroopers are those with custom better bodies to stand strong on their own. I funkin hate those display stands and the fact I paid over 100 bucks for a gawky goofy figure with excellent armour. So count in money for better bodies. My opinion that is.

I just ordered one from a place called CCG Armory, I hope I don't regret it later.

I just ordered one from a place called CCG Armory, I hope I don't regret it later.

I GOT MY SHIPPING NOTICE TODAY!!! My Squad Leader is ON THE WAY!!!
I can't believe that figure was still available new. I am really psyched to get this guy because I missed out during the initial run. Sideshow makes the superior trooper with Marmit in a close second.:yess:

That's a great pic...i had to do a double take because it looks so real!

Thanks! Yeah, this one poses great and the armor hangs really well on the base body, giving him that great "man in a suit" look...Sideshow really rocked it with this one!

Good thread --If I keep Dewback--I will need one of these guys

I ordered that "deluxe" Trooper that was offered at the same time as the Dewback...might go for the big lizard, but I want to see some shots of the production version first to see how the paint apps look compared to the really great looking proto...here's hoping they're good!

Back