The New Buffy DVD Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Well, today is suppose to be the day that the new slimmer cased and cheaper editions are to be released for all seasons of Buffy. At least that is what Amazon has it listed as it's release date, even though I've not seen anything to confirm this. And the Amazon product page shows no picture for the new editions. Odd. :confused:

I know that most of you already have the sets... but I was wondering if there is anybody out there buyin'? :confused:

Since I currently don't own any Buffy season on DVD... today MIGHT be the day that I will change all of that. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Has anybody heard news of the long rumored Angel box set? I don't have of THOSE either.

i could've sworn i saw these at blockbuster a month or so ago.. i dont have any angel DVD so i might buy this one. as for the buffy set i already bought all 7 of the regular sets so there is no reason for me to get this one.

Amazon does have them listed but you have to look at the release date. As for the "new" box art, no such luck. The art is exactly the same as the old box sets which don't exactly make it stand out on a store shelf anymore.

$28 per season at Amazon with the new slimline releases x 7 = $196.
Would it still be cheaper to find the Ulitmate Buffy Box set from Ebay? :confused:

JS

it depends on how fast you want to get them all. i have all the older indidual seasons. and by buying them one at a time i managed to get each season for about $35-$40 each shipped. there are quite a few buffy season one sets for $15 plus shipping and season 2 for $25 and shipping. you can easily find other seasons for around the same prices if you just wait and shop around.

and in a year or two there'll be a Blu-Ray DVD release of Buffy on 1/3rd the amount of discs, and in another 5 years there's be a new gizmo-gadget that'll give you all seasons on a single disc, and in another 10 years your kids will say "DVD? what's that?" as they plug in their whatchamahooey and "live" all the Buffy episodes from the viewpoint of any character they want and then something REALLY cool will come along after that!!! :rotfl

Heck, I've been to several stores and NOBODY in my area has them.

Perhaps the fact that many stores already are stocked up with the old versions that they didn't order any of the new ones. :confused:

JSAuctionService said:
$28 per season at Amazon with the new slimline releases x 7 = $196.
Would it still be cheaper to find the Ulitmate Buffy Box set from Ebay? :confused:

JS

Walmart has them (supposely, I haven't been there yet) for $25 which would make it $175 for the 7 seasons.

The Chosen Collection usually goes for $200-$225 including shipping... so it's not that cheaper. Besides I have the extra disc anyway. :)D) My friend got the set and I don't particularly like the packaging. It's better than the original sets but not by much.

I'm more partial to the slim cases that came with Firefly. It makes it easlier to let people borrow the discs rather than giving them the WHOLE CHOSEN SET. :monkey4

And, yes, I plan on spreading the word. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
Walmart has them (supposely, I haven't been there yet) for $25 which would make it $175 for the 7 seasons.

Was at our Walmart tonight and they had a large display at the front of the store with these. Boxes may have been slightly smaller, the background color of the boxes appeared to be different from what I remember although the pics looked to be about the same.

ffl1940 said:
...in another 10 years your kids will say "DVD? what's that?" as they plug in their whatchamahooey and "live" all the Buffy episodes from the viewpoint of any character they want...

Ok, that is a BILLION$$$$$$$ idea!!!!! Let's get started!!!! :chew :chew :chew

And, don't forget, March 10, 2007, marks the 10th anniversary of Buffy The Vampire Slayer — a scant nine-months from a week from next Wednesday!

I bet Fox will release an Über-box.

Nah. Well, it could happen.

I've got the original VHS tapes, the intiial DVD boxes, and The Chosen Collection, but I'd buy 'em again if Fox included the unaired pilot, "Previously on... /Next on...," network and syndi promos, the At&T ads, etc.

Protozaius: Regardless of which sets you ultimately decide upon, I can't think of a more deserving person to own them. Based upon your posts, you totally and completely "get" the show.

wvb.jpg

I'd just like to take advantage of this opportunity to brag about the fact that I was able to pick up the Chosen Collection from Deep Discount DVD for $100 last year due to a big sale the week it happened to be released.

:banana Thank you :banana

On another note, they did the same thing with the X files seasons and it tooka couple weeks for them to really start showing up in stores. I think some stores also want to make sure they get rid of the original packaging as well.

FrankenFan said:
Protozaius: Regardless of which sets you ultimately decide upon, I can't think of a more deserving person to own them. Based upon your posts, you totally and completely "get" the show.

wvb.jpg

Frankly FrankenFan, I feel EXTREMELY fortunate to have found the TV show. It's SO well written and wonderfully acted... it seems to use the medum of television to it's fullest. It's been great to finally find a tasty show to sink my teeth into. :monkey5

I feel that way with all the Whedonverses. They are wonderful places to immerse yourself in :D

Really better than the new shows like Lost and Prison Break!? (well theyre completely different genre)

About this boxset, I might just wait for the HD DVD or BD ver...

Thought I'd pass this along....

Amazon has slashed the prices of their Buffy Slim set versions for $27.99 to $19.97! That makes it less than $140 for the whole seven seasons!

Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...9631908-6848136?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

Well, I FINALLY purchased the set (I had an unused $50 gift certificate)... my set shipped today!

:chew :chew :chew I CANNOT WAIT!!! :chew :chew :chew

Now if only the Angel sets were released in those cute slim sets! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Protozaius said:
Thought I'd pass this along....

Amazon has slashed the prices of their Buffy Slim set versions for $27.99 to $19.97! That makes it less than $140 for the whole seven seasons!

Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...9631908-6848136?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

Well, I FINALLY purchased the set (I had an unused $50 gift certificate)... my set shipped today!

:chew :chew :chew I CANNOT WAIT!!! :chew :chew :chew

Now if only the Angel sets were released in those cute slim sets! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

congrats!! make sure you have a marathon this weekend. and keep us posted on when the angel slim set comes out.

yeah I picked up the first four seasons of the slim case sets from WalMart of all places,they didn't have the last three seasons. My girlfriends happy though since she inherited the first four original sets. I like the slim case sets tons better with the episode discriptions and original airdates on the back of each jewel case. All the front and sideart box art and the discs look exactly the same as the fold out sets.

Back