Terminator 5!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragontron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Terminator3-09.jpg

collider.com-
Yep, he’s back. After announcing he was looking for new projects following his tenure as Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to return to The Terminator franchise in a new film. Long rumored to be attached to a new Terminator film, Justin Lin (Fast Five) is indeed directing. Deadline reports that the two are shopping a rights package around town in order to set the new flick up at a studio.

Schwarzenegger has been attached to a number of projects in the past few months, and it was looking like was close to choosing Kim Ji-Woon’s The Last Stand as his comeback project. There’s no word on how soon the new Terminator film would go into production, but one would assume the studio that grabs the project will want to get going as quickly as possible.

After McG’s Terminator: Salvation reboot, the rights to the franchise were in a bit of trouble. Now it looks like the new flick will be set up with a new studio (the report states that Universal, Sony and Lionsgate are “looking hard” at the package). An interesting tidbit in the story, though, is that per copyright law, the rights to Terminator revert back to James Cameron in 2018. While it seems that Cameron really wants nothing to do with the franchise anymore, if a studio were planning on making Terminator films past that date, Cameron would have to sign off.

The rights package for the new Terminator should be picked up quickly by a studio, after which a screenwriter will be hired and you can bet the flick will be fast-tracked. Here’s hoping they find an original angle with which to bring Schwarzenegger back into the loop.

https://collider.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-justin-lin/87725/

There are also rumors/talks of Vin Diesel jumping into the production. Thoughts? Personally, I am glad to see Arnold return to the Terminator franchise. I can only hope that he makes a return as Dutch in the next Predator flick.

In my opinion, Arnold is too old for a Terminator film now, and it would just be cheesy if he were in it just for a cameo. I love Arnold, I'd rather re-live his existing movies, than see him try to be 30 again. Of course, makeup can do wonders, so who knows, maybe he'll be badass.

Ahhhhnuld Please get some plastic surgery like the rest of Hollywood :panic:

:lol maybe he will. He'd need hair regrowth too, he's been receding a bit.

Love arnie, I'm gonna hope for the best but I do worry that no one other than James Cameron will ever do this properly.

In my opinion, Arnold is too old for a Terminator film now, and it would just be cheesy if he were in it just for a cameo. I love Arnold, I'd rather re-live his existing movies, than see him try to be 30 again. Of course, makeup can do wonders, so who knows, maybe he'll be badass.

You and me can never be friends again. :monkey2

They could just make Arnold's character a Resistance fighter that Skynet captured back then and used his likeness for the T800 model. Then have the Resistance free the now aged Arnold and he becomes a right hand man for Connor.

Mehhhhhhh...dont give a ____ about this franchise any more. Why wont it just ____ing DIE! :(

*hugs T1 and T2*

stop milking this until they turn everyone off the franchise all together.:slap

arnold's way to old to make any appearance seem realistic imo.

Anyone hoping Arnie pulls a Stallone and goes crazy into a workout?

If anyone can bounce the body back, its Schwarzenegger. I never thought Stallone could look at 65 as he did in Expendables.

Arnie looked pretty decent in T3, body wise, but man, he's got to work really hard

Personally, the need to get The Rock to play the next terminator. Dude looks like a monster in Fast 5

I like the idea of him reprising Conan as an older king, but have a hard time imagining how he works as Terminator.

I guess a good writer could make some sense of it, though.

Back