Sideshow Bith 'Modal Nodes' Cantina Band

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Creature Cantina band

I don't know if I'd buy all of them, but I would at least like to have one for the SW alien collection.

this is a tough choice. the fact they all look the same doesn't make me want to buy multiples. but the thought of a full cantina scene with them makes my head explode from awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It got me wondering. Since Rebelscum reported there's to be a Stardestroyer environment for the bounty hunters(come on, it'll justbe an 18" long slab for them to stand on) think it's possible that they'll have a cantina environment for the Modal Nodes(eu haters start your _____ing)?

I hope they rsearch and find out what exactly the 6th member is playing back where you can barely see him. I've always thought it was some kind of keyboard thing.

These guys aren't exactly complicate in design, they ought not be exceeding $80.

There is a band member who is seated when playing his instrument, I hope he comes with a chair or something.

It got me wondering. Since Rebelscum reported there's to be a Stardestroyer environment for the bounty hunters(come on, it'll justbe an 18" long slab for them to stand on) think it's possible that they'll have a cantina environment for the Modal Nodes(eu haters start your _____ing)?

I hope they rsearch and find out what exactly the 6th member is playing back where you can barely see him. I've always thought it was some kind of keyboard thing.

That is the guy who is seated, I think. Got to go rewatch the movie.:D

These guys aren't exactly complicate in design, they ought not be exceeding $80.

There is a band member who is seated when playing his instrument, I hope he comes with a chair or something.

Totally agree. Hoping they use old buck bodies. They don't need uber-posability.

And yes, having a chair for tech M'or is a must.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Modal_Nodes_02.jpg

This excellent pic form wiki ahows all 6. there's one way in back on the right that I have never figures out what exactly he plays. Or wis name for that matter. The Hasbro band made an attempt but gave him another horn.

The hasbro 12" line and even Kubrick featured all 6 members.

Edit: Misread your text. Right, hope Sideshow would do their research and get that last instrument correct.

Last edited:

I'm going to assume they'll be making a polystone diorama base to display the entire band on as well.

I'd like to have one, it's a cool design, but I don't see myself getting htem all, probably get one with the sax looking instrument.

You know, Sideshow hasn't confirmed a Cantina band yet. They showed a Bith head that could easily be the Bith in the Max Rebo Band that has already been announced.

They aren't doing the SE Rebo band.

But isn't there more news than just the video appearance in the Rebelscum link?

Last edited:

Pic from the SSC Con Video. Detail looks good. BTW Puay you had already started this thread about the Cantina Band: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70652&highlight=cantina+band :lol :rotfl

CantinaBandmemberhead.jpg

One of the original Cantina band member masks I took a photo of when I visited Risk Baker's house as a kid in 1978. I think this is the one that was worn by his friend and makeup artist (for The Thing) Rob Bottin, who was the one sitting down in the band.

cantina-band.jpg

Sean

Back